Holy shit the flying levels are impossible.

Quink666

15 minutes ago, archangel9978 said:

So i noticed on one of these levels i got one complete objective (chests) and when i exited said level it gave me them gems for said objective and showed level 20% done....so in effect couldnt one go in and do one objective, leave, reenter do next objective....lather rinse repeat until level is complete?

For individual objects you can do that. But getting 100% for the level has an "all in one go" requirement. No matter what you'll need a perfect run eventually. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

For individual objects you can do that. But getting 100% for the level has an "all in one go" requirement. No matter what you'll need a perfect run eventually. 

Yup, cause this gives you... I think 60 of the gems? While each individual one is something like 30 gems.  Could be wrong though, since it's suppose to add up to 300 gems from the levels each.  Just can't recall how much the individual ones give when completed and how much the all in one gives.

42 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

Also just a tip from someone who has played Spyro a shit ton, for obatacles that are moving (in example tractors or racecars running on a path or boats on a river) it is much faster to go after them head on than it is to chase after them. Just let them come to you and blaze them.

This^

You will save a lot of time and hassle by doing this. It took me a while to figure it out but it's well worth doing :).

3 hours ago, Zarmatura93 said:

I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything, but I'm really struggling to see how these levels can be so difficult for some people. I get that the controls might be a bit annoying, but they're not so infuriating that it should be that hard to adjust to them quickly. As for the levels themselves, they're all about finding the correct order (and very often that order is right in front of you) and once you've done that, the level is usually done in one simple glide.

You are probably used to inverted controls like I am so I didn't find these levels that difficult either after learning the proper order to tackle them via videos or trial and error. However, I would almost certainly be having as much trouble as the OP if the controls were reversed and unchangeable. It really should be an option.  

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 4

I did these recently and currently playing Spyro 3, I can say that Spyro 1 has the hardest races lol. The time trials in 3 are a joke.

20 hours ago, Zarmatura93 said:

I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything, but I'm really struggling to see how these levels can be so difficult for some people. I get that the controls might be a bit annoying, but they're not so infuriating that it should be that hard to adjust to them quickly. As for the levels themselves, they're all about finding the correct order (and very often that order is right in front of you) and once you've done that, the level is usually done in one simple glide.

Yeah I agree, it is really doable. Didn't need to watch videos. 

These games are aimed at children so us adults shouldn't really have a problem with Spyro games

4 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I did these recently and currently playing Spyro 3, I can say that Spyro 1 has the hardest races lol. The time trials in 3 are a joke.

Man that's great news. Managed to get the 2nd flying levels down yesterday. I found it alot easier then the first.

9 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Man that's great news. Managed to get the 2nd flying levels down yesterday. I found it alot easier then the first.

Yes... But the Hunter challenges within the speedways in 3 are annoying. Specially the one on the farm map. Had to replay that one too many times.

Like someone previously said, when things are moving, like the train or boats, don't follow them but choose to fly towards the direction they are coming from as it saves time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChicagoRedSox said:

I'm not sure what people mean by "inverted" controls. The controls are the same as in any flight-based game I've ever played (including the PS1 Spyro).

I don't even remember using inverted controls. Do these games have inverted flight controls? Guess I'm just used to them

Edited by Erkawest

9 hours ago, ChicagoRedSox said:

I'm not sure what people mean by "inverted" controls. The controls are the same as in any flight-based game I've ever played (including the PS1 Spyro).

That's true for most of us, but a lot of modern games default to stupid controls these days, and people are used to just imagining a reticle moving up and down the screen rather than being in place of the character. 

• Like 2

Well, to me, it's not that difficult. And i'm not extremely skilled, you can see this on my profile.

Flight levels were awfull to me 20 years ago. But now, it feels really easy,  and i'd take a lot of fun doing it.

The best thing is to watch videos to find the best way to beat the level.

The problem is that the videos on YouTube are made by extremely good players and it could be hard to mimic what they're doing. Would probably be easier   to do it by following the run of a "common" player.  (People like me who managed to do it easily without being really skylzed)  

Edited by ACTWD
  • Like 1

Well, looking at the % of platinums, it definiteley is not impossible. But for me, more than anything, it's annoying due to bad camera, not controls. It dips, jumps and loses your character and I often land in water. Just leaving flying lvls at about 60% for now and will decide if it's worth going for platinum and losing a little bit of sanity again because of another f-ing speedrun levels in a video game...

• Like 2

Ok, So I have done my first couple flying levels. Which were the 2 for the Hot Wing trophies. The first one took quite a bit of tries but the second one did not. I even managed to get the Hot Wing 2 trophy while doing the objectives. Now I have to do the 2 were you can't touch the ground.

Not as bad as I was thinking but harder than the main story levels.

• 2 weeks later...