Holy shit the flying levels are impossible.

Quink666

You don't need to comfort him anymore because he already has 100%.

Also I can't believe why somebody who got through the shitty online portion of The Last of Us had no patience to do 5 straightforward levels which took max 2h without any guide for average gamer and complain here, don't want to be mean but I just not understand this type of behaviour of seasoned trophy hunter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sashamence said:

Also I can't believe why somebody who got through the shitty online portion of The Last of Us had no patience to do 5 straightforward levels which took max 2h without any guide for average gamer and complain here, don't want to be mean but I just not understand this type of behaviour of seasoned trophy hunter.

People have different strengths. TLOU was totally fun to me and I didn’t notice a grind. Yet I’m absolutely useless at and have no patience for the challenges in Arkham games, even though the first game has a fairly decent plat percentage. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

People have different strengths. TLOU was totally fun to me and I didn’t notice a grind. Yet I’m absolutely useless at and have no patience for the challenges in Arkham games, even though the first game has a fairly decent plat percentage. 

Well, you're probably right. Maybe "shitty" was too harsh word to use, I just don't like when online trophies require so much effort (I still love TLOU and have done singleplayer portion of the game with pleasure). But calling Spyro flying levels impossible by seasoned trophy hunter is gigantic exaggeration, that's for sure.

It's just to do it over and over some few times and you'll make it. I always hated it, at first it feels near impossible, but then after some few runs it gets much easier, and that very fast. I guess the process is getting used to the flying, and learning the route, that's it really, and then you make it. So while it feels impossible on the first few runs, it's very easy in the end.

so... git gud

Edited by MMDE

10 hours ago, sashamence said:

The problem was not the level themselves but that you could not invert flying and i suck at flying in general.The first flying level was also alot stricter on time then the rest of them. So your seasoned trophy hunter argument means absolutely nothing.If you think having a few plats makes you good at every game you are sadly mistaken. I can't fly for shit, and it is even worse with inverted controls. Trophies don't equal skill, no idea where you got that from.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 2

even though I had no problems with, but for someone who just came from the ps1 spyro games and gets into the reignited collection the flying stages were worsen out.

- the hit box for spyro's flame breath got ruined as this time around spyro need to get so close to the object to the point he was about to give a kiss for so he can flame it.

- the camera angle sucks! when you try to fly up, the camera get so low trying to create a dynamic view.

- for some dumb reason they decided to add a bit of a realism, I mean when you fly in a low altitude near the waters the air will be less, making the waters /sea drag spyro towards it like magnet, I don't recall spyro games being realistic.

- the timers is far much shorter than in the originals.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone's tips on this thread are really helpful. I am hoping that I am able to actually beat these flying levels with these tips.

I am terrible at any sort of flight sim - my brain is just not wired for them - so these levels were always a struggle for me.

The rest of the game is a breeze.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Flying levels weren't too bad for me except for Wild Flight.  I highly recommend Brian's videos (PS_4Trophies) on YT if you're having trouble.  He's insanely skilled at these and shows you pretty much the ideal paths.  I got through them all in about 3+ hours with his help:

Sunny Flight - 5/10 difficulty.  Took about 15 tries, timing of the planes and trains is the worst part.

Night Flight - 3/10.  5 tries or so, pattern is easy.

Crystal Flight - 3/10.  5 tries, pattern is easy.

Icy Flight - 5/10.  15+ tries, pattern is very important, but not that hard once you have it down.  Have to do lanterns and chests in the bigger loop first, then dive into the train tunnels to the jet-pack guy areas last.

Wild Flight - 9/10.  50+ tries, pattern is both complex and extremely difficult to execute.  Very tight spaces and numerous diving/swooping turns and changes in altitude.  Hitting the moving boats down on the water is brutal.    

Overall the PS4 update for these flying levels is terrible compared with the amazing job they did with the rest of the game.  The camera and controls are wonky whenever you change altitude or direction quickly.  The hit-box detection for Spyro's flame attack is very small and sketchy.  Running into things also seems completely random, sometimes Spryo will bounce off allowing you to regain control, other times he just falls straight into the water like a bag of bricks.  Despite the issues they are still very doable, even if you aren't all that skilled at the game.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just looked at every stages video on youtube before going in. Did every level first try except wild flight that took me 3 tries. I dunno it was easy for me even though games laggy AF on ps5

Edited by ToMoSK1
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 4:10 AM, JPageMartin36 said:

I did Sunny Flight yesterday I think (the one accessible from the first world), by doing one set of 8 at a time. You need to do a run with all 4 tasks at once? 

Yes, typically they all flow together so when you finish one set, another should be right in front of you. However, personally there were some I had to do 2 sets at a time as I couldn't find the optimal path for each set individually and then chain to the next one. Doubtless there are videos online if push comes to shove.

Just be glad 100% all skateboard sections in Spyro 3 is not needed for the Platinum - the landing is broken IMO.

• 1 month later...

this is my first ever time playing any spyro game and I got the platinum for number 1 today, I will be honest I saved all the flying levels right until the end because they do look pretty intimidating at first glance, but they are not actually that bad once you get used to the backwards controlls, really enjoyed them all in the end.

If anyone reading this is struggling with them, like alot of people have already said on here they all actually follow a pattern and straight after you finish one lot of obstacles the next lot are all in line to do next, like one continuous loop of obstacles, you can start from anywhere and still make your way through them, just find your own way of how you feel comfortable working your way through them, keep practicing your loop and eventually you will finish them

also youtube guides have loads of different ways of doing them, look on there :)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I don't get it how platinum in this game is classified as 2-3/10. Just finished Wild Racing trophy after probably 30 or mre tries and i'm still shaking. Few days ago Finnished Rachet&Clank Remake which is same difficulty  and Knack which is marked as 6+/10, and nothing (for me at least) was so stressfull and annoing to achieve.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I wasn't great at this but I can appreciate how not being able to invert the controls would have been extra frustrating. 

I got round it by just flying round and working a route out, so I knew where I needed to be each time. Just a bit of planning rather than slamming my head against a brick wall when i took a wrong turn. Took ten or so tries. 

I tend to find for tricky "skill" trophies you can usually plan it out. Tell that to the bloody flappy bird thing in Goat Simulator mind you. 

Having played the original PS1 trilogy, I had no issue with the Speedways.  It just takes a lot of patience and practice, also why would you want them inverted? I hate inverted controls, up should be up and down should be down in my world, inverted controlled just confuses things.  The only thing I thought was unfair was wanting to us to do the Yeti Race in the Bonus Round in Spyro 3 legit, there was an exploit in the original PS1 game [ which I still own with the non Greatest Hits soundtrack ] that if you stand Spyro in one of the boost Stars on the Racecourse, and count to 100 as the Star Flashes on him, then you will have a permanent boost on Spyro's Ski Board and able to beat the Yetis - thankfully the Bonus Round wasn't for Platinum on that game, as players wouldn't be able to get it unless they were seriously good at Skateboarding.