Preload is up, game is 39,715GB

Quink666

Holy crap, 20,719 GB that makes red dead redemption 2 look like a ps1 title in comparison. Oh wait its just a typo LOL, in all seriousness how the hell did they manage to get the filesize to almost half of darksiders warmastered edition(assuming the length is about the same), i was expecting at least 30 gb.

• Like 3

Just now, jgm4789 said:

Holy crap, 20,719 GB that makes red dead redemption 2 look like a ps1 title in comparison. Oh wait its just a typo LOL, in all seriousness how the hell did they manage to get the filesize to almost half of darksiders warmastered edition(assuming the length is about the same), i was expecting at least 30 gb.

I also thought it was very small for a AAA game nowaday. Hopefully this doesn't mean its a short game =>

5 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

You are sure? From my friend

64c5bc3b3ebbd8d6de3a45c9e873e2e8.jpg

For start application 20GB in total 40GB

I'm a jackass, did'nt check it in downloads. Yeah to start app is 20.71 =) Full game is 39,7GB

Changed the topic.

Edited by Quink666

18 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

In the remaster they’re probably using uncompressed assets to make them look good and stand out because of how they were created back in the day, lower polygon count...

Today though, they don’t need to use uncompressed assets because a game would end up being like 200 gigs and no one wants that so they use compression. Don’t worry because it doesn’t mean anything, the game isn’t going to be bad, it’s just that the compression has improved to lower storage space requirements :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NekoRave said:

The year is 2077

20TB download

35TB Day one patch

5TB DLC x 30 DLCs

45TB Bug Patch/Glitch/Exploit

1kb of the patch breaks one trophy

Future systems can't downgrade a patch even with a proxy

2 years later

20TB patch for more bugs and a fix for a broken trophy, new dlc 5TB, but 1kb is broken with the final dlc

Devs never fix the last broken trophy

275TB's later

275,000GB for a game

Ends up unobtainable anyways.

FUTURE

FUTURE

FUTURE

FUTURE

Funny. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NekoRave said:

The year is 2077

20TB download

35TB Day one patch

5TB DLC x 30 DLCs

2 years later

20TB patch for more bugs and a fix for a broken trophy, new dlc 5TB, but 1kb is broken with the final dlc

275TB's later

275,000GB for a game

FUTURE

FUTURE

FUTURE

FUTURE

You don't say?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Been playing 1 and 2 in anticipation and I noticed that Deathinitive is quite a bit smaller than Warmastered was. I think Warmastered is just bloated, haha.

Are you having contant crashes in Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition? It crashed constantly for me. But its still  a great game just not as good as the first one.

2 hours ago, NekoRave said:

The year is 2077

20TB download

35TB Day one patch

5TB DLC x 30 DLCs

2 years later

275TB's later

275,000GB for a game

FUTURE

FUTURE

FUTURE

FUTURE

I think you meant 2027.

4 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Are you having contant crashes in Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition? It crashed constantly for me. But its still  a great game just not as good as the first one.

None so far, but I'm still just barely into the second game. Finished it years ago on ps3, though.

29 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

In what parts of the world do you totally ignore the comma?

By using that logic i would almost weigh 1 tonne. 97,3kg would  be 973kg.

Even the PS4 uses comma.

It's comma vs decimal (, vs .), And it varies depending on which part of the world you're in.

I.e., your 97,3 kg (Europe, I'm guessing) would be 97.3 kg (in the US, not sure what Canada does).

To muddy the waters further, it's also reversed for "order of magnitude" separating (I'm sure this has a formal name I don't know). E.g., one thousand is written 1,000 or 1.000. Of course, here the comma/decimal CAN be omitted, making it simply 1000.

Clear as mud, right? Actually it's not that confusing once you're aware that these differences exist, then you can mentally translate them pretty easily.

Edit: To bring it back to this topic, the "joke" is that 39,715 GB actually looks like almost 40 TB because some of us are expecting to see 39.715 GB instead.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

It's comma vs decimal (, vs .), And it varies depending on which part of the world you're in.

I.e., your 97,3 kg (Europe, I'm guessing) would be 97.3 kg (in the US, not sure what Canada does).

To muddy the waters further, it's also reversed for "order of magnitude" separating (I'm sure this has a formal name I don't know). E.g., one thousand is written 1,000 or 1.000. Of course, here the comma/decimal CAN be omitted, making it simply 1000.

Clear as mud, right? Actually it's not that confusing once you're aware that these differences exist, then you can mentally translate them pretty easily.

Edit: To bring it back to this topic, the "joke" is that 39,715 GB actually looks like almost 40 TB because some of us are expecting to see 39.715 GB instead.

Alrighty, i actually learnt something today =) I have always written it as it is shown on the PS4. In the future ill just stick to double or triple digits to avoid confusion.

• Like 1