Game breaking bugs

Notdog1996

Any of you guys encountered game breaking bugs?

I heard of a few people mentionning gems didn't spawn in one level, or game events didn't proceed, things like forcing a restart.

Personally, I'm getting some pretty terrible bugs in the last areas.

I can't beat the rhynocs race in Lost Fleet because they keep teleporting in front of me. In Crystal Islands, the mole count stays stuck between tries, so it doesn't count anymore. I wanted to finish the game 100% like on the PS1, so I feel very disappointed about this. This game in particular needed more polish, because apart from the game breaking bugs, I encountered many that didn't really affect the gameplay, but should still not be allowed on a full release.

• Like 1

The only problem I had with the third game is two crashes in a row which happened in Tank Blast minigame (Haunted Tombs level), thankfully game saves progress constantly so I didnt lose any progress. I had more bugs in the second game, the most notable having to fight two Riptos at the same time.

Checking the forums it seems quite a lot people have different issues across all games so it definitely should be patched any time soon.

I had a gem problem once, an enemy didn't drop a gem, so Sparx was pointing at, well, nothing for a while, as in, nothing was there.  It took me a moment to consider the enemy didn't drop the gem when need be.

I had an issue in the second game with those fire trolls in Cloud Temples, getting the third bell to ring, the one that was suppose to run around on a path was stuck in one area, so I couldn't even get to the third bell to ring.  But a exit and renter of the level fixed the troll path.

Though I had a good bug in the third game, the red thief in Molten Crater on the Supercharge path, I messed up and fell off the path, so when I ran around the path again, I could not find him.  Turns out the thief had also fallen off and was stuck, so that made getting the egg from him so much easier xD

@Taobaka I was watching a YouTuber and he had the same Ripto glitch happen to him in the boss fight, was actually pretty amazing to see happen xD

50 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Though I had a good bug in the third game, the red thief in Molten Crater on the Supercharge path, I messed up and fell off the path, so when I ran around the path again, I could not find him.  Turns out the thief had also fallen off and was stuck, so that made getting the egg from him so much easier xD

Same happened to me. Never had any problems with the first 2 games tho. Year of the Dragon though... nothing major or gamebreaking, so much as a vague pervading sense of things not working quite right, ya know.

20 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I had a gem problem once, an enemy didn't drop a gem, so Sparx was pointing at, well, nothing for a while, as in, nothing was there.  It took me a moment to consider the enemy didn't drop the gem when need be.

I had an issue in the second game with those fire trolls in Cloud Temples, getting the third bell to ring, the one that was suppose to run around on a path was stuck in one area, so I couldn't even get to the third bell to ring.  But a exit and renter of the level fixed the troll path.

@Taobaka I was watching a YouTuber and he had the same Ripto glitch happen to him in the boss fight, was actually pretty amazing to see happen xD

Many times, the thieves get stuck in corners. Makes it laughably easy to burn them. They were worse in the PSOne days 

Other than some frame rate issues, I had no major problems with Spyro 1 and 2 but Spyro 3 gave me no end of problems :(. Whilst there were no crashes, I did experiance multiple missions glitching out so had to be restarted, the "Man the Cannons" trophy bugged out, the camera had a life of its own, the hit and collision detection were really bad in places and the A.I rubber banded like crazy during many of the races :(.

Finished the trilogy yesterday, only Spyro 3 had bugs for me (seems that they rushed the game). 

All games had some gems that Sparxx didn't want to collect, even when standing next to them

1. Ninjas in rocket factory rushed me wave by wave when playing as Agent 9 (directly from spawn, don't remember this). This made 3 ninjas get stuck into each other retreating against a wall

2. The fire metal enemies in the Tara tomb raider map. One froze completely and didn't move while the metal grid was permanently on fire

3. Bow rhynoc in the beanstalk map was immune to fire. Somehow he respawned after I killed him and could only die to rush attacks

Well one beneficial glitch I've seen in my gameplay was if you get to that egg thief that you have to supercharge to keep up (I forget level) in Spyro 3, if you jump over him at a certain point, it'll cause to fall off the ramp and get glitched in place by a cliff wall. Guess, because there's not pathing for that situation? But it made it so much easier to burn that pos :) 

17 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Well one beneficial glitch I've seen in my gameplay was if you get to that egg thief that you have to supercharge to keep up (I forget level) in Spyro 3, if you jump over him at a certain point, it'll cause to fall off the ramp and get glitched in place by a cliff wall. Guess, because there's not pathing for that situation? But it made it so much easier to burn that pos :) 

For me, I fell down when chasing him in Icy Peak and respawned on top of him so he died... Was kinda lame tbh

9 minutes ago, FairyCal said:

I had one glitch in Molten Crater, where you move with Sgt. Byrd. When I tried to get Tikis heads and moved to high, camera went crazy and showed me Byrd feet. I had problems with flying in place with lava and then died, only then I could do anything.

I ran into this problem as well, only other real problem I had was the skateboard race in Lost Fleet but I simply exited and re-entered the side level portal and it seemed to fix it.

On 11/25/2018 at 8:00 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

You guys got the video with the two Riptos?

5 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Oh, I've seen that from a channel I watched and he got the glitch as well.  Was amusing to see that it had happened.  But luckily, I never got that glitch myself, battle played out normally :)

I just saw it and wow that was funny. I never ran into this myself, but I imagine this would have been a great challenge battle something if this was intentional. Here's a video incase anyone is interested 

Edited by HeroFangGhetz

On 04/12/2018 at 4:58 PM, MMDE said:

The original Spyro 3 game had a complete game breaking bug.

https://spyro.fandom.com/wiki/Speedway_Glitch

I had this happen a couple of times back in the day, when I was near completing everything. :( 

Oh yes! I remember that!

When I played the original, I was aware of that glitch, so I made sure to complete the speedways before exiting them. It was particularly annoying with Harbor Speedway, because the race was pretty hard.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only experienced 2 issues within the Trilogy and both the issues were on Spyro 3.
I had to restart the application to obtain the "Man the cannons, man" trophy and also restart the game application because after restarting the skate race in Lost Fleet a certain amount of times, the frame rate would be ridiculously low.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like I cant do the trophy for gliding 5 seconds in cloud spire. I get pull down to the ground immediately after running through the powerup.

Nvm I was able to do it with a Power Stream and Holding down while gliding. Still with the power up it would have been easier.

Man the cannons. Tried it twice and didnt work. Played some other levels and trophies and returned, this time using all three cannons and it popped.

Edited by Mori

• 2 months later...

In Spyro 3 I sometimes get stuck in menu in the fly levels after racing. Only way to get out of it is to close the game and restart it. Also in the skate race in Lost Fleet I sometimes spwan without the board in the race and having to restart the race to get a new one. 

Edited by Satsarn13

• 1 month later...