Would you Buy Blackout Characters?

iJLAW_

I only ask because I saw on twitter from a reliable source that the reddit user who is an "ex treyarch employee" who has leaked now a few things that have come true, posted that blackout characters are going to be purchasable for 1,000 cod points each. For those that dont know, that is $10 per character. So would you consider paying $10 for some / if not all characters you cant obtain yourself legitimately ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

No way. It wouldn’t feel like you earned the trophy, it would just feel like you paid an absurd amount of money for a trophy. I’d rather do it all legitimately tbh, not sure how many other trophy hunters share the same opinion.

You say that but there are people on here that have gone for ‘Prestigious Award’ whilst glitching customs, I would say the majority of them wouldn’t care tbh. I am in the same boat as you, it should be earned legitimately 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iJLAW_ said:

I only ask because I saw on twitter from a reliable source that the reddit user who is an "ex treyarch employee" who has leaked now a few things that have come true, posted that blackout characters are going to be purchasable for 1,000 cod points each. For those that dont know, that is $10 per character. So would you consider paying $10 for some / if not all characters you cant obtain yourself legitimately ?

If it meant unlocking the trophies, then sure, but I'd still need 1 and 10 wins on BO, so :/ I'm a zombies player, so I'll never succeed in Blackout :/ 

5 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

If it meant unlocking the trophies, then sure, but I'd still need 1 and 10 wins on BO, so :/ I'm a zombies player, so I'll never succeed in Blackout :/ 

you can get the 10 wins man.  I had 6 wins in public matchmaking in quads before i found people to play it with and now i have about 20.  I'm not great at it either.  I won a quads match solo and won back to back doubles one time when me and a friend unlocked prophet in back to back matches.  You just have to suffer through a lot of losses to get the wins.  I've got all the blackout requirements met and i can't do the zombies.  So i know your pain but i think you over estimate the difficulty of the wins.  the characters are a bitch though.

13 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

you can get the 10 wins man.  I had 6 wins in public matchmaking in quads before i found people to play it with and now i have about 20.  I'm not great at it either.  I won a quads match solo and won back to back doubles one time when me and a friend unlocked prophet in back to back matches.  You just have to suffer through a lot of losses to get the wins.  I've got all the blackout requirements met and i can't do the zombies.  So i know your pain but i think you over estimate the difficulty of the wins.  the characters are a bitch though.

Closest I've been is second place. It's insanely hard for me to get in the top 5, let alone 1st place, with there being so many op quad/duo teams :( I know some people say solo is more ideal since won't be facing parties, but I doubt I'll ever get a win :( I've always played the Black Ops games for the zombies first, multiplayer second (or third if BO1), not for the battle royale mode :( 

6 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Closest I've been is second place. It's insanely hard for me to get in the top 5, let alone 1st place, with there being so many op quad/duo teams :( I know some people say solo is more ideal since won't be facing parties, but I doubt I'll ever get a win :( I've always played the Black Ops games for the zombies first, multiplayer second (or third if BO1), not for the battle royale mode :( 

starting tomorrow i will probably be trying for the last few character assuming they are released.  so if you wan to play with me the next few days we can probably get some stuff done for you.

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

starting tomorrow i will probably be trying for the last few character assuming they are released.  so if you wan to play with me the next few days we can probably get some stuff done for you.

Well, i'm free all of Tuesday and Thursday, so maybe.

What are you guys thinking about..

$10 is even less than hourly wage rate. I will definitely pay it so I could have more time to spend on other games.

Actually no one can guarantee that he/she will surely unlock any character within a hour. 

• Like 2

I've unlocked all of the characters relatively easily. The only ones that managed to give me trouble were Reznov, Woods and Shaw. Only reason being is because those items are in high populated areas practically every match and it takes a lot of skill to get them. Stay persistent, have a good squad and you'll save yourself a lot of money. 

That would be another win for activision. They know the average community can't unlock them legit, so why not scamming them instead ?? I mean, I can't really talkshit about it since I have a shit ton of $5 to $10 games to boosts my trophys scores. But buying severals characters that are honestly not that hard to get, just for a single trophy? that's kind of bad.

Sorry but I think I will give a hard pass if the price is 10 dollars per character, that insanely absurd. I think the challenge for unlocking the characters is fun but the idea of first relying on luck in getting the item and then complete the challenge in the same round is just plain stupid, for me the better options are 1. Unlock the character as soon you get the specific item or 2. as soon you get the item the challenge remains active until you complete it regardless of how many matches took it to complete it.