TerminatarMnA

Red Dead 2 Online Beta release date confirmed.

51 posts in this topic

The beta will arrive tomorrow for some. If you bought the ultimate edition, you can play the beta tomorrow. 

If you bought the standard edition and played it sometime between October 26th and October 30th, you can play it on Thursday. 

If you played it anytime after that, it opens on Friday, 30th November.

This article explains it better;

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/11/26/18112314/red-dead-redemption-2-online-beta-release-date-ps4-xbox

Seen complaints about this already. It’s just a few extra days!

This probably is in place to stop the game being DDoS'd by too many players trying to connect at once during the launch of the online. I guess this will prompt competitive people to now buy the ultimate edition just to play the online a day earlier in hopes that they can get the platinum first, I'm not really into that as I'm happy to keep my sleep throughout the week and still get the platinum in the end. 

23 minutes ago, inesses said:

any updates on earning trophies during Beta?

I asked on Facebook. Will let you know if I hear back.

I guess now is the time to finish RDR and buy RDR2....

I thought it said that Ultimate is tomorrow, day 1 players on Wednesday, weekend 26th-28th on Thursday and then the rest on 30th November

17 minutes ago, tata_arek said:

I'm fine with the staggered release. Hopefully lets them avoid a messy launch.

Precisely. I DO NOT want a repeat of GTA Online's launch, it was painful.

6 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I thought it said that Ultimate is tomorrow, day 1 players on Wednesday, weekend 26th-28th on Thursday and then the rest on 30th November

Yeah that's the schedule.

Heres hoping R* can control the damn modders this time. Can't even play the normal RDR online without some modder shooting you across the map or somehow cheating the game

1 minute ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Heres hoping R* can control the damn modders this time. Can't even play the normal RDR online without some modder shooting you across the map or somehow cheating the game

GTA V on PS4 isn't modded yet from what I know. It'll have been heavily encrypted with an encryption algorithm that they're unable to crack, the last thing they'd want is people messing up their potential income through shark cards by giving people free money on demand. The PS3 versions of the games are dead so modders have taken over, but I doubt we'll see large scale modding on RDR2. 

6 minutes ago, Sergen said:

GTA V on PS4 isn't modded yet from what I know. It'll have been heavily encrypted with an encryption algorithm that they're unable to crack, the last thing they'd want is people messing up their potential income through shark cards by giving people free money on demand. The PS3 versions of the games are dead so modders have taken over, but I doubt we'll see large scale modding on RDR2. 

theres a few mods I seen on GTA V on PS4 back when I played. Guys being invisible except for a head and "super jumping". Normally those are rare but its prove that the system can be cracked

Do we know if the online will be just a small sample, or full enough of a release to do the trophies?

Will they reset player levels and progress once it goes into full release?

I'm not even done with singleplayer story yet and playing since release at 10/26, this is really short notice of them.

Edited by QQQ_AX

Can't wait for the threads bitching about the inevitable microtransactions. 

12 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

theres a few mods I seen on GTA V on PS4 back when I played. Guys being invisible except for a head and "super jumping". Normally those are rare but its prove that the system can be cracked

Those kind are things were done by DNS codes. I don't think they work anymore. 

Someone leaked the game modes on twitter, if someone can't wait the last hours / days: https://twitter.com/illogicalMods

The modes seem to be:

• Make It Count – A kinda Battle-Royale-Mode, playing with up to 32 players in shrinking areas. Played on maps Strawberry, Stillwater Creek and Tall Trees, and a limited choice of weapons, like knives and bows.
  • Most Wanted – Player with the most kills climbs up in ranks and gets better prices. Playable on maps Saint Denis, Tall Trees, Thieves Landing, Tumble Weeb and Valentine.
  • Name Your Weapon – Free for all with a defined weaponlist. Points depend on your weapon of choice. Some weapons will give more points than others. Played on maps Lanik Electrical, Tall Trees, Heartland Oil Fields, Fort Mercer and Annesburg.
  • Team Shootout  –  Recurring Team-Deathmatch on maps like Saint Denis Docks and Bolger Glade.
  • Races (3 Types) – Point-to-Point Race Maps – Fort Wallace and Bard’s Crossing, Round base from different regions like Saint Denis, and also Open Races, where you have to pass Checkpoints in the order of your choice -  playable on Blackwater, Rhodos, Saint Denis, Tumble Weed and Valentine.

6 hours ago, GenoGi_32 said:

Will we able to get trophies during beta? 

This is just a guess but i wouldnt think you can get the trophies during the beta. Im gonna actually wait until the full online version comes out. Still have some single player stuff left to do

24 minutes ago, XxraymanjrxX said:

This is just a guess but i wouldnt think you can get the trophies during the beta. Im gonna actually wait until the full online version comes out. Still have some single player stuff left to do

I will bet we will; this is no ordinary beta (Smite were years on beta and it was fully platinable).

18 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

no one has cracked the ps4 multiplayer for any game from what I heard...apparently sony did a good job with online encryption this gen...

on topic : no co-op yet = disappointment on my end...

Edited by ProfBambam55

2 hours ago, Yoey_666 said:

Someone leaked the game modes on twitter, if someone can't wait the last hours / days: https://twitter.com/illogicalMods

The modes seem to be:

• Make It Count – A kinda Battle-Royale-Mode, playing with up to 32 players in shrinking areas. Played on maps Strawberry, Stillwater Creek and Tall Trees, and a limited choice of weapons, like knives and bows.
  • Most Wanted – Player with the most kills climbs up in ranks and gets better prices. Playable on maps Saint Denis, Tall Trees, Thieves Landing, Tumble Weeb and Valentine.
  • Name Your Weapon – Free for all with a defined weaponlist. Points depend on your weapon of choice. Some weapons will give more points than others. Played on maps Lanik Electrical, Tall Trees, Heartland Oil Fields, Fort Mercer and Annesburg.
  • Team Shootout  –  Recurring Team-Deathmatch on maps like Saint Denis Docks and Bolger Glade.
  • Races (3 Types) – Point-to-Point Race Maps – Fort Wallace and Bard’s Crossing, Round base from different regions like Saint Denis, and also Open Races, where you have to pass Checkpoints in the order of your choice -  playable on Blackwater, Rhodos, Saint Denis, Tumble Weed and Valentine.

All of this sounds so much fun, I'm wondering if Make it Count will work with Read Dead (thank god it's 32 and not 100 players). Also, Name Your Weapon sounds like a cool twist!

Hoping to see in the future co-op missons or capture the area (the one frok rdr1)

3 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

no one has cracked the ps4 multiplayer for any game from what I heard...apparently sony did a good job with online encryption this gen...

on topic : no co-op yet = disappointment on my end...

I’ve not played it yet, but what I’ve heard is that you can be a posse and do the free roam missions with your posse, that would count as co-op. But it’s not like the other rockstar games where there were specific missions that you could select from a list and do them in co-op.