Another Man’s Treasure

Baker

I’m at the end of the game, finished all chocograph locations bubbles and cracks, collected all key items (did already trade in all stellazio coins), picked up as many treasure chests as I could throughout the game (missed maybe a few) and I’m only rank C. So how is this possible? I played this game many times on PS1 and never had issues getting to rank S. Am I missing something here or do I have to do an entire new playthrough?

Yeah, I did all dead pepper locations, bought all items at the auction, backtracked through every location. I don’t understand it. I think that throughout the whole game I maybe missed around 5 chests. That shouldn’t make a difference. Does anybody know if collecting cards counts? Or maybe win a lot of card games?

I think getting most cards counts and getting most equipment as well.

I was slightly wrong. If the card or equipment is received from an NPC or a treasure chest, it counts. So, for example, when you receive the Meteor or Flare card in Daguerreo, it counts, but would not count if you win it via a Tetra Master battle. Or if you receive the Excalibur in Daguerreo, it counts, but other equipment that you purchase would not. If you've been neglecting talking to NPCs, this is where you might have missed out even if the items aren't key items... and unfortunately most of those kinds are disc-sensitive :(
Loose gil and other items at the (!) search spots also count, which might not have been as noticeable during the game as standard treasure chests.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

Well it seems I screwed myself on this playthrough, I rushed through it too quick I guess. I also somehow missed the Octagon Rod for Vivi so I can’t even learn all abilities. A new playthrough it is! This time I’ll take my time, playing without the boosters. Thanks for the replies.

Edit: The maker of the trophy guide should classify this trophy as missable. 

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

56 minutes ago, Jigsy1 said:

If I remember correctly, hidden treasures as denoted by (!) also boost rankings. And there are a lot of these.

Yeah, you’re right, thanks. I got the trophy already, although I had to do another playthrough for it. Followed a treasure guide this time and got it without even playing chocobo hot ‘n cold. It wasn’t too bad, only took around 8 hours.