Apocalyptic Mode and New Game +?

iJLAW_

I cannot tell you about NG+ but Apolyptic mode is really really hard. Simple mobs can kill you in 2 hits and bosses are a pain. I struggled on some parts during Darksiders 1 & 2 but not as much as in DS III. I heard a dev dropped by during a stream of the game on Hard mode and told the streamer Apocalyptic difficulty was designed for NG+ but I cannot confirm it.

20 minutes ago, Moiledieu said:

I cannot tell you about NG+ but Apolyptic mode is really really hard. Simple mobs can kill you in 2 hits and bosses are a pain. I struggled on some parts during Darksiders 1 & 2 but not as much as in DS III. I heard a dev dropped by during a stream of the game on Hard mode and told the streamer Apocalyptic difficulty was designed for NG+ but I cannot confirm it.

Hmm thank you for the reply. I wonder how long the campaign is?

14 minutes ago, Moiledieu said:

Hard for me to tell. Between my many deaths and me taking my time to explore everything, I wouldn't know. ^^

I will run through it on normal then tonight so I can confirm if there is new game plus then to make it easier. Thank You for the info!

6 minutes ago, iJLAW_ said:

Do either of you know if theres anything missable yet?

I'm not certain of any missables, but the trophy for defeating Lust without defeating someone else seems like it could be missable? Also you can sell your angel/demon artifacts, which are needed for upgrading weapons and I can't find any way to farm them because they don't respawn. So maybe the upgrading trophies become missable if you sell all your artifacts?

The Usiel trophy is missable but you will unlock it naturally as you want the fight to end as fast as possible, especially on Apocalyptic mode. You will focus on Lust on instinct. Concerning the artifacts, you will find them while exploring, mostly by taking path you couldn't cross before because you didn't have the ability required. Note that you can buy them to Vulgrim who seems to refill his stock every time you defeat a boss, except for the first one because the upgrade system was not introduced to you (x3 after each kill).

On 27/11/2018 at 3:05 PM, Moiledieu said:

Umm, if Nightmare is designed for NG+ well, maybe I wil drop the difficoly to a lower  one.

Just want to clarify a few things for Darksiders 3 for some people.

1. there is no new game+ at all, once you finished the game and killed the final boss and watch credits play it will take you back to the title menu where you can either continue your story or start up a new game. (also when you hit continue it loads you back before the final boss fight.) so you just go back collecting and doing all the other activity's you missed when you continue your game.

2.so i started on apocalyptic difficulty and got past the sloth boss fight until i drop the difficulty down to balanced, now apparently there a glitch where you can get apocalyptic trophy by messing with the difficulty, however this did not work for me. so i should've got the normal trophy because i went from Apocalyptic to Balanced but got neither during the final boss fight, (also changing the difficulty on the final boss fight won't do anything.) so if your playing on Apocalyptic best option is to try to finish it on that difficulty until someone can confirm how the glitch works.

3. 2 Missable trophy's  (A Parting Gift,For Whom the Bell Tolls)

I definitely know that (For Whom the Bell Tolls), is missable but is very obvious how to do. and for (A Parting Gift) not 100% sure if it is missable but i wouldn't leave it to chance if you plan on doing 1 playthrough. you will get the trophy close to the end game. also very obvious how to do.

For Whom The Bell Tolls, A Parting Gift,  and Demon Meddler are all missable. Demon Meddler will be earned as part of the A Parting Gift trophy. When you get to Scar, make sure to visit Abraxis and kill him then immediately go and visit Lord of the Hollows and spare him. If you wait to long Abraxis won't be there..

• Like 2

On 27. 11. 2018 at 2:28 PM, iJLAW_ said:

Ive noticed plenty playing already, and even a couple who have platinumed. I wont be playing until later this afternoon but my question is, how hard is apocalyptic difficulty, and is there new game + or not?

Hello, I started my first playthrough on apocalyptic and it is hard like hell... but I like games this way ?. Bosses gives me hard time but crushing them is sweet... after few dozens of attempts ?.

Edited by Yokolobuna

On 29. 11. 2018 at 10:38 AM, JacobCeder said:

first boss took me like 50min on apocalyptic

You mean Envy? She was somehow managable (main reason, It took me some attempts was bit "unsmooth" controls, that you just have to get used to). Averice was pain in the ass tho... some attacks were almost undodgeable ?.

Edited by Yokolobuna

On 29/11/2018 at 7:34 AM, PS_4Trophies said:

For Whom The Bell Tolls, A Parting Gift,  and Demon Meddler are all missable. Demon Meddler will be earned as part of the A Parting Gift trophy. When you get to Scar, make sure to visit Abraxis and kill him then immediately go and visit Lord of the Hollows and spare him. If you wait to long Abraxis won't be there..

I thinks taht this must be done before completing the Scar?