Online trophies easier than Story mode trophies

Eshaal

Greetings!

UK Gamer here, been playing Online since 13:30.

It's pretty good, expect for the idiot players who just fancy shooting you for a laugh! 

I can say however the Online trophies are much easier than Story mode! There's not a lot to it, fairly straight forward. Wads of cash would help speed things up though! Right now I am earning through hunting and selling.

I'm chilling in on-line and already on Level 7. 

Grind would be Level 50 trophy though. 

4 hours ago, MAN3282 said:

There is no point to grind to 50 during beta. R* said they might reset after beta.

Only IF some conditions are met, which are definitely not certain, their best hope is to keep players progress. 

And with the beta not having an end date, its not a bad idea to get all the trophies, it could be several weeks or even months before they end the beta.

15 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

Only IF some conditions are met, which are definitely not certain, their best hope is to keep players progress. 

And with the beta not having an end date, its not a bad idea to get all the trophies, it could be several weeks or even months before they end the beta.

They are considering resetting rank? where was this announced? I haven’t seen anything on it. Kind of makes me want to wait before I play. 

19 hours ago, MAN3282 said:

For me I tink MVP trophy cause I suck at PvP (unless if there is a way to boost it)

30 minutes ago, benny1837 said:

try it with the open horse races and try t be the fastest ;) thats how i did it

That's how I did it too, I learned a good route for the Saint Denis open race and won my last one by over 30 seconds. This trophy will become pay to win in the future, I'm not sure if it can be boosted, maybe in the future when you play free roam and go to the location of the race at the same time as other people in your free roam lobby, then you kick random people. The open horse races are the most fair mode on the game right now because people don't really have insanely fast horses, the actual horse races are probably broken because I died just because someone else crashed into me, then it takes around 10 seconds to respawn which is more than enough time for someone else to just get an unbeatable lead on you. 

Nothing difficult, only some that require grind, or money when micro-transactions go live. Easier than the first one, but yet again, on RDR the hardest trophies came with the DLC [Pa-pa-pa Poker Ace and Kingpin, for example], like R* did with the Doomsday heists in GTA V recently.

MVP is a total joke compared to the first instalment, where you had to be the best multiple times in a row, both solo and in team play.

Getting to level 50 will be a kind of a grind: up until levels 8-9 it's fairly fast, but much less so afterwards. Only 15 atm (but I'm not playing 24/7 ?).

I see @Waraneasy has already got the Non-Regulation trophy, meaning he's already 28 a least (to get the first custom ammo recipe), and I would venture probably more, around 30ish, and online's only been up for two days, so it should be highly feasible before the end of the beta, level reset or not.

Earning enough money "legit" (while playing with a controller rather than with a credit card) will also take a while, and it's needed to upgrade the camp and the stables, as well as buy horses, but if I wasn't paranoid and saving money for a rainy day, I would already have my third horse, so it should come quick to those that really optimise everything. I expect the first platinum(s) to pop around Friday or this week-end.

Edited by KennethMcCormick
typo

4 hours ago, Sergen said:

That's how I did it too, I learned a good route for the Saint Denis open race and won my last one by over 30 seconds. This trophy will become pay to win in the future, I'm not sure if it can be boosted, maybe in the future when you play free roam and go to the location of the race at the same time as other people in your free roam lobby, then you kick random people. The open horse races are the most fair mode on the game right now because people don't really have insanely fast horses, the actual horse races are probably broken because I died just because someone else crashed into me, then it takes around 10 seconds to respawn which is more than enough time for someone else to just get an unbeatable lead on you. 

This is how I did it too - won 2 Open Races in Saint Denis and 1 time in Valentine.

Normal races are glitchy as f. Just somebody being behind me made my horse collapse.

Better get this trophy fast before normal players get better at the game

I just hope that they will make the game more like GTA Online eventually. With friends-only freeroam sessions and private lobbies. Hate to play with random people around that are "having fun" and doing random dumb stuff.

But I will probably hop in for a few hours this weekend, need to get the MVP before everyone got good at the game. It probably will be boostable eventually, but I don't wanna risk.

7 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Where do I find Open Races? I cant seem to find that mode you guys are talking about.

There’s a 50/50 chance of getting it, if you join the race series then you’ll either get a standard point to point race or you’ll get an open race. 

• Like 1

winning horse races is the way to go for MVP trophy, easiest races i found where the point to point races. All the other idiots keep trying to kill each other which leaves you free to sprint ahead grabbing an stamina barrels along the way for your horse and just keep sprinting. Got my 3 MVP's in about an hour.

1 hour ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I've earned MVP 4 or 5 times now between the showdown most wanted mode and team death match, yet I never earned the trophy. There were far more than four players in my lobby, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Maybe I'll give the horse races a try and see if that fixes things.

Complete 10 free roam missions trophy glitched on me too. It popped 3 or 4 missions later even though in-game challenge list said I had over 10 wins.

The thing is missions were buggy too, most of the times Mission log didn't update after the cutscene. I don't know if it was my network connection or the game itself but you have to reset if that happens.

Just one question

Do you guys also think item prices are too high? I mean 450$ for a pistol is just ridiculous.

And some of the best horses and gun upgrades need a ridiculous amount of gold bars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrMike1377 said:

Just one question

Do you guys also think item prices are too high? I mean 450$ for a pistol is just ridiculous.

And some of the best horses and gun upgrades need a ridiculous amount of gold bars.

Definitely, the prices are mental. At least hunting helps earn money reasonably quickly.

34 minutes ago, MrMike1377 said:

Just one question

I'm sure we'll be seeing Buffalo Bucks or whatever RDR2's equivalent of Shark Cards is soon enough.

I really don't think either story or online are all that difficult in terms of trophies...just a lot of grinding...and more grinding...also, the online is in beta...the content is very limited right now...i would expect it to get better as more story missions and content are released...

the most difficult thing I've found so far across the sp and mp was being mvp in showdowns...no trophy related to that specifically though...some people might find earning 70 gold medals difficult due to their requirements but practice if needed should lead to successful completion...the mission patterns are predictable making it easier to complete all the objective requirements...

the rest is all pretty straightforward...patience definitely required though as it's all just so time consuming...i think the average gamer's skill could handle earning the platinum...no complex timing or button patterns, cheap relentless ai, or no-death or speed runs...

On 11/29/2018 at 1:45 AM, frankenteen said:

They are considering resetting rank? where was this announced? I haven’t seen anything on it. Kind of makes me want to wait before I play. 

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60717/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Launch

• We hope that all player progress during this early period of the Beta will be able to remain intact long term, however as with many betas for large scale online experiences such as this, there is always the chance that we may need to implement rank or other stat resets in case of issues.