YOU DONT HAVE TO PLAY APOCALYPTIC

iJLAW_

I just got word from two different people that they started their games on normal, changed the difficulty to easy mid game/back to normal as they pleased, then when they completed the game, popped all the trophies including apocalyptic mode without ever putting it on that difficulty. 

On top of that, it adds to your total stats between save files. Although there is no new game plus, if you play the through the game once and only save 4 humans, or collect only 2 fragments, you can start a new game to save one more human to pop the trophy for saving 5. etc.. 

Edited by iJLAW_
  • Like 3

Mind you, I didn't do this on the current 1.03 patch although I can't possibly imagine that it changed anything. The most recent patch only removed HDR because that was causing visual bugs on the Pro.  I also did it on a second save file (The first experienced a game breaking bug). There's a lot of variables in play and until more people simply verify it works. I can't even say that switching the difficulty had any part in it. I only switched to story mode if I just wanted to get somewhere quickly or search for collectibles and then switched it back to balance difficulty. 

As for collectibles, I managed to find 2 Chunks of Adamantine so the third one for the trophy was on a second save file. I would really like to know where the 3rd is and I'll make a video guide so if anyone finds it, I'd like to know. The only item in the entire game that I can't figure out how to reach is the one in the screenshot below in the Depths. Of course, there's a chance I haven't discovered a secret cave someplace else. Currently found one in Bonelands and Scar

chunk.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PS_4Trophies said:

The most recent patch only removed HDR 

Apparently it also removed the german localisation of the game ? Dont know about other languages like france or spain, but they might have been removed too.

Im wondering how this was even possible. I mean, accidently removing all these voice and text datafiles ? I hope they will deliver a hotfix for this

8 minutes ago, PS_4Trophies said:

Mind you, I didn't do this on the current 1.03 patch although I can't possibly imagine that it changed anything. The most recent patch only removed HDR because that was causing visual bugs on the Pro.  I also did it on a second save file (The first experienced a game breaking bug). There's a lot of variables in play and until more people simply verify it works. I can't even say that switching the difficulty had any part in it. I only switched to story mode if I just wanted to get somewhere quickly or search for collectibles and then switched it back to balance difficulty. 

As for collectibles, I managed to find 2 Chunks of Adamantine so the third one for the trophy was on a second save file. I would really like to know where the 3rd is and I'll make a video guide so if anyone finds it, I'd like to know. The only item in the entire game that I can't figure out how to reach is the one in the screenshot below in the Depths. Of course, there's a chance I haven't discovered a secret cave someplace else. Currently found one in Bonelands and Scar

chunk.jpg

It looks like everyone who beat it on normal, also got the harder difficulty trophy. Anyone who beat the game on story, just got that trophy. So maybe it does have nothing to do with changing difficulty 

I've been playing on Apocalyptic and I'm just not finding the bosses fun on it. The mobs? Definitely quite challenging, but also satisfying when you finally finish them. The bosses are just way too tanky though. I'll try and power through it though because I'd hate to lower it to balanced and then have a patch release that fixes the trophy and makes all my progress on Apocalyptic useless because I lowered it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I've been playing on Apocalyptic and I'm just not finding the bosses fun on it. The mobs? Definitely quite challenging, but also satisfying when you finally finish them. The bosses are just way too tanky though. I'll try and power through it though because I'd hate to lower it to balanced and then have a patch release that fixes the trophy and makes all my progress on Apocalyptic useless because I lowered it.

Much respect haha. Im starting a speedrun on normal tonight to test this glitch. Worst case scenario, I got another playthrough ahead of me.

For the sake of my trophy guide, I will probably have to play on apocalyptic regardless for tips and strategies 

Edited by iJLAW_

14 minutes ago, PS_4Trophies said:

chunk.jpg

6 minutes ago, iJLAW_ said:

It looks like everyone who beat it on normal, also got the harder difficulty trophy. Anyone who beat the game on story, just got that trophy. So maybe it does have nothing to do with changing difficulty 

Difficulty variables wouldnt have that many variables

All the trigger looks for at the end is what difficulty the game is on it seems here

Either switching difficulty somehow fools the game into flicking the trophy tracker to say apocalyptic. Or switching in a certain way bugs it. Or its just bugged in general. Or normal flicks the apocalyptic switch as u say.

All someone needs to is get to end of the game and play about with the difficulty selection

Only variable is difficulty selection, just need to know the correct sequence

1 minute ago, optimusmart said:

Difficulty variables wouldnt have that many variables

All the trigger looks for at the end is what difficulty the game is on it seems here

Either switching difficulty somehow fools the game into flicking the trophy tracker to say apocalyptic. Or switching in a certain way bugs it. Or its just bugged in general. Or normal flicks the apocalyptic switch as u say.

All someone needs to is get to end of the game and play about with the difficulty selection

Only variable is difficulty selection, just need to know the correct sequence

If this is the case, id imagine simply switching the difficulty to apocalyptic at the end would pop the trophy. I will test tonight 

3 minutes ago, iJLAW_ said:

Much respect haha. Im starting a speedrun on normal tonight to test this glitch. Worst case scenario, I got another playthrough ahead of me.

For the sake of my trophy guide, I will probably have to play on apocalyptic regardless for tips and strategies 

At the end, make a backup and test the easy difficulty first.

If normal is the key, then u wont know if easy works. But if u do easy first and it doesnt work then we will know ;)

Is ir just starting on appcalyptic and then dropping it?

That would make more sense, the game stays as identified as apocalyptic in regards to the trophy tracker

This is going to end up like UC4 difficulty trophies, good for disc owners, bad for digitals

COWABUNGA ;)!

Edited by optimusmart

4 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Is ir just starting on appcalyptic and then dropping it?

That would make more sense, the game stays as identified as apocalyptic in regards to the trophy tracker

This is going to end up like UC4 difficulty trophies, good for disc owners, bad for digitals

I bought it digitally, but luckily have a family video right next to me I rented the disc from

It might not get patched at all. How much do they care about trophies? I can only assume they don't even know about it yet. All I can confirm is that I never touch apocalyptic. Started on Balanced, switch to Story here and there and finished on Balanced. Could very well that all you need to do is play on Balanced. 

6 minutes ago, PS_4Trophies said:

It might not get patched at all. How much do they care about trophies? I can only assume they don't even know about it yet. All I can confirm is that I never touch apocalyptic. Started on Balanced, switch to Story here and there and finished on Balanced. Could very well that all you need to do is play on Balanced. 

Well they never even addressed the Darksiders II trophy issue on PS3 so I doubt they care too much, but maybe because Darksiders III is a new game (and still has 2 upcoming DLCs too), they'll care enough to patch it, whereas Darksiders II was old by the time it broke.

Just now, Quink666 said:

So you can start a game on easy then switch to apocalyptic and then back to easy and still get apocalyptic trophy?

We dont know. Brian got the trophy without ever even touching apocalyptic. He finished the game on normal, as well as my other mate who has the trophy

Just now, madbuk said:

Well they never even addressed the Darksiders II trophy issue on PS3 so I doubt they care too much, but maybe because Darksiders III is a new game (and still has 2 upcoming DLCs too), they'll care enough to patch it, whereas Darksiders II was old by the time it broke.

I was gonna say this, well whatever happens, disc owners can always use it when we figure it out.

9 minutes ago, PS_4Trophies said:

At first that would seem the logical bug, but thanks for confirming thats not the cause

Seems a even lazier cause. How could they leave in such a coding error where the trophy tracker views a lower difficulty as the highest..

Its funny, but good for us ;)

3 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

So you can start a game on easy then switch to apocalyptic and then back to easy and still get apocalyptic trophy?

Ps4 trophies just confirmed its not related to that oddly

Its related to a lowee difficulty or simply altering difficulties in game it seems.

Give it a few days and the community will have it nailed and confirmed, probably sooner

4 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

I was gonna say this, well whatever happens, disc owners can always use it when we figure it out.

At first that would seem the logical bug, but thanks for confirming thats not the cause

Seems a even lazier cause. How could they leave in such a coding error where the trophy tracker views a lower difficulty as the highest..

Its funny, but good for us ;)

Ps4 trophies just confirmed its not related to that oddly

Its related to a lowee difficulty or simply altering difficulties in game it seems.

Give it a few days and the community will have it nailed and confirmed, probably sooner

KK, ill start on balanced and kill first boss then ill switch to story until end of game then i go back to balanced again. Will power through this tonight so will be done tomorrow sometime to confirm. Im still on 1.02 and won't update to 1.03. Hopefully i dont encounter any more gaem breaking glitches forcing me to restart the game from the begining again.

4 hours ago, PS_4Trophies said:

chunk.jpg

I sent you a tweet about that place. I hope it will help you (if you hadn't figured it out already ^^). Sorry for the quality of the run, I didn't expect to stumble into that specific location. :)

Edited by Moiledieu