YOU DONT HAVE TO PLAY APOCALYPTIC

iJLAW_

1 hour ago, Gizmo_Monkey said:

How do you stop it from updating using a disc version? I don’t get how people are doing this without auto updating unless they disconnect from internet completely? But then the PS4 is just a brick. Is there any other way? Also if I accidently updated will my old 1.0 save work if it changed to 1.03 with update and I uninstalled the game and went back to 1.00?

Setting > System > Automatic Downloads  then unmark Featured Content and Application Update Files. The game will always try to update when you start the game. Disabling these setting will only make it so that the PS4 doesnt auto update on start up of console. After you started the game and the patch is beeing downloaded simply go to Notification press Options button go to downloads then mark the download and press :cross: and choose cancel. Now you can play without worrying about the update. But every time you start the game it will still start the download.

21 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

So tl dr don't update the game until you have apocalyptic trophy unlocked. Also, how bad is base version?

I only played it on 1.02 and that version was horrible. Ludicrous loadings in battle and platforming sections killing you in the process. Game breaking bugs forcing you to start the game from scratch since there are no backup autosaves. Audio issues and poor performance in certain areas. Underneath all this is a good game though. From what im hearing the base version is slightly worse with a few more game breaking issues.

8 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I only played it on 1.02 and that version was horrible. Ludicrous loadings in battle and platforming sections killing you in the process. Game breaking bugs forcing you to start the game from scratch since there are no backup autosaves. Audio issues and poor performance in certain areas. Underneath all this is a good game though. From what im hearing the base version is slightly worse with a few more game breaking issues.

yeee, how bad were the crashes. I know when I was playing Darksiders 2 on the Ps4, the game would crash like every 15 minutes during combat (It happened after I created a high crit build)

9 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

yeee, how bad were the crashes. I know when I was playing Darksiders 2 on the Ps4, the game would crash like every 15 minutes during combat (It happened after I created a high crit build)

On my playthrough i had somewhere around 20 crashes and one game breaking bug. The Game breaking bug was only 90 minutes into the game, thank god. Some crashes were right after bosses and you don't get a checkpoint for killing some of them so you have to redo it again. Crashed on multiple occasions when entering a certain portal in the game. ALL my PS4 sound went away 3 times. Not only game sound, all sound/music even on the XMB.

But i know of people who only had a handful of crashes, so it varies console to console.

Edited by Quink666

4 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

is your PS4 ok?

Played other games totally fine without any crashes whatsoever. RDR2, Spyro, AC Odyssey, DBD, Nioh, Spiderman and many other. Its a 2014 PS4 but i have not had any problem with it whatsoever. 

Other people in this thread also had the audio issue in Darksiders 3.

Edited by Quink666

4 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Played other games totally fine without any crashes whatsoever. RDR2, Spyro, AC Odyssey, DBD, Nioh, Spiderman and many other. Its a 2014 PS4 but i have not had any problem with it whatsoever. 

Other people in this thread also had the audio issue in Darksiders 3.

that's good. I'm debating wether running the game with patches and getting the trophy without the glitch or suffer in V1.00 for the trophy

Haven't bought the game, might pick it up over holiday sales

Just now, wackt1 said:

that's good. I'm debating wether running the game with patches and getting the trophy without the glitch or suffer in V1.00 for the trophy

From what i understand they are relasing NG+ in the near future. So that is always an option. I can be frustrating at times with the crashes. But you might also have a smooth ride if you are lucky. Start the game on 1.0 and if it perform really bad just update and get Apocalyptic in NG+ when it releases.

Just now, Quink666 said:

From what i understand they are relasing NG+ in the near future. So that is always an option. I can be frustrating at times with the crashes. But you might also have a smooth ride if you are lucky. Start the game on 1.0 and if it perform really bad just update and get Apocalyptic in NG+ when it releases.

Ya, i'm picking up the game up at a later date, bought several games over break plus I need to get through SOMA and through some DLC on another game i've been playing

patch 1.00

i backed up my save at final boss

killed boss at normal and the trophy for normal didnt unlock

restored save killed on apocalypt and got the apocalypt trophy..

so whats wrong with the normal trophy? :(

i must do a new playthrough for it?

edit:

patched game to 1.04 and killed boss again and trophy poped ?

Edited by Hakoom
  • Like 1

So

1. Start playthrough on NORMAL, version 1.0

2. Play up until final boss

3. Make a backup save

4. Switch to apocalyptic difficulty, kill boss and get APO trophy

5. Download patch 1.04 and kill boss on normal for NORMAL trophy

Correct? No other difficulty switchings?

6 hours ago, Hakoom said:

patch 1.00

i backed up my save at final boss

killed boss at normal and the trophy for normal didnt unlock

restored save killed on apocalypt and got the apocalypt trophy..

so whats wrong with the normal trophy? :(

i must do a new playthrough for it?

edit:

patched game to 1.04 and killed boss again and trophy poped 1f44d.png

4 hours ago, Quink666 said:

You can't use 1.04 save with 1.00 version of the game im told. Play the game on 1.0, change to apo before final hit on envy.

Right?

@Erkawest I just did the glitch just now. All I did was play on Easy up until the final fight and right before the killing blow I switched to Apocalyptic and got credit for beating the whole game on that difficulty. It only works on 1.00 which I was using. 

I used the Pride Skip trick and that saved me a few hours from doing another playthrough (a third one lol)