iJLAW_

4 hours ago, Erkawest said:

So

1. Start playthrough on NORMAL, version 1.0

2. Play up until final boss

3. Make a backup save

4. Switch to apocalyptic difficulty, kill boss and get APO trophy

5. Download patch 1.04 and kill boss on normal for NORMAL trophy

Correct? No other difficulty switchings?

Right?

thats what i did but maybe for you the normal trophy pops on 1.0 and for me it glitched...

On 5/12/2018 at 8:45 PM, Dematchulated said:

So I finished the game just now and was able to get the trophy for apocalyptic. I then updated the game and downloaded my save from the cloud and beat it on balanced and got that trophy too. 

1.0 is a mess. 

So, if I erase the update and I will done again the final boss I will get the trophy for apoicalyptic?

3 hours ago, FlareZero said:

So, if I erase the update and I will done again the final boss I will get the trophy for apoicalyptic?

As far as I know saves aren't backward compatible. I had to restart the game after downgrading. 

I tried to load a save from a later version and the game wouldn't let me. 

Honestly with the patch and improvements on dodge times added in, the game on Apoc. is basically what it used to be on Easy/Story when the game first came out. 

First go I started on Apoc on launch day, and kept moving, though I really struggled in a lot of places, as did a lot of other people. I finally said 'screw it', put it on Story mode, and beat the game - and some bosses even on Story were pretty brutal, prior to the patch.

Without power leveling yet, I beat both Envy & Wrath 1st time on the 'new' Apoc. without any trouble at all, mobs, while still very aggressive, weren't nearly as irksome as they were previously and I died far, far less than I did first time playing the game - even on Easy/Story.

Prior to Sloth, I probably did a grind for 10-15 levels at the spawn point/Vulgrim station where you spawn for Wrath, killing the 2 bugs there, going into the adjacent room and letting the one stalker-like-mob 'howl' for friends, killed all but one, died, and repeat. About an hour or so. And just used all my lurcher crystals evrerytime I got to Vulgrim.

Balanced Juggernaut became my primary Enchancement, along with Balanced Fortifier in my preferred fighting Hollow Form, and Balanced Obscurus in Salvation for the passive increased dodge time.

The only bosses I died to this time around were Sloth twice, and that was due to bad footwork/getting stuck on my part, Greed 4 or 5 times, and Pride about a half-dozen. That beam she puts out halfway through the fight does about 3/4 of your bar at 700 health. It's NASTY. I only died once to final boss.

So, summation? It's really not worth the time to try and do all the stuff to make the 'glitch' work. They worked fast, and quickly to balance the game out, still provide a challenge, but made it far, far more enjoyable and closer to what the difficulty ranges were for the first 2 games with 1.04.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dematchulated said:

As far as I know saves aren't backward compatible. I had to restart the game after downgrading. 

I tried to load a save from a later version and the game wouldn't let me. 

Oh, thansk, oh well I think I will wait for the NG+ to be relased.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 3 bosses in on Apocalyptic and it's honestly not necessary to exploit it. If you prepare properly, explore fully, spend points in the right way and practice dodge-counters, it's really do-able. If you play this like a Dark Souls game, it's much easier. It's also far more forgiving in comparison.

Im also playing on Apocalyptic and i do not see the need to exploit/cheat. I am just about to fight lust and haven't died that much the game seams quite forgiving if you take the time to use dodge-counters . Given that they have tried to make the game more like dark souls its so much easier if you try play it that way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pl0000pl said:

Just gave this a go, backed up save removed the game of my hard drive went and installed the game, tried to load up my save and it said “update the game” 

yeah, saves are not backwards compatible. your game save needs to be a 1.00 game save otherwise this wont work. game saves from 1.04 will not work with the 1.00 build of the game.

this is standard for most, if not all games unfortunately. if you update your game, then update your save to that new build of the game, that save will no longer work with older builds.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

yeah, saves are not backwards compatible. your game save needs to be a 1.00 game save otherwise this wont work. game saves from 1.04 will not work with the 1.00 build of the game.

this is standard for most, if not all games unfortunately, if you update your game, then update your save to that new build of the game, that save will no longer work with older builds.

Ah okay thanks for that Information, looks like it’s another playthough then ?

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, TrophyHunter9971 said:

Does killing the final boss in havok mode count for the 666 havok kills trophy also does the switching difficulty only affect the difficulty trophies 

No idea if bosses count for havoc kills. No need to pop the trophy on final boss.... Just kill normal enemies since it is 2354897 times faster.

Switching difficulty changes difficulty and nothing else.

Everything i carried over the 3 different save slots. Kills, upgrades, artifacts etc etc.

So you can upgrade 3 enhancements on save slot 1 and 2 enhancements on save slot 2 and still get the trophy.

• 1 month later...

I'm probably going to have to put it on the easiest difficulty just to get through this game. I've already rage quit a few times now, and I'm just not having fun getting my ass kicked and being frustrated the whole time. I tried it on Apocalyptic- BIG MISTAKE. So I started over on balanced difficulty, I got a little further, but I'm stuck again. Maybe I can't hack it anymore with these types of games. I just don't like being frustrated. Sure, Darksiders 1 & 2 I beat, and they had their moments of irritation, but I powered through it. I don't know.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 10:01 PM, jackmadrox said:

I'm probably going to have to put it on the easiest difficulty just to get through this game. I've already rage quit a few times now, and I'm just not having fun getting my ass kicked and being frustrated the whole time. I tried it on Apocalyptic- BIG MISTAKE. So I started over on balanced difficulty, I got a little further, but I'm stuck again. Maybe I can't hack it anymore with these types of games. I just don't like being frustrated. Sure, Darksiders 1 & 2 I beat, and they had their moments of irritation, but I powered through it. I don't know.

Screw it. I'm beating Darksiders 3.

• 3 months later...

Vanilla disc.. play it on easy.. play up to the final boss.. back up your save.. switch to Apoc right before swinging the death blow to the last boss = Death Incarnate?

Download backup save.. then what? How do you get the other two difficulty-related trophies? Switch to Normal (Balanced) difficulty before killing the boss? 

3 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I've read everywhere that Apo difficulty is still a motherfucker from hell and beyond.

I dunno, I played on Apocalyptic and found it rather easy, though of course you need to play carefully and not just mash buttons when in combat. 

In any case, provided that you want to 100% this game and not just get the plat, you could play on an easier difficulty first and then do Apocalyptic in NG+. You'll need to get to lv. 100 for one of the DLC trophies, which in my case, after the initial Apocalyptic playthrough, I still needed to speedrun to about halfway through NG++.