Final Form

YOU DONT HAVE TO PLAY APOCALYPTIC

144 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Vanilla disc.. play it on easy.. play up to the final boss.. back up your save.. switch to Apoc right before swinging the death blow to the last boss = Death Incarnate?

 

Download backup save.. then what? How do you get the other two difficulty-related trophies? Switch to Normal (Balanced) difficulty before killing the boss? 

So um.. anyone?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no sure I understand the question, but I believe I might. I imagine if you beat the game on a given level of difficulty, you get all trophies of lesser difficulty related to game completion. That's how several games work.

I'm on my first play through running Apoc. (It hurts us, precious.) If I ever finish the damn thing, I'll loop back with any further information.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so i was playing on easy and before killing the final boss i switched to normal and the trophy for Apoc unlocked.

And now i don't know how to unlock the balanced trophy. I don't want to replay the game...

Edit: okay so i downloaded the latest update (1.10 as of now) killed the boss and unlocked the balanced trophy.

Just make sure that your difficulty is on normal before you download the updates.

Hope this helps.

Edited by XXIIlII
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so it sounds like this still works?  is there anything i have to do besides just playing on normal?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Does this work on digital or no?

 

LOL. Digital means UP-TO-DATE patches. If you're gonna do that, it needs the disk and without downloading any patches.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gryfter said:

 

LOL. Digital means UP-TO-DATE patches. If you're gonna do that, it needs the disk and without downloading any patches.

Thx

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gryfter said:

 

LOL. Digital means UP-TO-DATE patches. If you're gonna do that, it needs the disk and without downloading any patches.

 

11 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Thx

 

There is a known method to download digital games at lower patches:

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesús people, just do everything on normal and then NG+ Apocalyptic.  Enemies hit like a truck but it's honestly not that bad. 

 

 

 

Hope the season pass goes on sale soon, so I can 100% this. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Jesús people, just do everything on normal and then NG+ Apocalyptic.  Enemies hit like a truck but it's honestly not that bad. 

 

 

 

Hope the season pass goes on sale soon, so I can 100% this. 

 

So is NG+ a free update? I need to play Darksiders 2 before I do this but I will be all over this at some point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freddie1989 said:

 

So is NG+ a free update? I need to play Darksiders 2 before I do this but I will be all over this at some point.

 

Yup

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could also use the duplication glitch, which still works on Version 1.10. This one makes the most parts of the game easy (without the "swamp" after the church until Lust, the enemies scale with you, noticed that even on balanced difficulty).

 

Also it makes the Upgrade Trophies much easier.

Edited by xXK-oZXx
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if I can change from apocalyptic to easier difficulty for last boss of keepers of the void trying to get abyssal armor before finishing main story. playing digital version btw. Also wondering if I can do this for the crucible or do I have to complete story and go back to dlc?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, djchayan said:

I was wondering if I can change from apocalyptic to easier difficulty for last boss of keepers of the void trying to get abyssal armor before finishing main story. playing digital version btw. Also wondering if I can do this for the crucible or do I have to complete story and go back to dlc?

 

If at any point before finishing NG you switch down the difficulty from Apocalyptic, you won't get the trophy. But if you are going for 100% you'll need to do NG+ anyways, so I would suggest to do that one on easy and do the DLC there. 

 

Or, you know.. back up your save, finish the game, reload the save and switch the difficulty to easy... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

 

If at any point before finishing NG you switch down the difficulty from Apocalyptic, you won't get the trophy. But if you are going for 100% you'll need to do NG+ anyways, so I would suggest to do that one on easy and do the DLC there. 

 

Or, you know.. back up your save, finish the game, reload the save and switch the difficulty to easy... 

So that's a no then...dammit took me 2 days to kill the force guardian his timing was off threw me off a lot and had crazy reach also kinda playing not paying much attention. I guess I'll take my time with this one learn his pattern and beat him.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm like 7-8 hours in the game but lost interest on apocalyptic on the first run.

 

Short question as I can't remember: Is it possible to lower the difficulty midgame? I guess it would be more fun for me to finish the game on normal and go for the plat in NG+ but starting a completely new game would be a bummer.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Silencer0004 said:

I'm like 7-8 hours in the game but lost interest on apocalyptic on the first run.

 

Short question as I can't remember: Is it possible to lower the difficulty midgame? I guess it would be more fun for me to finish the game on normal and go for the plat in NG+ but starting a completely new game would be a bummer.

 

Lowering the difficulty mid-game is definitely possible. When NG+ was introduced, it was initially not possible to do the Apocalyptic playthrough on NG+, since it would start the game with the difficulty setting from NG. 

 

It is now possible, however. You could lower the difficulty for NG, do all the DLC there (I would recommend doing that), and then start NG+ on Apocalyptic. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

 

Lowering the difficulty mid-game is definitely possible. When NG+ was introduced, it was initially not possible to do the Apocalyptic playthrough on NG+, since it would start the game with the difficulty setting from NG. 

 

It is now possible, however. You could lower the difficulty for NG, do all the DLC there (I would recommend doing that), and then start NG+ on Apocalyptic. 

 

Perfect, thanks for clarification. Guess I'll lower the difficulty for the first playthrough and all the other trophies and go for apocalyptic in NG+.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.