YOU DONT HAVE TO PLAY APOCALYPTIC

iJLAW_

2 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Vanilla disc.. play it on easy.. play up to the final boss.. back up your save.. switch to Apoc right before swinging the death blow to the last boss = Death Incarnate?

Download backup save.. then what? How do you get the other two difficulty-related trophies? Switch to Normal (Balanced) difficulty before killing the boss? 

So um.. anyone?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm no sure I understand the question, but I believe I might. I imagine if you beat the game on a given level of difficulty, you get all trophies of lesser difficulty related to game completion. That's how several games work.

I'm on my first play through running Apoc. (It hurts us, precious.) If I ever finish the damn thing, I'll loop back with any further information.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so i was playing on easy and before killing the final boss i switched to normal and the trophy for Apoc unlocked.

And now i don't know how to unlock the balanced trophy. I don't want to replay the game...

Edit: okay so i downloaded the latest update (1.10 as of now) killed the boss and unlocked the balanced trophy.

Just make sure that your difficulty is on normal before you download the updates.

Hope this helps.

Edited by XXIIlII
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gryfter said:

LOL. Digital means UP-TO-DATE patches. If you're gonna do that, it needs the disk and without downloading any patches.

11 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Thx

There is a known method to download digital games at lower patches:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Jesús people, just do everything on normal and then NG+ Apocalyptic.  Enemies hit like a truck but it's honestly not that bad. 

Hope the season pass goes on sale soon, so I can 100% this. 

So is NG+ a free update? I need to play Darksiders 2 before I do this but I will be all over this at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

You could also use the duplication glitch, which still works on Version 1.10. This one makes the most parts of the game easy (without the "swamp" after the church until Lust, the enemies scale with you, noticed that even on balanced difficulty).

Also it makes the Upgrade Trophies much easier.

Edited by xXK-oZXx

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if I can change from apocalyptic to easier difficulty for last boss of keepers of the void trying to get abyssal armor before finishing main story. playing digital version btw. Also wondering if I can do this for the crucible or do I have to complete story and go back to dlc?

9 minutes ago, djchayan said:

I was wondering if I can change from apocalyptic to easier difficulty for last boss of keepers of the void trying to get abyssal armor before finishing main story. playing digital version btw. Also wondering if I can do this for the crucible or do I have to complete story and go back to dlc?

If at any point before finishing NG you switch down the difficulty from Apocalyptic, you won't get the trophy. But if you are going for 100% you'll need to do NG+ anyways, so I would suggest to do that one on easy and do the DLC there. 

Or, you know.. back up your save, finish the game, reload the save and switch the difficulty to easy... 

2 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

If at any point before finishing NG you switch down the difficulty from Apocalyptic, you won't get the trophy. But if you are going for 100% you'll need to do NG+ anyways, so I would suggest to do that one on easy and do the DLC there. 

Or, you know.. back up your save, finish the game, reload the save and switch the difficulty to easy... 

So that's a no then...dammit took me 2 days to kill the force guardian his timing was off threw me off a lot and had crazy reach also kinda playing not paying much attention. I guess I'll take my time with this one learn his pattern and beat him.

I'm like 7-8 hours in the game but lost interest on apocalyptic on the first run.

Short question as I can't remember: Is it possible to lower the difficulty midgame? I guess it would be more fun for me to finish the game on normal and go for the plat in NG+ but starting a completely new game would be a bummer.

9 minutes ago, Silencer0004 said:

I'm like 7-8 hours in the game but lost interest on apocalyptic on the first run.

Short question as I can't remember: Is it possible to lower the difficulty midgame? I guess it would be more fun for me to finish the game on normal and go for the plat in NG+ but starting a completely new game would be a bummer.

Lowering the difficulty mid-game is definitely possible. When NG+ was introduced, it was initially not possible to do the Apocalyptic playthrough on NG+, since it would start the game with the difficulty setting from NG. 

It is now possible, however. You could lower the difficulty for NG, do all the DLC there (I would recommend doing that), and then start NG+ on Apocalyptic. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Lowering the difficulty mid-game is definitely possible. When NG+ was introduced, it was initially not possible to do the Apocalyptic playthrough on NG+, since it would start the game with the difficulty setting from NG. 

It is now possible, however. You could lower the difficulty for NG, do all the DLC there (I would recommend doing that), and then start NG+ on Apocalyptic. 

Perfect, thanks for clarification. Guess I'll lower the difficulty for the first playthrough and all the other trophies and go for apocalyptic in NG+.

• 9 months later...

Before doing this, please keep in mind that ONLY the :gold: Death Incarnate and :silver: Protector of Humanity trophies will be unlocked under the 1.00 exploit. To get :silver: Path of the Horseman, you have to play the game on a current patch to get it.

SOURCE: https://www.powerpyx.com/darksiders-3-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Edited by test-dummy-99
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

So is it better to buy the disc version?

Last week they had the DLC on sale but not the main game. This deluxe version and trilogy set is on sale for less than £14 but I bought the DLC season pass last week. Sneaky gits! So at this point would I be better off just trying to get the disc version, doing the exploits for the game and then download the dlc and update the disc to play NG+ or won't that work? Is level 100 easy to exploit with the disc version?

I wouldn't normally ask for this stuff, but the Darksider devs get worse and worse with each game for unnecessary grinding. Currently trying to get to level 30 on D2 and its just tedious man, not mention pointless. They should have allowed deathinitive mode to break the level cap or something. I dunno. Just tired of the grinding which wrecks otherwise awesome games.  

• Like 1