100% Trophy Video

greenzsaber

• 5 months later...

how difficult would you say it is @greenzsaber, i've been hoping for a long time that someone would come up with a written trophy guide for the game, i have came across your video multiple times and seen in your video description that things were missing that you didn't get during the video or something of another. 

i have seen posts where people were really confused on how to get certain things in the game, i think the game being a metrodvania would require some sort of walkthrough of a sort, but the game is really niche and there is not a lot of info. out there on this unfortunately.

also i fall under the category where i find written guides more easier to deal with when going through games and only using videos for parts of games that need a visual demonstration, never been good with following a video guide for an entire game lol.

thank you for your response, was looking for your opinion.(keeping the hope up that a trophy guide pops out of the wild someday lol!)

On 5/27/2019 at 6:55 PM, RJP_X said:

how difficult would you say it is @greenzsaber, i've been hoping for a long time that someone would come up with a written trophy guide for the game, i have came across your video multiple times and seen in your video description that things were missing that you didn't get during the video or something of another. 

i have seen posts where people were really confused on how to get certain things in the game, i think the game being a metrodvania would require some sort of walkthrough of a sort, but the game is really niche and there is not a lot of info. out there on this unfortunately.

also i fall under the category where i find written guides more easier to deal with when going through games and only using videos for parts of games that need a visual demonstration, never been good with following a video guide for an entire game lol.

thank you for your response, was looking for your opinion.(keeping the hope up that a trophy guide pops out of the wild someday lol!)

I just missed a non-missable photo and filling out a map section the first time through and had to go back and get them after beating the game. It's not perfect, but every trophy is acquired in the video, using the minimum number of playthroughs.

This is a short and easy game, and if you follow the video from start to finish, you can platinum it under a day. The only thing that might be tricky are the many,missable photos, of which I get all of them in the video the first time, and some of the boss no damage trophies, which are all doable with enough practice. 

I unfortunately have no desire to work on a written guide, as it would be too much work on my part for very little gain. A video guide for a game this short works best, IMO, as you can just see where to go and check what actions you must do to not miss anything. Either way, you will have to do a speedrun to platinum the game, and a written guide would have trouble spelling out exactly where to go and what to do. I suggest just starting this game instead of waiting, you'll probably get the plat long before someone ever decides to work on a written guide.

• Like 3

On 5/29/2019 at 7:45 PM, greenzsaber said:

I just missed a non-missable photo and filling out a map section the first time through and had to go back and get them after beating the game. It's not perfect, but every trophy is acquired in the video, using the minimum number of playthroughs.

This is a short and easy game, and if you follow the video from start to finish, you can platinum it under a day. The only thing that might be tricky are the many,missable photos, of which I get all of them in the video the first time, and some of the boss no damage trophies, which are all doable with enough practice. 

I unfortunately have no desire to work on a written guide, as it would be too much work on my part for very little gain. A video guide for a game this short works best, IMO, as you can just see where to go and check what actions you must do to not miss anything. Either way, you will have to do a speedrun to platinum the game, and a written guide would have trouble spelling out exactly where to go and what to do. I suggest just starting this game instead of waiting, you'll probably get the plat long before someone ever decides to work on a written guide.

thanks a bunch, hearing feed back such as this makes me more motivated and optimistic about it, i honestly wasn't sure what to expect out of it lol.

i also wanted to ask you what you thought of the disgaea games difficulty wise, i have never played a game in the series and haven't delved to much into SRPG's as i have with other genre's of JRPG's. i'm thinking of 3 and 4 on the vita in particular, last i checked on the statistics from this site they have somewhere around over 10,000 recorded owners with a little over 200 or under 200 platinum achievers. i am not sure if that is based out of difficulty or the time spent grinding. like SAO hollow fragment is around the same rarity as these games, but there wasn't anything particularly difficult about it besides time spent and missables. well also i know disgaea 4 on vita has a different trophy list from the PS3 version and no trophy guide for the vita version so wasn't sure if the PS3 guides can mostly be used.

but anyways thank you very much. 

On 5/30/2019 at 10:17 PM, RJP_X said:

thanks a bunch, hearing feed back such as this makes me more motivated and optimistic about it, i honestly wasn't sure what to expect out of it lol.

i also wanted to ask you what you thought of the disgaea games difficulty wise, i have never played a game in the series and haven't delved to much into SRPG's as i have with other genre's of JRPG's. i'm thinking of 3 and 4 on the vita in particular, last i checked on the statistics from this site they have somewhere around over 10,000 recorded owners with a little over 200 or under 200 platinum achievers. i am not sure if that is based out of difficulty or the time spent grinding. like SAO hollow fragment is around the same rarity as these games, but there wasn't anything particularly difficult about it besides time spent and missables. well also i know disgaea 4 on vita has a different trophy list from the PS3 version and no trophy guide for the vita version so wasn't sure if the PS3 guides can mostly be used.

but anyways thank you very much. 

The games have a high initial learning curve due to the many, many, mechanics and systems available, but they are very fun once you learn the ins and outs of them. They are also not that long to platinum if you do the tricks to get overpowered quickly, of which there are many.

• 4 weeks later...

great video and thanks for it. i got all the trophies in a night except for the time trial within an hour one...

i have been having a huge struggle with this that it makes me regret playing this. been thinking of throwing in the towel but the one thing that is making me not do so is having a memory of what to do to get to the end. but quite often i make costly mistakes, sometimes the RNG on the 2nd boss isn't as friendly. certain enemies like the water town ones, and especially the final bosses screw me up. on the 2nd to last fight i screw up on that one a ton, and the final boss, it seems like by your video that the laser is unavoidable, i just hope i get lucky enough to get enough hits to enter the final phase, but sometimes it depends with bosses how aggressive their RNG would be. 

its very unfortunate saving is cut off in this mode, and that every time you die it adds an extra 5 minutes to the timer.

EDIT: omg after this post i did another run and was successful, honestly that felt like one of my toughest platinums, at least in recent memory. xD i am horrible at speed runs especially one so strict where for someone like me makes easy mistakes lol. it was the most tense at the end when i got to the final phase of the last boss fight, he killed me because he was laser spamming. then on my next attempt he was aggressive again where i was just trying to get shots when he would allow it, and he kept on going back to full HP. if i died this round i think i would have ran out of time lol. 

Edited by RJP_X

• 2 years later...

Thanks for this video, it helped immensely! One extra step that should help people with the the speedrun trophy, if they decide to use this video as reference, is taking an extra minute in the beginning castle area to grab the Barricade passive that will cut down on damage immensely, and make mistakes less punishing. To grab it:

At the room reached at 1:22:57 of the video (the stairs with the large health book under them), exit directly to the left instead of going up and to the right.

Evade the enemy on this screen while taking the left exit.

Drop down and go to the right.

Drop down again, and grab the Newspaper and Cure book on the lower left, then proceed to exit to the lower right.

Drop down again, and head to the right.

Destroy the two conspicuous ceiling blocks halfway through this screen to grab the Barricade passive, then head back to stairs that had the large health book under them, and take the upper right exit on this screen. 

The barricade passive can be stacked to cut down on more damage as well, so having two barricade passives on the girls at all times made the run a lot less stressful.