PSA: Don't try for Iron Rom on Vita

visighost

33 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Whoops. I already did the entire game on Vita. 

So did I for my first, non-Iron ROM playthrough, and it never crashed. But I'm thinking the saving+quitting cycles may reset whatever causes the crashes.

Of course, it could all be down to luck... but I have now read crashes are common.

Edited by visighost

9 minutes ago, HellcoreFire said:

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry to hijack this thread but is Cardinal of Combat easier on Vita or PS4? I only managed to get to the boss fight once and I think I did something wrong because I wasn't able to kill it.

I believe I did it on PS4, but since you can tap the screen on Vita, it may be easier on the portable. The real challenge seems to be Threat Neutralized, but I got that one on Vita on my second try. It seems like a good idea would be a first playthrough on Vita for the combat/arcade-related trophies, and then Iron Rom on PS4 for the skips+stability.

45 minutes ago, visighost said:

I believe I did it on PS4, but since you can tap the screen on Vita, it may be easier on the portable. The real challenge seems to be Threat Neutralized, but I got that one on Vita on my second try. It seems like a good idea would be a first playthrough on Vita for the combat/arcade-related trophies, and then Iron Rom on PS4 for the skips+stability.

Just got the trophy it was pretty easy once I learned the patterns. I'll do Iron Rom on PS4 then just in case, thanks.

For the iron rom : 

If you are playing on the ps4 there are 2 times where it can freeze for you if you are skipping text. Thats when the robot asks you to write your name and later when you have to put a code in a machine. The X button wont work. To counter this you can use the touch pad like a mouse and press the letters that way. If you want to be sure dont use the skip thing on those scenes and just smash X to go through it faster. 

There is also 1 more part where it can freeze : when you wake up in the hospital there will be 2 robots next to each other in a desk , DO NOT TALK  to the one on the far right , its like a 50% chance of freezing with no way to counter.

For the Cardinal and Threat : 

You dont need to use the touchpad to get them, you can use the arrows and x button. When i played it, i read people saying it was so hard with arrows you needed to use touchpad or vita but that was the opposite for me, i have no idea how people did it with touchpad. So if you are having trouble with one way , try the other. Using arrows , i got cardinal in 3 tries and the threat in 8 or 9.

A tip for threat : if you are spamming X they will 100% shoot you , the trick is to wait like half a second between X's and you get it easy. 

On the cardinal you can just spamm it till they die, just do the half a second when you change square it usually helps.

Hope it helps, if you have a question , the game is still fresh in my head so i can maybe help.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

The game can freeze on the Vita. It happened to me 2 days ago when I had played for several hours without saving. I almost gave up on the game after losing all that progress but today I just decided to suck it up and redo it all again. I'm saving now every time I move to a new location.

Which is a great idea, but you're not allowed to reload in order to get Iron Rom...

I had crashes too. During mini-games and one just after finishing my first playthrough (hopefully after I got the epilogue chapter and got eternal xmas trophy). I got the main screen freezing and could not go to the main menu. I had to delete and redownload the game again. Now going for Iron ROM trophy. Hope it doesnt freeze :/

For me I managed to soft-lock the game twice on the same area on one playthrough on PS4. When you're being chased and have to open close the doors etc. if you tap :cross: too soon after ending the last line of dialogue it just locks up entirely. Since there's multiple playthroughs needed anyway I just got it another time around, lesson learned after the second time it locked up. 

I wasn't skipping dialogue, but usually I press :cross: at the beginning of each line to load the full line of text immediately (personal preference), and, well I pressed it too quickly when there wasn't even next line of dialogue xD. I imagine if you're the kind to skip through dialogue this will be even more likely to happen, just be careful in this encounter.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now ready to start the Iron Rom playthrough on the PS4. My only concern is the fight with Dekker at the end. I've played through the ending twice now following the tips to beat him on here and each time took me 2 or 3 tries.

If I get game over during that fight and have to reboot, then it is all for nothing I presume, so does anybody have a good strategy to reliably beat him every time?

You can reboot as a result of death and have the trophy count im pretty sure. Against Dekkar just move in the opposite direction of him at all times and he will never catch you. Block all exits except for the one away from you, but give him at least one exit to leave through or else he is going to shoot through the doors.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...