PS Plus December 2018

Valyrious

I was happy the moment I saw “Steins;Gate”. I already played it on Vita and it was such a great experience that I actually would like to enjoy it once more, so now having the PS3 version for “free” with PS Plus makes December a great month. SG is a masterpiece and we don’t have masterpieces very often on PS Plus.

2 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I had already got Steins Gate free via ps plus (jp) previously last year. I found it super boring, but it was an easy platinum.

You found Steins;Gate boring, but not Lightning Returns?

We landed on the wrong timeline. Go back to the correct one where people have better taste in games.

Unfortunately, zero games that I'd even be willing to try that I don't have already.

If, however, I might recommend two games to others...

SOMA is an awesome game, simply amazing. Great setting, great story. It's mostly puzzle exploration but there's a bit of stealth too.

Papers, Please is the reason I set up a Steam account, and it was worth it. Great game and if I still had a Vita, I'd definitely play it again.

2 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Is it even good? Do I have to play other games in the series? Is this the first installment? So many Qs!

Many consider it to be one of, if not the best, visual novel ever made. There are other games that came after it, but it stands on its own. I've yet to even play the sequel, and I think there's a spinoff or two (that weren't localized..). And yes, this is the first game. 

SOMA - The vid says it's from the people that made Amnesia: Dark Descent which I thought was alright so gonna grab it.
Onrush - A racing game (though not a traditional one) so I'll grab this one too.
Steredenn - No idea WTF this is.
Steins;Gate - People say it's a great VN. I've been dipping my toes into the genre but haven't found "the one" yet so we'll see about this.
Iconoclasts - Don't know much about this other than it's a Metroid like game (which isn't my schtick), so pass.
Papers, Please - Title has come up here and there but don't know anything about it. I'll add it to my library just in case but not sure I'll ever play it.

It doesn't seem to me like they have any killer titles this month, but they still have a few alright games.

OnRush is tanking bad and I applaud them for putting it on Game Pass and now Plus, much better than waiting a year or so and having just about everyone leave.

Game is fun and I've got into it from Game Pass, won't be playing on PS4 unfortunately.

Unfortunately, also, because the rest of the month is yet another pile of average at best. I mean, to be fair, so is Xbox this month.

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Papers, Please!

Awesome for us lonely Vita fans...all 15 of us. Never hear of the others. Maybe Steins Gate? Is that a VN?

As much as I want to see the Vita get just a tad bit more attention, Sony has had it on the chopping block for a couple years now.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like Sony has any interest in making another handheld console. I think they're a dying thing at this point. All of Sony's resources are being put on the PS4 Pro and the upcoming Playstation 5, whenever that is coming out.

I might say that I’m very happy with this month :) some of these were in my wishlist, so that’s cool.

OnRush isn’t a racing game -_- it would be more like a “Beat’em Up”... Not in my top list, but always was interesting trying it since they announced it.

Iconoclasts is yet another Metroidvania with retro style graphics. Love these games and I heard good things about this one. Unfortunately, no plat :( 

I also heard good things about SOMA, Steins Gate and Papers, Please. So... I don’t know why people still complaining so much about this lineup -_-

Played Steins;Gate already, but I'll prolly check out Papers, Please for an easy on-the-go game for when I'm traveling with my Vita. There's still a lot of life in mine yet!

Might check out SOMA sometime waaaayyyy down the road... recently picked up a lot of AAA games from Black Friday, so I have a lot of time before I get to these type of games!