Platinum Difficulty?

TomiA-

Working on it now. Been ridiculously easy up to the nighttime events, which I'm doing now, but I understand there are a few star challenges later that are really annoying and largely down to luck. That or much easier with friends. I don't play online so I might just drop the attempt if it gets too infuriating. I'm not a trophy masochist lol. 

On 12/11/2018 at 3:17 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

Working on it now. Been ridiculously easy up to the nighttime events, which I'm doing now, but I understand there are a few star challenges later that are really annoying and largely down to luck. That or much easier with friends. I don't play online so I might just drop the attempt if it gets too infuriating. I'm not a trophy masochist lol. 

Don’t give up! If you’re already that far and just need superstar trophies they are actually pretty easy even alone. They will take many retries but just space them out so you don’t get too frustrated :)

This us actually getting quite annoying now. Feels like some of the star challenges were designed on the presumption everyone would be playing multiplayer. In single playing it becomes too luck dependant. It's an enjoyable game, but they should have designed it so the initial requirements were lower for some star challenges and increased appropriately should you be playing with friends. 

But then I guess they designed it this way on purpose to keep more people "engaged". 

Edited by thefourfoldroot

This is an extremely easy platinum, The only challenge i found annoying was the 3 crush/air takedowns and not because the challenge was hard, just the poor coding on collisions on this game nothing like landing on opponent just for it not to register a crush, all challenges are easily done solo. 

Would rate this game 2/10 for platinum difficulty. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That hardest part is not committing suicide due to the boredom you face after like 10mins. It feels like playing Counter Strike against very bad bots with the worst bots on your team on boring maps with horrible physics, horrible game play, horrible balacing....I can't understand how this trash game (not in the fun way, but just digital rubbish) gets mediocre to good ratings. It's by far the worst "racing game" (BuT iT's NoT a RaCiNg GaMe) I played in the last 5-10 years.

• Like 1

Quite an easy Platinum with just a few tricky-ish challenges - 12 takedowns with a Titan being my toughest (took about a dozen attempts). Although as mentioned this challenge a few of the harder others are pretty simple if you play co-op. I just played through it myself in single player mode. Had all the trophies by Level 76 except for the 50 Checkmate one, took another 6 levels of grinding vs bots in the custom game to knock this one off and get the Platinum. Total time was around 20-22 hours.

I actually enjoyed this game as I was a huge Motorstorm fan back in the days.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm missing just 2 challenges in SuperStars for my plat!!!! And yes, they are the 2 that require that you don't lose your switches. I'm about to hit lvl 100 :(

Will they be easier in co-op?? If I do it co-op, how does it work? 

Edited by Frejim

15 minutes ago, Frejim said:

Will they be easier in co-op?? If I do it co-op, how does it work? 

The last challenges are easier in co-op. There is no random players joining online racers for co-op so you have to have PSN friends with the game to do it. Once you have friends it will have the option for you to invite them to your session and you race together. Best way is to create or join boosting session here on PSNPROFILES. click on the link https://psnprofiles.com/sessions 

1 hour ago, DF007gamer said:

The last challenges are easier in co-op. There is no random players joining online racers for co-op so you have to have PSN friends with the game to do it. Once you have friends it will have the option for you to invite them to your session and you race together. Best way is to create or join boosting session here on PSNPROFILES. click on the link https://psnprofiles.com/sessions 

Yes, I do know how to invite them. I was asking about the mechanic per se. For instance, if the challenge says "3 switches remaining", does that mean I have to have the 3 switches intact? or if I have 2, my friends 1 each, will that be enough?

11 hours ago, Frejim said:

Yes, I do know how to invite them. I was asking about the mechanic per se. For instance, if the challenge says "3 switches remaining", does that mean I have to have the 3 switches intact? or if I have 2, my friends 1 each, will that be enough?

Yes you have to have to win by 3 switches as a TEAM. If you have a terrible start by the other team already winning by two then just restart. You yourself can still lose all you switches but what they mean is  by 3 switches remaining is that at least 3 of your team mates must have at least a switch left over. You eliminate the other team by taking out all their switches. Sorry but that's the best way i can explain. You can see on the top right of the screen while your racing the other teams switches remaining. They are 5 of the teams icons. If one of the icons are grey that means that one enemy is out of swithes. If it's in color then they still have switches. So it's to get all the enemies icon to grey. 

• Like 1

I deleted this game last night after trying the challenge where I needed to capture 15 zones in a 3 game tournament. I hit 14 and then we lost the last game because the A.I on your team is so terrible they hardly ever attempt to go after the zones. 

Honestly, such a terrible game in single player. Maybe it's better online. 

On 1/16/2019 at 3:06 AM, Pray07 said:

I deleted this game last night after trying the challenge where I needed to capture 15 zones in a 3 game tournament. I hit 14 and then we lost the last game because the A.I on your team is so terrible they hardly ever attempt to go after the zones. 

Honestly, such a terrible game in single player. Maybe it's better online. 

I could manage to that one solo, but I did 5 in the first, 5 in the second, and I was doing 3 in the third so I hit "RESTART" because I knew I was not going to make it. Sometimes, specially in tournaments it's better to restart that one race, in that way you dont have to restart the whole tournament.

Also, some challenges like that one (and the switch ones) are better and easier done in Co-op.

On 1/15/2019 at 11:26 PM, DF007gamer said:

That was close. 

Indeed.

The other switch race I did it on co-op, so much easier!!!

it wasn't bad at all. some of the challenges in the later races were pretty annoying but I say the platinum is more of a grind than a challenge. The last trophy I needed was to unlock gearboxes, took about 3 hours of playing to get that done after unlocking every other trophy. 

Overall, yeah I say it's worth your time. the platinum was a rewarding experience

• Like 1

Just completed it, i thought it was a good game, with some very challenging challenges, played all in single mode and ended up on level 104, my last challenge (12 takedowns using Titan) took me a good 4/5 hours overall, not bad for a 49 year old just starting gaming.