Platinum Difficulty?

TomiA-

Hi!

Plat is not really difficult, but kinda grindy, still not too long though. Hated the challenge with Vortex Tochdown takedown, because i was not really sure how to get it, and sometimes it wont even count... One thing which was getting obnoxious was that you cant skip the post game screen. (Winners Showcase) Otherwise, pretty easy, i enjoyed it for the most part, cool soundtrack mostly, great destruction, controls felt solid (once you get used to the uneven road). Sometimes the matches require you to get lucky, because the bots sometimes seem to not understand the objective of the mode :D

Best of luck completing the Superstar campaign for whoever tries this. :)

• 1 month later...
On 15/01/2019 at 5:03 AM, DF007gamer said:

Yes you have to have to win by 3 switches as a TEAM. If you have a terrible start by the other team already winning by two then just restart. You yourself can still lose all you switches but what they mean is  by 3 switches remaining is that at least 3 of your team mates must have at least a switch left over. You eliminate the other team by taking out all their switches. Sorry but that's the best way i can explain. You can see on the top right of the screen while your racing the other teams switches remaining. They are 5 of the teams icons. If one of the icons are grey that means that one enemy is out of swithes. If it's in color then they still have switches. So it's to get all the enemies icon to grey. 

You saved me for real dude, I thought it was too hard to survive throughout the whole thing without losing a switch. Makes sense now. At least 3 Switches as a team. Thanks again.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2019 at 2:49 PM, AbidePrim said:

Just completed it, i thought it was a good game, with some very challenging challenges, played all in single mode and ended up on level 104, my last challenge (12 takedowns using Titan) took me a good 4/5 hours overall, not bad for a 49 year old just starting gaming.

I got the 2 'Win by 3 switches or more' on my first try but the 12 Titan takendowns (my last one too) is ridiculous. Dumb too because you have to lose a round on purpose to even stand a chance.

Do you guys restart the event or keep going to unlock other trophies such as the gear one since this is the 2nd event in the series?

Edit 1: Some of the worst luck - getting checked out with nobody touching me because of the janky mechanics and being crushed by freaking motorcycles ?.

Got 11/12 with 15 secs left but no one around. I might have to do co-op just for this one because I'm sick of this game and the amateur hour design such as inability to skip wreckcam and 3 second countdown, and not being able to restart event during either. At least put a Pause Menu in there but nope.

Then that lengthy post-event menu that you can't skip, with a whole dedicated screen for Daily Challenge even if you've completed it. Hard to believe the whole team and testers were okay with these idiotic choices during all of development. 

Edit 2: First MP match - winning team 3 mins in and network error. No surprise here. Now I see why this game came to Plus.

Edited by SliK6SiK
Idiotic UI and MP

4 hours ago, SliK6SiK said:

Dumb too because you have to lose a round on purpose to even stand a chance.

Maybe I just wasn't that good but my problem was the exact opposite, just couldn't win the rounds. Actually I had 12 takedowns 3-4 times already but since I was losing it didn't count.

Do you guys restart the event or keep going to unlock other trophies such as the gear one since this is the 2nd event in the series?

Restart if I can. Sometimes I get into the wreckcam/countdown stuff and the event is over before I'm back in the game to restart. I didn't have to grind much for the extra stuff like gears once I was done with all events.

I'm sick of this game and the amateur hour design such as inability to skip wreckcam and 3 second countdown, and not being able to restart event during either. At least put a Pause Menu in there but nope.

Then that lengthy post-event menu that you can't skip, with a whole dedicated screen for Daily Challenge even if you've completed it. Hard to believe the whole team and testers were okay with these idiotic choices during all of development. 

I know, don't even get me started on this. :rolleyes:

Really pissed me off at times.

On 3/29/2019 at 8:57 PM, DizzyDavidson said:

Maybe I just wasn't that good but my problem was the exact opposite, just couldn't win the rounds. Actually I had 12 takedowns 3-4 times already but since I was losing it didn't count.

Restart if I can. Sometimes I get into the wreckcam/countdown stuff and the event is over before I'm back in the game to restart. I didn't have to grind much for the extra stuff like gears once I was done with all events.

I know, don't even get me started on this. :rolleyes:

Really pissed me off at times.

Opposite problems, if only we could gift our ability to each other lol. I've played this around 10 times and only once did I not get W1 - L2 intentionally - W3. 

That's good, I only need 250 gear and Eat DiRT. I'm gonna buy the cheapest too, have enough credits sitting around for nothing.

• 4 months later...

It's probably a high 4 or low 5 even if you do it all on single player. Finally got the platinum after 18ish hours. The event trickiest to me funnily enough wasn't the 12 titan takedowns but the 6 takedowns in the zone challenge on the Snowbound chapter. I kept getting close with 5 but my team would either win or lose before I could get the last one. Finally lucked my way into it and it was smooth sailing from there. It's a great podcast game (not something you dedicate 100% attention, have something on Netflix going while you play)

• 2 months later...
On 30-3-2019 at 0:13 AM, SliK6SiK said:

I got the 2 'Win by 3 switches or more' on my first try but the 12 Titan takendowns (my last one too) is ridiculous. Dumb too because you have to lose a round on purpose to even stand a chance.

Edit 1: Some of the worst luck - getting checked out with nobody touching me because of the janky mechanics and being crushed by freaking motorcycles 1f602.png.

Got 11/12 with 15 secs left but no one around. I might have to do co-op just for this one because I'm sick of this game and the amateur hour design such as inability to skip wreckcam and 3 second countdown, and not being able to restart event during either. At least put a Pause Menu in there but nope.

Edit 2: First MP match - winning team 3 mins in and network error. No surprise here. Now I see why this game came to Plus.

The 12 takedowns are try and error if done solo. At the first chicane you must have at least 4 takedowns and some luck off course. Just post a note on the forum and some players will help you. I did it solo after 10 retries

Edited by bartne

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/28/2018 at 10:07 PM, TomiA- said:

I was thinking about picking this one up since its gonna be free for ps plus for december. It doesnt seems to be very difficult platinum, thoughts?

I got the platinum for it and if I recall the biggest challenge I can remember was trying to complete the last few challenges for Story Mode to max out my superstar rating for the "Enter your initials" trophy which was mostly trial and error but the I believe the one I had the most difficulty with was to get 12 takedowns using Titan, it did take a couple of hours to complete which felt like a chore but overall I enjoyed this game to the point where attempting to get every trophy felt worth it in the end regardless. 

I would at least recommend trying it for yourself.