Rdr2 online beta, stats might reset?

UlvenFenrir

27 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Rockstar said that the online might be in beta for weeks or months but that there is also the chance that stats might be reset in case of issues. Not sure if i should wait till its out of beta before playing it because id hate to invest time into a character only to have everything deleted. Thoughts?

Where did they say that they might reset stats ? 

And that's really a question for you, I don't see how we could choose for you. If you'd "hate to invest time into a character only to have everything deleted", and you think they'll delete the stats, well then here's your answer. But if you just want to enjoy the game right now, just play, who cares about stats. Starting over isn't the end of the world.

28 minutes ago, Martinouchou said:

Where did they say that they might reset stats ? 

And that's really a question for you, I don't see how we could choose for you. If you'd "hate to invest time into a character only to have everything deleted", and you think they'll delete the stats, well then here's your answer. But if you just want to enjoy the game right now, just play, who cares about stats. Starting over isn't the end of the world.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-27-rockstar-warns-players-red-dead-online-beta-progress-may-not-be-permanent

I think stats will only be reset if something insane comes up that allows people to duplicate gold bars or earn $100,000 online before the beta ends and maybe if an XP glitch is found that gets you rank 50 in less than an hour. Unfortunately it'll be those few bad eggs that cause the reset, because they wouldn't want people to be too overpowered post-beta as they plan to make as much money out of microtransactions as possible. Here's hoping no stupid DLC trophies come up that require you to spend a lot of in-game money, but seeing what they did with GTA V, I won't be surprised. But let's hope I can stay up for 20+ hours straight to do the game's equivalent of the Doomsday heist. I'm not sure if they'll consider the current rank 50 method as being too fast, it takes 30-40 hours to reach rank 50 using that method, the fix they might do is getting rid of special ammo or making you pay in-game money to use a checkpoint in that mission. Either way, I'm glad I got the online done while in the beta.