Glitching your way up to level 100

Bizzy_Montana_

Hey there everyone :)

I'm sure many of you have already seen some videos depicting an easy way to get to level 100.

Actually, I was struggling for quite a while until I was able to finally get it working.

I started the game yesterday, so I had no prior experience or progress.

First off, you should get some bottle caps (around 130 or so) in order to be able to utilize quick travel a few times / buy some items.

I was collecting Mothman eggs at Point Pleasant. Once you collected the available ones near the river to the west, quit to main menu, then continue. The eggs will have spawned again. Rinse and repeat. Cook Mothman egg omelettes at your cooking station (or the one from the Overseer's Camp), then sell them to a vendor (for example near Sutton Station). Eat one omelette before doing this as this will temporarily raise your charisma, giving you better selling prices. Due to me being a low-level char, I was only earning like 3 or 4 caps per omelette. The vendor has got a limited amount of bottlecaps as well (shared across all vendors in the world), keep this in mind.

Once you have got enough caps, make sure to have some weapons like boards or machetes in your inventory and make your way to the Whitespring Golf Club. Use the method shown in the video (all credit goes to @PS_4Trophies, thank you very much for this!) until you reach level 23:

I actually had to get to level 23 as I unlocked the required agilty perk "Home defense" by making it to level 22, but this perk has to be upgraded to level 2 (therefore I leveled up once more to spend the perk point). You can damage the cars until they have like 60% of their "health" left before going into the house, this makes it easier for you to get them to explode quickly. If you inflict more than 50% of damage, the car starts to burn and explodes by itself.

Now that you reached level 23 and have equipped "Home Defense 2", go to Eastern Regional Penitentiary and disarm the flamethrower trap over and over again, just like it is shown in this video (all credit goes to Krethys):

Make sure to bring some guns and melee weapons with you (I found some by exploring the world but I don't really remember exact locations, I guess you can google this) to kill some of the supermutants roaming the Penitentiary near the flamethrower. I used a Hori-controller and auto-fired the square button to disarm the flamethrower over and over again.

Additional note:

Make sure to check out post #7 in this thread for the High School - location. It didn't work for me, but it would give you a much more relaxed way to perform the glitch! Thank you very much for providing your video @jninja79

For some weird reason, the framerate drops significantly after using this glitch for around 20 to 30 minutes.

I've read reports from players claimingming that the game could crash, resetting your leveling progress back to when you reached the Penitentiary. Therefore I decided to repeat the process of glitching, dropping all collected fuel, aluminium and rubber, getting myself killed, then respawning, leaving the game, rejoining and disarming the flamethrower after every 5 levels.

I suggest you don't perform the glitch on a server which features the Jail Escape event at the Penitentiary. Furthermore, I realized that not every server gives you the chance to use the glitch. If this is the case, just go to another server.

As a side note, the other locations (Pleasant Valley Ski Resort & Morgantown High School) didn't work for me at all. 

Best of success to everyone who is going to apply this method :)

Greetings from Germany!

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_
  • Like 1

You can also do the infinite disarm glitch with a grenade bouquet inside morganton high school. I made a video of this glitch yesterday and was planning on uploading it at some point today, but evidently someone already beat to it with an xp glitch video xD.

Basically you enter the school, kill the scorched, pick the lock on the door to the right of where you entered from and then run in and straight back out again triggering the bouquet. Then you exit the building and re-enter and the string the bouquet was hanging from will give you the option do disarm so long as you have the home defence perk lvl 1. From here you can just mash the disarm button to farm levels. If anyone wants a video of it let me know and ill upload one for you :D

Happy farming!

2 hours ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

I tried exactly what you described, but I have not been able to disarm the boquet despite joining multiple servers. Nevertheless, it's likely to be a mistake on my end :S.  

Therefore it's of course great if your method works without much of a hassle!

Sorry to hear that, ill see about uploading the video for you if it helps. its definatly an easy method, I used it to go up from rank 35 all the way to 65 but had to stop as my hand started ache xD. 

If they aren't armed you might be able to skip the set up part and just go straight to the disarm. Either way if you find a server where it hasn't already been done then that's how to initiate the glitch. Hopefully you'll be able to get it working. If your struggling you can always add me, and we can look for one, lus you get the xp bonus from being in a team that way too ;) Even faster XP's :P 

39 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

So far I'm farming for legendaries and xp goes itself. I don't know how long I can do this but for now it's good. 

Anyway, is there some nice and easy way to mod 50 weapons? I know it's not the topic, but I think using some basic pipe pistol, mod it, scrap it, repeat, yes? 

Just add a simple mod to any weapon and remove it remove counts as modding and removing mod destroys it so you remake the mod again

Edited by HopelessDarkHero