Freezing related to super slim systems? Patch?

Okay, so I decided to start playing DP this past weekend.  Everything was going good, I wasn't hitting any of the supposed issues, or at least if I was, it wasn't too bad.  Then I decided to talk to Emily in the Sheriff's Office while searching for the keys.  Froze a few seconds into the conversation, like I could still see the prompt to continue flash, and the sound still played fine, but none of the buttons worked.  I thought this was just a case of the glitches/etc I had heard about, so I carried on.  Fast forward to Episode 7.  I decide to get something to eat at the Diner.  I talk to Olivia, boom, freeze.  Now, I've read that the freezes might be somehow related to the new super slims...something about a poor manufactering.  Has anyone else who has this game experienced anything like this, preferably with a super slim? 

I know a patch was announced, but my concerns are that it'll take forever to launch, or won't come at all, since Rising Star Games is a much smaller company than most.  I imagine that it will eventually come, though.  Has anyone heard any updates about the progress on the patch? Something like following on Twitter?

I've had the game freeze a few times.. But, it isn't anything unusual...  All games/systems freeze or lock up at some point.. Happens more the longer you play on the system.

But, yeah other than the typical console freeze every once in awhile (and by that I mean it's happened twice during 25+ hours of playing)

There isn't anything wrong with the game and you don't have to be worried about your PS3.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

To me the game freeze at chapter 2 after the art museum cutscene in my way to a&g diner. It freeze while i riding the car. I trayied to restart the chapter but nothing changed. I think it depends to the fact that's the digital copy, i have platted the game on an older account retail version and i haven't problems at all.

• 1 year later...
On 2013-05-29 at 10:48 PM, Parker said:

From everything I've heard the fault lies with the game itself, not the PlayStation. The game was full of bugs when it was originally released on the 360 and it seems not much has changed.

Parker

This version runs way worse than the 360 version. I'm probably never going to touch the PS3 copy again after I Plat it.