Trophy thoughts?

MidnightDragon

Massive fan of the original games, still got my Master System mostly for this and a few other titles. I enjoyed the actual revamp of the original but I felt they could have done a bit more with it, so the spiritual successor will be the next trial. Seems like a nice list for this type of game, nothing stressful just an exploration filled good time.

2 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

For anyone interested, US Amazon dropped the preorder to $24.27, happy hunting :)

I saw that yesterday and pre-ordered. Why do you think such a big drop from $40? Is it because of the Switch version or a mistake?

Game looks great, hand drawn art-style and 5 yrs of development, but the lack of marketing and coverage is infuriatingly typical of such titles. 

54 minutes ago, SliK6SiK said:

I saw that yesterday and pre-ordered. Why do you think such a big drop from $40? Is it because of the Switch version or a mistake?

Game looks great, hand drawn art-style and 5 yrs of development, but the lack of marketing and coverage is infuriatingly typical of such titles. 

Walmart dropped some prices in preorders so it's kinda match making, I'm crossing fingers for some NISA games or at least Tales of Vesperia, imagine that one below 30.

8 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Walmart dropped some prices in preorders so it's kinda match making, I'm crossing fingers for some NISA games or at least Tales of Vesperia, imagine that one below 30.

Okay, then why did Walmart drop prices so drastically? Was Monster Boy this low there because I only saw deals mentioning Amazon.

ToV would be cool; Rage 2 has dropped to around $43. I still have Berseria in my backlog so I'm good, just got Monster Boy and glad I did - it's already unavailable on Amazon and next batch doesn't guarantee Launch Edition. 

I don't care about the trophies. I have been a HUGE FAN of the Wonder Boy series since the late 80s. I played in the days when Sega didn't become shit like they are today. Sega wasn't all about churning Sonic the Hedgehog. They had so many brilliant games.

I'm very happy with the reviews, and I'm glad that the former Wonder Boy developers were involved with the recent development of this sequel - I consider it a sequel. Game Atelier deserves all of my respect for bringing Wonder Boy back.

Edited by thepeaguy
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

Completion time: 16 hours & 41 minutes, which was divided into three play sessions.

Platinum difficulty: 4.5/10, thereabouts.

It's technically a fairly straightforward platinum, in that you essentially just need to play the game to earn the majority of trophies: explore the entire map, open every last treasure chest and consume all the magic upgrade truffles, finish the dungeons, and so forth. There are only a few miscellaneous ones to deal with, such as charging a certain distance with the lion form, and eating ten mosquitoes with the frog transformation, but they're quite easy to obtain.

However, many of those chests are hidden rather deviously, and the dungeons are no cakewalk, requiring some pulse-pounding platforming and tricky puzzling. Even for action-platforming veterans like myself, they'll provide a reasonable challenge. Not the hardest Metroidvania by any means, but no pushover, either. Thanks to the rather efficient Neoseeker walkthrough covering everything, I didn't need to backtrack in search of chests at the end, which certainly shortened the playthrough.

A minor tip: the fully upgraded Crimson Shield makes the Nabu boss fight a cinch, since it not only blocks all of his fire projectiles, but restores your health while doing so!