How level up 50

Waraneasy

16 hours ago, ihasmudkips said:

Thanks for the guide. How long did it take to get to rank 50 doing this? 

20-25 hours.

2 hours ago, zerohuh said:

I can't replay this mission. what's this mission reputation ? and How can I check my reputation?

I was full good in reputation, have you a party before you try to repeat the mission ? 

21 hours ago, ihasmudkips said:

How long did it take to get to rank 50 doing this? 

the higher you get, the more xp needed to level up...ultimate edition owners rank up faster from 0-25...meaning less xp required per level...so far, it's averaged to about  6000 xp/hour with setups, disconnects, glitches, etc...so about 35 hours from 0 - 50...

4 hours ago, Yoey_666 said:

I can not replay it either. Is it possible that you can only replay it after finishing all story missions ?

yes, you or someone you are playing with need to have completed at least 6 of the 8 story missions in order to be able to replay it...see below...

8 hours ago, zerohuh said:

I can't replay this mission. what's this mission reputation ? and How can I check my reputation?

as far as mission reputation, here's what I experienced...you get 3 base missions where your honor doesn't matter but your choices within them will affect the next two missions...if you have negative honor, missions 4 & 5 (6 & 7 below) will be dishonourable...if you have positive honor, missions 4 & 5 will be honourable ones...then you will have a final boss mission...honour reputation does not affect it...this makes a total of 8...you can check your completion in options menu, progress, story...the breakdown for simplicity :

- mission 1 : +/- honour... 

- mission 2 : +/- honour...

- mission 3 : +/- honour...

- mission 4 : + honour only...

- mission 5 : + honour only...

- mission 6 : - honour only...

- mission 7 : - honour only...

- mission 8 > boss (the one in the op vid) : +/- honour...

so you will potentially be locked out of 2 missions and at 75% completion until your honour meets the requirement for the missions you are locked out of...make sense?...

Edited by ProfBambam55

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

- mission 4 : + honour only...

- mission 5 : + honour only...

- mission 6 : - honour only...

- mission 7 : - honour only...

I played missions 4 and 5 because my honor was positive. If I decrease my honor, will missions 6 and 7 appear on the map?

Got the plat!  Thanks @Waraneasy for the method once again! What a grind it was, luckily @Alex_R-13, @Alexgaara and @abhinandhan22 helped me boost to lvl 50. Thanks all!

I see that PP and PS4trophies made videos about Wara's method, good they credited him for it.

Me and Alex_R managed to pull 5 lvls in 3 hours (f.example lvl 40-45) with our method. If every level is ~4600 xp and times 5, that gives us a total of 23000 xp. With 3 hours, that means ~7666 xp per hour. This confirms the initial xp/h I wrote about on the previous page, xp gain being around 6-8k/h depending on route, deaths and skill. Please check my tips below to increase your xp/h rate.

Some really useful general tips for increasing your xp/hour with this method:

*Equip Split Point bullets as your main ammo before starting the mission/entering the fight part. This will make you have these as primary ammo when respawning (else you might have to switch every round)

*Kill the gatling gunners first (after those close-up enemies blocking your sight behind the boxes). If you don't you will lose a lot of HP

*WARNING EVIL: If you fail to get a 2-man lobby and end up with 2 more randoms. Suicide by running into the gatgunners for ~10 mins until they leave. Sad thing to do but... it works.

*If you play 2-man in a 4-man game (where 2 left). Enemies will be TOUGHER! Still doable but keep an eye on your health. I recommend playing in a 2-man lobby for a better grinding experience. One positive is quicker deaths if in a 4-man game.

*Enemy spawns are fixed, even the enemy models. Remember the route and the enemies!

*Watch out for the heavy shotgunners! They deal 33% or more of your HP bar with each shot. There appears to be 2 of them, one in each area ground level. If you are playing in 4-man, it could be better to shoot them from afar.

Mine and Alex_R somewhat 3-min route:

1. Clear all enemies in front of the fort, even those on top of walls. By shooting, headshots only!
2. Leave 2-3 enemies on each side so you can execute them on your way into the fort. Just for bonus xp
3. Enter the 1st area together. If you go alone, all enemies will focus you and melt your HP pretty fast. This is insta-death if playing in a 4-man game
4. Clear 1st area (bottom floor only) with executions [close up R2]
5. Proceed to 2nd area. Split up - one goes through corridor to the right, one through left main entrance. But try to time it that you enter 2nd area together
6. Clear 2nd area with executions. Now here it is best if one or both die, since you will have to restart later. The heavy shotgunner in black will probably kill one of you, or both.
7. Clear 1st area bottom + upper levels with executions/shooting at targets on the other side which would make you lose time by running to them
8. Clear 2nd area bottom + upper levels with executions. Shoot if you can save time.
9. Leave 3-4 enemies (differs sometimes) alive and make them shoot you to death. We usually left atleast one in the 2nd area alive. Alex_R probably understands better how this works. He even left 1 enemy alive sometimes! Not sure how he dared to risk but no cutscene started
10. Repeat!

Bonus tips

*To speed up deaths, try to get fall damage by jumping off ledges (SQUARE). There are atleast 3 spots where the damage is high enough to die from falls.

*You can let an enemy damage you, kill him then jump off a ledge to die. Try to plan accordingly!
*Sometimes let enemies damage you before killing them for quicker deaths
*If you are the 3rd and final death - don't kill yourself by holding circle if your partner is next to enemies + if there is no risk for boss cutscene to start. So they can get some more seconds to more xp. Do this mutually. If you see that your partner won't have time to kill anybody then hold circle to speed up the restart.
*If you find yourself wasting minutes because enemies aren't killing yourself quick enough, read these tips again and optimize!
*For those without patience.. You can suicide with dynamites.
*Please turn sound off else you will have Teddy Brown's theme playing in your head before sleeping

Good luck everybody!

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Yoey_666 said:

I can not replay it either. Is it possible that you can only replay it after finishing all story missions ?

18 hours ago, zerohuh said:

Yes, if you've joined somebody else's Story Mission, it will get added to your log but you CAN'T replay it. You have to beat the story mission yourself (being the host/mission starter) if you want to replay it!

5 hours ago, BigBoss-_93 said:

I’m looking for someone to grind with me. PSN ID : BigBoss-_93 . Thanks!

Please use https://psnprofiles.com/sessions if you want to find boosting partners, as we are not allowed to use threads for that.

Edited by Erkawest

7 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Got the plat!  Thanks @Waraneasy for the method once again! What a grind it was, luckily @Alex_R-13, @Alexgaara and @abhinandhan22 helped me boost to lvl 50. Thanks all!

I see that PP and PS4trophies made videos about Wara's method, good they credited him for it.

Me and Alex_R managed to pull 5 lvls in 3 hours (f.example lvl 40-45) with our method. If every level is ~4600 xp and times 5, that gives us a total of 23000 xp. With 3 hours, that means ~7666 xp per hour. This confirms the initial xp/h I wrote about on the previous page, xp gain being around 6-8k/h depending on route, deaths and skill. Please check my tips below to increase your xp/h rate.

Some really useful general tips for increasing your xp/hour with this method:

Hide contents

*Equip Split Point bullets as your main ammo before starting the mission/entering the fight part. This will make you have these as primary ammo when respawning (else you might have to switch every round)

*Kill the gatling gunners first (after those close-up enemies blocking your sight behind the boxes). If you don't you will lose a lot of HP

*WARNING EVIL: If you fail to get a 2-man lobby and end up with 2 more randoms. Suicide by running into the gatgunners for ~10 mins until they leave. Sad thing to do but... it works.

*If you play 2-man in a 4-man game (where 2 left). Enemies will be TOUGHER! Still doable but keep an eye on your health. I recommend playing in a 2-man lobby for a better grinding experience. One positive is quicker deaths if in a 4-man game.

*Enemy spawns are fixed, even the enemy models. Remember the route and the enemies!

*Watch out for the heavy shotgunners! They deal 33% or more of your HP bar with each shot. There appears to be 2 of them, one in each area ground level. If you are playing in 4-man, it could be better to shoot them from afar.

Mine and Alex_R somewhat 3-min route:

1. Clear all enemies in front of the fort, even those on top of walls. By shooting, headshots only!
2. Leave 2-3 enemies on each side so you can execute them on your way into the fort. Just for bonus xp
3. Enter the 1st area together. If you go alone, all enemies will focus you and melt your HP pretty fast. This is insta-death if playing in a 4-man game
4. Clear 1st area (bottom floor only) with executions [close up R2]
5. Proceed to 2nd area. Split up - one goes through corridor to the right, one through left main entrance. But try to time it that you enter 2nd area together
6. Clear 2nd area with executions. Now here it is best if one or both die, since you will have to restart later. The heavy shotgunner in black will probably kill one of you, or both.
7. Clear 1st area bottom + upper levels with executions/shooting at targets on the other side which would make you lose time by running to them
8. Clear 2nd area bottom + upper levels with executions. Shoot if you can save time.
9. Leave 3-4 enemies (differs sometimes) alive and make them shoot you to death. We usually left atleast one in the 2nd area alive. Alex_R probably understands better how this works. He even left 1 enemy alive sometimes! Not sure how he dared to risk but no cutscene started
10. Repeat!

Bonus tips

*To speed up deaths, try to get fall damage by jumping off ledges (SQUARE). There are atleast 3 spots where the damage is high enough to die from falls.

*You can let an enemy damage you, kill him then jump off a ledge to die. Try to plan accordingly!
*Sometimes let enemies damage you before killing them for quicker deaths
*If you are the 3rd and final death - don't kill yourself by holding circle if your partner is next to enemies + if there is no risk for boss cutscene to start. So they can get some more seconds to more xp. Do this mutually. If you see that your partner won't have time to kill anybody then hold circle to speed up the restart.
*If you find yourself wasting minutes because enemies aren't killing yourself quick enough, read these tips again and optimize!
*For those without patience.. You can suicide with dynamites.
*Please turn sound off else you will have Teddy Brown's theme playing in your head before sleeping

Good luck everybody!

That fast, you can take a rest now. I'm sure we can remember the music and won't go back there. haha. I'm lvl 41 now, hope can finish this few days. 

1 hour ago, unknownds said:

That fast, you can take a rest now. I'm sure we can remember the music and won't go back there. haha. I'm lvl 41 now, hope can finish this few days. 

Yes, going to take my well deserved rest today lol. Should take you around 6 hours to 50!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 11:22 PM, ARH65512 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's just as effective as doing with randoms. Granted, randoms can troll you since they have no idea what the hell you're doing but I've managed to do it and gotten 500 xp or maybe around that area. If I can get special ammo and maybe that one extra point PowerPyx does then I can get like 600. It'll still be grind though. I fucked up since some of the randoms completed the mission and I should've stopped. It was a test anyway since I have to grind money now. Grinding money isn't that bad though. I'm almost to 1500. 

Some money earning tips would be nice. I am only rank 11 with $70. Took me an 2hours of looting houses & enemy NPC's just to get the $200 to form a posse.

9 minutes ago, dokkanexpert said:

Some money earning tips would be nice. I am only rank 11 with $70. Took me an 2hours of looting houses & enemy NPC's just to get the $200 to form a posse.

You'll get some larger bills every 5 levels with the treasure maps. A completed series match or story mission should give you approximately $12-20 depending on how you do. Some of the quicker modes/matches and stranger missions offer 4-6. I think there was a looting grind method before the rebalance, but you're likely better off with series as of now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Siziolvec said:

You'll get some larger bills every 5 levels with the treasure maps. A completed series match or story mission should give you approximately $12-20 depending on how you do. Some of the quicker modes/matches and stranger missions offer 4-6. I think there was a looting grind method before the rebalance, but you're likely better off with series as of now.

Thanks for the reply & tip. 

6 minutes ago, The-Ricksterr said:

FYI. You can use split bullets from the start of the fort. 

Hightlight your weapon in the weapon wheel and press right on D pad to change from regular to split bullets you can do this with your pistol as well as your revolver 

Dont you need to pay a fence for a pamphlet to learn splitting ammo? 

Yesterday I was playing with a high level player (level 88) in large series, he played very well, been MVP several times. But during all my ingame session that lasted about an hour he managed to level up to level 91!  so it was like 4-5 battles....

so here is the question, how is it possible? it's around 15k exp, there is no way he would get that much in 5 battles, even beeing MVP all the time.

The higher level you are, the more XP you get per kill. This number seems to be capped at 25XP and then it just stays there. Considering most of his kills were probably headshots/dead eye or both, he got at least 30XP per kill on average.

He could have been almost level 89 at the time you noticed his level, so that means he would only need about 10k XP to reach 91. Nonetheless, that still seems like a really high amount of XP to get in only 5 games. He would need to get approx 250 kills in those 5 games total.

1 hour ago, Smuiq said:

Yesterday I was playing with a high level player (level 88) in large series, he played very well, been MVP several times. But during all my ingame session that lasted about an hour he managed to level up to level 91!  so it was like 4-5 battles....

so here is the question, how is it possible? it's around 15k exp, there is no way he would get that much in 5 battles, even beeing MVP all the time.

likely it was a few more than 4-5 matches but not totally impossible...you get over 600xp/mvp depending on mode and # of players...it's possible they were just under level 89 which is about 6000 xp/level...add kill xp...let's say 25 kill avg. at 20xp/kill...so about 400-500 additional xp/match...also, if they completed awards for gold buckles it could add another 500xp/award...ex. 1000 enemies killed, 1000 rifle kills, 1000 rifle headshots, 100 showdown wins...again, likely more than 5 matches but not totally impossible otherwise...

Edited by ProfBambam55