Waraneasy

How level up 50

104 posts in this topic

well may be I was a little under impression of that fact, but the guy really did great in games. I managed to get only half of the level during the session, with average of 400-500 per battle, so it was max 5-7 battles.
seems a bit more possible with buckets and increased exp per kill from that perspective... was a late night for me :) seemed strange and wanted to share and get the opinion

Anyone know tough time 1 to 50 playing showdown only instead of just grinding same mission over and over?

43 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Anyone know tough time 1 to 50 playing showdown only instead of just grinding same mission over and over?

I needed around 25-30h from level 20 to 50. So I would guess 50 hours if you are decent.

@ProfBambam55

Why would you recommend the varmint rifle ?

Does the weapon have advantages over others in the pvp?

4 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

@ProfBambam55

Why would you recommend the varmint rifle ?

Does the weapon have advantages over others in the pvp?

it's a great basic weapon and you can buy it from the get-go...

- it and its ammo are cheap so a cost-efficient choice...

-14 rounds/clip so few reloads are necessary...reload time is also quite quick...

- snap to aim (the time it takes to raise a weapon and lock onto a target), which is really important in pvp as you will often only have a split second to out-headshot an opponent, is super quick...gun sway is also non-existent (unless your dead eye core is red - all weapons are like this though)...

- fire rate is high so if you miss a headshot you can readjust aim and fire off a few more rounds quite quickly...i would say 3:1 or 4:1 in comparison to other rifles...

- has pretty decent range...in most wanted and hostile territory you can often get kind of spawn camped (flaw in design on r*'s part) from a distance so good to have a weapon that locks on to enemies a little farther away...

the varmint rifle's main weakness is its power...it will take a dozen body shots to kill the average player...you also cannot use special ammo with it and it has a little less range than the bolt-action or springfield rifles...that being said, if you can master dive timing (lock on button + square) and rapidly slamming off headshots, the varmint is all you really need in pvp...grab a good set of ability cards that compliment your play style and you should be doing well regularly...

the pvp is pretty fast paced due to "messy" spawn points but the nature of the characters is that everything seems slow so I find a weapon that is accurate that you can fire and reload quickly is best...

the above is once again only my opinion...it is based on that fact that i've ranked up the last 70+ levels mainly with pvp trying out various rifles and repeaters as a long gun choice...as soon as I switch back to the varmint my mvp rate jumps to finishing in the top 3 every match where I'm able to use it...i tend to be a run and gun type player so I can't say it's a weapon that everyone will find useful but definitely worth trying out...

The only way to level up really fast for now is silver buckles glitch. It can gain you up to 16000 (and even more) xp per hour based on how much time you ready to spend on preparation. The only disadvantage of this method - it's still a boring grind.

How exactly does the silver medals trick work? I’m assuming your level and money are saved on the server side but everything else is local. In theory does that mean you could use a cloud backup if an auto-save inadvertently happens?

A thing I did to get extra xp was unlock a gold buckle and close the game before it had a chance to save. For example if the buckle is for 1000 enemy kills, get to 999 kills and go to a new session (which saves your progress), then get the 1000th kill on a nearby player and close the game as fast as possible. The 500 experience you get is saved for some reason, but the buckle earned is not, so you can get the 1000th kill again for another 500 experience.

It works with every buckle that can be reset, but it only works 10 times per buckle.

Here are the ones I used. You can make progress towards most of these passively while doing something else:

Kill 1000 enemies with a rifle

Kill 1000 enemies with a rifle headshot

Kill 1000 enemies with a repeater

Kill 1000 enemies with a repeater headshot

Kill 1000 enemies from horseback

Kill 1000 enemies

Kill 1000 animals

Kill 2 animals in a single explosion 20 times

Spend $1000 in shops

Sell 100 herbs to a doctor

That's 50k xp right there, which is nearly a third of the 170k xp you need for level 50

Edited by Shadiochao

3 hours ago, postofficebuddy said:

How exactly does the silver medals trick work? I’m assuming your level and money are saved on the server side but everything else is local. In theory does that mean you could use a cloud backup if an auto-save inadvertently happens?

You should get 499 enemy kills, 499 kills with any weapon and 499 kills riding a horse (easiest ones I think). To save your progression go to pause menu and start new free roam session.Then you just kill an enemy with that weapon riding a horse and instantly close a game with PS button. After game reload you get 600 xp. It could be more xp if you get 499 headshots with chosen weapon at the same time for examle. If you die - your progress will be saved at 500, so don't. Gold medals work just 10 time but there are no such restrictions for silver medals at the moment.

On 01/01/2019 at 0:52 AM, MisterJohnGalt said:

You should get 499 enemy kills, 499 kills with any weapon and 499 kills riding a horse (easiest ones I think). To save your progression go to pause menu and start new free roam session.Then you just kill an enemy with that weapon riding a horse and instantly close a game with PS button. After game reload you get 600 xp. It could be more xp if you get 499 headshots with chosen weapon at the same time for examle. If you die - your progress will be saved at 500, so don't. Gold medals work just 10 time but there are no such restrictions for silver medals at the moment.

someone I know that was farming this said that if you get the lawmen after you (i.e. have an active wanted level) the window for resetting was a bit longer...my understanding was that they had multiple related (as per your example above) and unrelated challenges ready to go...ex. 499 pistol kills, 499 repeater kills, 49 bow headshots, etc (I think about 7 in total)...they would quickly ding all the silver award requirements for these while wanted then disconnect/reconnect Internet...the challenge progress would be reset for all affected awards but the xp would remain...i have not tested this myself and I may have misunderstood my friend's explanation but might be worth a shot if you want to increase your xp payout...what I'm trying to say is that having a wanted level might affect the award progress saving...also not sure if this was ever patched or not...

Edited by ProfBambam55

I unfortunately have no friends who own this game on ps4 so if anyone wants to boost on Pacific Time (California) add me "@dokkanexpert".

My posse is called The Unforgiven

just a heads up: there's a 20% xp bonus on all online activities this week for any interested...that's 1/5 less effort to level 50...

Ok. You are level 50 without good hourse, weapons, receipts, abilities and other equipment, without pvp exepirience. Boosting exp playing story mission dont give you cash and gold. Soon many dlcs will be released. How will you play for example coop missions on hard difficulty? Forget about rank. You ll get 50 rank anyway. You must think about getting gold and cash. Though some players can spend hundreds dollars in the psn store buying gold

7 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

just a heads up: there's a 20% xp bonus on all online activities this week for any interested...that's 1/5 less effort to level 50...

Whole week (including the weekend) ?

Sold the game a while back. Maybe i'll lend it from a friend. So i can finally get this boring ass rank 50 trophy.

16 minutes ago, ExquisiteSteez said:

Whole week (including the weekend) ?

I would imagine it includes the whole upcoming weekend, yes...

Edited by ProfBambam55

44 minutes ago, FranciRoosters said:

Looks like it's been patched. Can anyone confirm?

Ya, according to some people on playstationtrophies they patched it.

Glad i got the trophy out of the way.

Thank you for the 20% XP bonus Rockstar. Helped a lot :)

6 hours ago, ExquisiteSteez said:

Ya, according to some people on playstationtrophies they patched it.

Glad i got the trophy out of the way.

Thank you for the 20% XP bonus Rockstar. Helped a lot :)

Where exactly on PlaystationTrophies?

I just tried out the belt buckle exploit and it seems like it has been patched. Unless I'm doing something wrong or it doesn't work with the second belt (whatever that is.. tin? :P)

I have not been using this method for leveling though, so I might just be doing it wrong. Just wanted to test whether it has been patched or not. 

On 01/03/2019 at 5:43 PM, Arcesus7 said:

I just tried out the belt buckle exploit and it seems like it has been patched. Unless I'm doing something wrong or it doesn't work with the second belt (whatever that is.. tin? :P)

I have not been using this method for leveling though, so I might just be doing it wrong. Just wanted to test whether it has been patched or not. 

Anyone can confirm silver/gold buckle works or has been patched?

4 hours ago, lebrykgebryk said:

Anyone can confirm silver/gold buckle works or has been patched?

Oh, I can confirm it has been patched. And so has the initial method of restarting the checkpoint during the last story mission over and over... 

As far as I know, there is no 10k+ XP method at the moment. The best you can do solo, besides being great at PvP, is about 4500 XP per hour (plus belt buckle awards unlocked during the grind). For me, that's 6 more levels, or equivalently 6 more hours of mindless grinding for XP. What a shame, after such a mostly great single player experience. 

Edited by Arcesus7

I will never reach level 50, Read Dead Online is dreadful 🙄 I hope they release some single player DLC, since the campaign was amazing!