'Climbing the ladder' is frustrating

YUMICK2

Throughout the years I was pretty decent at every FIFA game, I wasn't great or anything but I could easily win quite a few more games than I lost. This year I'm struggling immensely and I think this will be the first year in quite some time that I won't be able to get the Platinum trophy.

Especially the 'Climbing the ladder' trophy proves to be extremely frustrating. In order to get it, you must reach Division 4 (1600 points) but I'm already stuck in Division 6 on around 1100 points. To make things worse I tend to lose more points for losing games than I get points for winning. Today I played two games in Division Rivals, I won the first 1-0 and got 26 points for that. The next game I lost 3-2 and I lost 31 points. They were both really close games and I think it's kind of stupid that you get punished this harshly. If I lost 4-0 or something, then I would understand that you lose this many points but how is it fair that you lose this many points for a game that was that close? Am I missing something?

I know i could fix this by just playing better, but this year that doesn't seem to be possible for me. Anyways, I just wanted to get this off my chest.

I’m up to about 1530 points so not far off. They gave you more or less points depending on your ‘skill rating’ compared to your opposition, hence why you sometimes lose a couple of points with a draw against someone. If you beat someone who is on around 1200 you will get more points than say if you beat someone who was on 900 

• 2 weeks later...

I've only been playing FIFA for two years, and my skill rating was hovering around the same as yours until one of my friends told me to run around with only my CDM instead of moving my backline. Ever since I've changed this my skill rating shot straight up to 1600, I barely lost a game. This worked for me, i hope it does for you

• Like 1

On 16/12/2018 at 1:25 AM, Joshbicker said:

I've only been playing FIFA for two years, and my skill rating was hovering around the same as yours until one of my friends told me to run around with only my CDM instead of moving my backline. Ever since I've changed this my skill rating shot straight up to 1600, I barely lost a game. This worked for me, i hope it does for you

I'm not getting what you say, can you explain a bit more please ? ^^

3 hours ago, seblegamer said:

I'm not getting what you say, can you explain a bit more please ? ^^

When you are playing defense, let the CPU play as your back line (CBs, LB and RB) and only control CMs and CDMs to play defense. This allows for your defense to be in much better position and if you make a mistake with the CM/CDM then you still have an additional line of defense to help out. My play has been greatly improved this way as well. Sitting on 1563 but had to finish up the weekend league games. Should hopefully finish this trophy (and therefore the plat) tomorrow.

• Like 3

On 17/12/2018 at 4:56 AM, continuum67 said:

When you are playing defense, let the CPU play as your back line (CBs, LB and RB) and only control CMs and CDMs to play defense. This allows for your defense to be in much better position and if you make a mistake with the CM/CDM then you still have an additional line of defense to help out. My play has been greatly improved this way as well. Sitting on 1563 but had to finish up the weekend league games. Should hopefully finish this trophy (and therefore the plat) tomorrow.

Ok thx a lot for clarification ^^

And what formation do you use for it to work best ? Ôô

On 18/12/2018 at 8:25 PM, seblegamer said:

Ok thx a lot for clarification ^^

And what formation do you use for it to work best ? Ôô

I Use a 4-1-2-1-2 with a LM and RM as I feel it is a good balance between attack and defence because you have two strikers and a CAM, but also a CDM sitting back as well.

If you want something a bit more defensive, I suggest a 4-2-3-1 (2) as this has two CDMs and only one striker.

Edited by Joshbicker

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reading in the forum the truth is that I was quite nervous when facing this trophy, I spent six days playing offline in the ultimate team mode and getting coins to make a fairly good team, I was lucky and I got a hundred thousand coins selling to a player, but removing that have only been six days playing a few hours, then I played the games of positioning and after being 3-2 (W - L - W - W - L) put me directly in division four and got the trophy. In four of those games I played against people with cards of 95 that cost several million but really most were bad, I almost do not do dribbles or do much except pass the ball, the truth is that fool of me for thinking it would be so hard.

https://www.futbin.com/19/squad-builder/view/8948441 My team after six days. 

Edited by AriieSiiS_-

26 minutes ago, AriieSiiS_- said:

Reading in the forum the truth is that I was quite nervous when facing this trophy, I spent six days playing offline in the ultimate team mode and getting coins to make a fairly good team, I was lucky and I got a hundred thousand coins selling to a player, but removing that have only been six days playing a few hours, then I played the games of positioning and after being 3-2 (W - L - W - W - L) put me directly in division four and got the trophy. In four of those games I played against people with cards of 95 that cost several million but really most were bad, I almost do not do dribbles or do much except pass the ball, the truth is that fool of me for thinking it would be so hard.

https://www.futbin.com/19/squad-builder/view/8948441 My team after six days. 

This is because about 2 months ago they made the points for each division a lot lower making this trophy a lot easier. I still think it was fairly easy but that's why people struggled until like april.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Its in FIFA 20 again but this Time you have to play a Match in Div 4 and i Wonder IF the placement Matches Are There to Make it Easier If Not Then Fuck your Self EA And Good for me I have an Friend who won all 5 placement Matches with a 50k Team 

Edited by TheySayShanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2019 at 5:55 PM, TheySayShanks said:

Its in FIFA 20 again but this Time you have to play a Match in Div 4 and i Wonder IF the placement Matches Are There to Make it Easier If Not Then Fuck your Self EA And Good for me I have an Friend who won all 5 placement Matches with a 50k Team 

On 20 you need to play a match on D4 or higher, which prevents players that go straight to Division 3 or above to not unlock the trophy, which was my case on 19. There are still placement matches. 

A1990-3.jpg

On 6.9.2019 at 9:45 AM, Gaollion said:

On 20 you need to play a match on D4 or higher, which prevents players that go straight to Division 3 or above to not unlock the trophy, which was my case on 19. There are still placement matches. 

A1990-3.jpg

On 6.9.2019 at 9:45 AM, Gaollion said:

A1990-3.jpg

Thanks Bro you saved my Life