Ground Zero Problems

X-x-TheMayor-x-X

I tried with a nuke that launch in a random lobby I was in.

I didn't get it, bit after coming back to the site, I found that the actual dead-center if the blast was marked by a radioactive symbol on the compass.

If that's not the answer, than at least for future sake, Whitespring's center is around back on the north side. ?

I thought that might be the case too when I went back to the blast site. The radioactive symbol didn't fill in like a normal location would when you discover it and no trophy popped through that method either. Looking at the comments so far it must just be an inconsistent and buggy trophy... Which is great considering it relies on a pretty rare event to occur.

6 hours ago, X-x-TheMayor-x-X said:

I thought that might be the case too when I went back to the blast site. The radioactive symbol didn't fill in like a normal location would when you discover it and no trophy popped through that method either. Looking at the comments so far it must just be an inconsistent and buggy trophy... Which is great considering it relies on a pretty rare event to occur.

Same problem here, went to the center and the radioactive symbol didn't fill in...

• 3 weeks later...

Someone finally launched a nuke when I was playing.  I immediately fast traveled to the blast zone and the nuke killed me on impact.  To my disappointment the trophy didn't pop.  The game did give me the notification saying the quest "Death From Above" was completed but I don't see any record of it in my quest list on the Pipboy.  Up until this point, all of the other trophy progress has been tracking properly (lock picks, teams joined, players killed, etc.).  I would definitely prefer to pick more unlocks if it meant that this trophy unlocked when it was supposed to.  Darn!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tenike1 said:

Someone finally launched a nuke when I was playing.  I immediately fast traveled to the blast zone and the nuke killed me on impact.  To my disappointment the trophy didn't pop.  The game did give me the notification saying the quest "Death From Above" was completed but I don't see any record of it in my quest list on the Pipboy.  Up until this point, all of the other trophy progress has been tracking properly (lock picks, teams joined, players killed, etc.).  I would definitely prefer to pick more unlocks if it meant that this trophy unlocked when it was supposed to.  Darn!

Had the same problem today. I saw the nuke over me and died. The "mission" death from avobe was completed but no trophy :(

• Like 1

On 12/23/2018 at 6:54 AM, tenike1 said:

17 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Had the same problem today. I saw the nuke over me and died. The "mission" death from avobe was completed but no trophy :(

Death from Above isn't the trophy you get for being in the blast zone, you get that notification every time someone launches a nuke on the server, regardless if you're in a blast zone or not.

Were you both in the center of the blast zone?  I recommend looking for the radiation symbol in your HUD and trying to get as dead on it as possible.  I got the trophy first try a few days ago using that method of going to where the radiation symbol showed on my HUD and when the nuke dropped I got a message in the top left of the screen saying "you were killed by *insert username* nuke"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Death from Above isn't the trophy you get for being in the blast zone, you get that notification every time someone launches a nuke on the server, regardless if you're in a blast zone or not.

Were you both in the center of the blast zone?  I recommend looking for the radiation symbol in your HUD and trying to get as dead on it as possible.  I got the trophy first try a few days ago using that method of going to where the radiation symbol showed on my HUD and when the nuke dropped I got a message in the top left of the screen saying "you were killed by *insert username* nuke"

I have a super success story!!!

As I was playing the notification that someone was launching a nuke randomly appeared.  I was filled with excitement because I would get another chance at this stupid trophy.  Excitement quickly turned in to stress because instead of launching the nuke in to Whitesprings they launched it to Cranberry Bog, a place I didn't have a fast travel point to.  I didn't have any fast travel points I could teleport to either that would place me within striking distance of running there within 3 minutes.  So I sent a team invite to a guy closest to the marker and he accepted my invite!  I kid you not that this is the first time that someone has ever accepted my invite.  The rest of the times I tried joining a random person I always got declined.  So anyway I fast traveled to him and immediately ran to the radiation symbol with about 5 seconds to spare.  The nuke drops right on top of my head and the trophy pops.

Now... for the best part.

The "Scored Earth" event appeared on my screen appeared when I respawned my character.  I am only level 27, nowhere near ready to complete this event.  However, tons of level 100+ guys show up and pretty much finish off the Scorchbeast Queen for me.  I threw all of my explosives at her even though it was pretty much pointless.  I just wanted to make sure the game credited me for my contribution.  When she died and I looted her I was sweating for that trophy to pop and I was so relieved when it finally popped.  Now the only trophy I'm really worried about glitching on me from this point forward is the level 100 unlock.

Ahh... this totally makes up for not getting the trophy the first time.  ?

• Like 1

On 24/12/2018 at 6:31 PM, Mesopithecus said:

yep, that's what I did. Went running towards the center of the blast zone when I saw the bomb falling over me. I got the message "you were killed by..." and the "mission" Death from above was completed but no trophy. I don't worry much, there's always people launching nukes to whitesprings!