PSNP 2018 Year End Awards

17 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

Hey Doc! That is very cool :)
But let me see if I understand this well, I need to choose all these awards from the trophy lists of the plats I got this year, and then post my awards here, is that it?

Yup, if you look back at the other years it will help show it off but everyone posts whatever games they platted they think will fit the awards and give a little write up (if they like) as to why they think it deserves that award.

It is just a fun way for us all to showcase our good and bad plats this year and it makes for a fun read

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

If anyone says anything other than Fallout 76 for "Biggest Bomb" I'll be quite surprised. It's become the cool trendy thing to hate on currently (justifiably so, though)

Nobody can say Fallout 76 because Bethesda protected themselves by glitching a trophy so the plat is unobtainable. ?

• Like 4

Sounds like fun. I guess I should wait until the end of December, but let's see where we stand right now...

Piece of Cake Award: Burly Men at Sea. I did this game before it was cool (free), but it's extremely easy to platinum, even without a guide.

It's Like Dark Souls: Dark Souls: Remastered. Well, it IS Dark Souls.

Bad Ass Award: Batman: Arkham Knight. I summoned GODLIKE powers one weekend in April and knocked out every annoying DLC trophy in that game, despite not having played the game for months. For that brief period of time, I WAS the Bat.

Grind of the Year: Resident Evil Revelations. This is the game that almost made me quit gaming. As bad as the KH:CoM grind has been, nothing compares to that fuckin' Raid Mode.

King of the Internet: Resident Evil Revelations. Don't let it go to your head, RER. You were the ONLY online game I played this year. But I met some cool peeps, so I guess that was fun...?

Worst Online Experience: Resident Evil Revelations. Well, you win by default again. Congrats for being an annoying slogfest that requires you to play the same stages over and over again, when they're all literally just re-skins of the main campaign. A part of me died this year, and you are to blame.

Sleeper Hit of the Year: Wow, so many choices. Celeste, Pyre, Blackwood Crossing, A Hat in Time, Yomawari: Midnight Shadows... I don't think I could give it to any one of those games, so we'll have a five-way tie!

Biggest Bomb of the Year: You know, I didn't play a lot of AAA titles this year, and I loved the ones I did... I'm just going to give it to The Swords of Ditto, which was obviously inspired by A Link to the Past, and failed MISERABLY to live up to that.

Best Trophy Image: Going to have to be another five-way tie between Valkyria Chronicles 4Resident Evil Revelations 2, Kingdom Hearts, God Wars: Future Past, and Spyro the Dragon.

1L90977a.png1L85d6d2.png1L97d524.png1Le9e9cc.png1L891f42.png

Worst Trophy Image: You know, for such a beautiful game, A Hat in Time has some ugly trophy images. I'm not even sure what the plat is supposed to be.

1Lcef974.png

Best Female Character: Hard not to give it to my girl Shantae, but Hat Kid from A Hat in Time was adorable, and she has a vocabulary barely bigger than Link's.

Best Male Character: Oh, man. I loved Barry from Resident Evil Revelations 2. Dude has to be my favorite RE character at this point.

Best Plat of the Year: Celeste. Loved SO many games this year, but the grind at the end ruins a lot of them. Not so with Celeste. There's a built-in Assist Mode that basically makes every stage trivial, so you'll never be stuck pulling your hair. Still, you'll obviously want to refrain from using that during your first playthrough, as this game is too great to be rushed.

Wurst Plat ov teh Yeer: Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure. This game is so bad that I actually put it ahead of RER, the game that almost made me quit gaming. Think about that.

Most Anticipated Plat of 2019: The Witcher 3. Should be fun.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

Piece of Cake Award:
Kingdom Hearts. Thanks PS4 remaster for not having to do every gummi ship mission. :awesome:

It's Like Dark Souls:
The closest thing for this is Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and that's only because the climbing was shit and reared it's ugly ass head on Deadly Obsession more.

Bad Ass Award:
Although I've done it before, I'm giving this one to Master of the North Atlantic for sinking Storm Fortress in Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered. :D

Grind of the Year:
Allow me a Kanye moment. *ahem* I know this doesn't count, but DanceDanceRevolution had the grindiest trophy of all 2018. :dunno: (That trophy being Trick Master)

King of the Internet:
N/A. F.E.A.R. 3 has only 1 online trophy and it's the only one I did this year...and it was like 20 minutes without issues and my co op partner had to do more than I did. Sorry @Conker :P.

Worst Online Experience:
^See King of the Internet

Sleeper Hit of the Year:
Didn't play anything this year that isn't relatively well known. 

Biggest Bomb of the Year:
Don't have any AAA I'd put here. Arcania was my biggest bomb though.

Best Trophy Image:
Best platinum image I've gotten this year is a tie between these 2.
1L44b97c.png or 1L4da7f6.png

Worst Trophy Image:
I have the usual lazy ass trophy image or the dumb check mark for HZD, but I really just don't like how blurry this image is. 
1L006f2f.png

Best Female:
Lara Croft. Aloy is a close second. Kassandra would be a very distant third.

Best Male:
Shay Patrick Cormac...really my only choice I think lol.

Best Plat of the Year:
Dragon Age: Inquisition. Aside from the fact that I have a permanent trophy picture of man ass and 1 trophy was bothersome this game was a blast to play and plat.

Worst Plat of the Year:
Arcania.

Most Anticipated Plat of 2019:
Kingdom Hearts III. 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

If anyone says anything other than Fallout 76 for "Biggest Bomb" I'll be quite surprised. It's become the cool trendy thing to hate on currently (justifiably so, though)

1 hour ago, Milktastrophe said:

Nobody can say Fallout 76 because Bethesda protected themselves by glitching a trophy so the plat is unobtainable. 1f61d.png

OK you guys bring up good points. I mean if a game is terrible why would you finish it (unless your user name is Dr_Mayus then you finish all the shitty games). I can't edit the main post because I am still getting that stupid CAPTCHA thing that prevented this thread from being posted originally but for Biggest Bomb you DON"T have to plat the game this year (just played it).

Also it looks like Burly Men at Sea might be the Mayo game of this year :P Can't say for sure but it might make an appearance on my list as well.

@Cassylvania those are some nice plat images for sure. I am really liking the Spyro ones and since Insomniac games usually have shitty plat images it is nice to see a good one for once :). Also I really need to play Hat in Time I hear nothing but great things about it.

@Beyondthegrave07 Thanks :D I always look forward to Dec 1 as this is one of my favourite threads. Also nice work on the Badass Award that is the type of shit I am talking about.

@eigen-space ugh, FF9 might be on my list as well if I can finish that jump rope trophy. I almost missed my kill trophy as I was listening to podcasts while running around on the snow field and luckily I looked up as it popped. What a stupid trophy. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

ZFFpcSC.png

Again choosing between two titles but here i name Bleach Soul Resurección which is an amazing adaption from the Anime i love but boy why?? 19 characters have to reach lx max (175) and you have to finish all sidemissions (28) with each character!! So basically i played sidemission 7 for dozens of hours until my characters were nerly max and then i rushed through every other sidemission :( ... oh and i played 3 times the story mode (easy, hard, very hard) and three times all sidemissions with Ichigo (main hero) on easy, hard and very hard... still not the worst experience, maybe plat time around 100 hours... but boring...

u5CcmMD.png

Definitely Bleach Soul Resurrección! The trophy name even more than the image though :D Yes there are other cool looking trophy images in my collection but only this game made me go for the :platinum: to unlock this images (even as :platinum: #175 :))

1S0854f5.png

This is Aizen the Antagonist and the description is: I will transcend all! And he really wants to do that... becoming someone stronger than a Shinigami (Samurai like Protector of the Undead) and a Hollow (Undead Monster) and for that he wants to sacrifice 100.000 people among other things... but he's so cool and arrogant :D ...

lol yeah this game's grind is horribly boring. They could have done away with the grind and done something else by adding more characters. Would have loved to do something with Isshin, Kisuke, or Yamamoto. (wish I had done more to remember the game and take notes because I would have made a guide for sure.)

Aside from loving the series once upon a time, I made plans to make this game my 100th plat, before I even reached 50, simply for the image...so I ended up waiting around 2 years before playing it I think. Aizen is my favorite anime villain of all time. 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

Nice! I'll do my list later.

Piece of Cake Award:

A Way Out - It's fun and short game with really easy trophy list. 

It's Like Dark Souls:

Rise of the Tomb Raider/Endurance Mode - I was trying to get 100 artifacts with + 450%  multiplier on Survivor difficulty. It didn't end well. I would usually die after picking up over 40 artifacts. My best attempt was 82, but I got killed. I'm putting this on hold because of Red Dead Redemption 2.   

Bad Ass Award:

Allenation - It took few tries, but I managed to max out character in Hardcore (permadeath) mode and to complete all story missions on Legenda difficulty. I even have it on YouTube. I also had my fail of the year in this mode. I was on last map doing master difficulty and my battery died right before horde spawned.  

Grind of the Year:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Reacon Wildlands - It took a while to max out Tier One. 

King of the Internet:

Doom - Really well made shooter living up to it's name. It was mostly fun to work on dlc trophies. It's so cool to play as demon. xD  

Worst Online Experience:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - I hate to do this to otherwise really good game, but servers are broken. I can't plat it for now. To make things even worse I already bought DLCs. 

Sleeper Hit of the Year:

A Way Out - I expected lot more people to play/plat game on this website. I'm glad it got nomination  for Best Game Direction.

Best Trophy Image: 

Rise of the Tomb Rider - I didn't finish game yet, but from games I played this year I like this platinum image most.

Worst Trophy Image:

Alienation - They were really lazy with this trophy list.   

Best Female Character: 

Lara Croft - I don't know why, but she's the only game character that I'm drooling over. I liked her on ps1 and I like her now.

Best Male Character:

Kratos -  Christopher Judge did great job bringing God of War to life.

Most Anticipated Platinum of 2019:

Red Dead Redemption 2 - It's probably optimistic to think I will get it in 2019 because I will probably leave this one for my 100th plat. I'm getting trophies way too slow to reach 100 next year.

Edited by ihadalifeb4this

16 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

lol yeah this game's grind is horribly boring. They could have done away with the grind and done something else by adding more characters. Would have loved to do something with Isshin, Kisuke, or Yamamoto. (wish I had done more to remember the game and take notes because I would have made a guide for sure.)

Aside from loving the series once upon a time, I made plans to make this game my 100th plat, before I even reached 50, simply for the image...so I ended waiting around 2 years before playing it I think. Aizen is my favorite anime villain of all time. 

I agree to that. Less grinding. Some more characters. A story even closer to the Anime with Chado, Renji and Tousen included ?

3167152826_1_2_xV40he6b.gif

xYkGfKI.png

Is going to: Fallout Shelter Funny game, a little grind and time consuming but still i like this. It dont have story but i want give this Award to this game than to any Talletale games.

gl2oT0D.png

Award is going to: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition I love this game. I have 2 platinums from this game and played this about 7-8 full times. Just for fun and checking dubbing. And yes i know its not Dark Souls, but its the closest to DS from any other my games.

bs6ooqn.png

Award is going to: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition Nope. Not gonna give this award to any other game. Nope. For me only Witcher deserv this award.

ZFFpcSC.png

And this award is going to: Tom Clancy's The Division Boring as hell game. Those all collectibles? And no stories, no cutscenes? In some point it was only runing from point a to point b for stupid collectibles. Screw this games.

9Qcj0Sn.png

And this award is going to: Titanfall 2 Very underrated game. Great story, and great multiplayer. I would say very easy platinum if NOT one stupid trophy. Who played this game then you know what it is -_-. Still great game, i hope T3 will be the same fun

cBvB66k.png

Dead Space 3 Beacuse i didnt find any coop partner, and have 0 trophies so i dont know if this count - i think not xD.

1sBtckq.png

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception I was thinking its gonna be only so-so. But it turned to be great game!

cRmi7oS.png

Tom Clancy's The Division  Its not garbage, but its for sure overhyped game. It was so boring that if i havent payed for this and i knew its easy platinum i would dropped making platinum :/.

u5CcmMD.png

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy have the best looking platinum and other trophies images. I would like to say it was hard decision beacuse also Witcher, Dishonored, God of War and otheres ahve nice looking images but for me its the best.

He3pFwi.png

Final Fantasy XV  I was also thinking about South Park. But no, FFXV have the same boring images. And SP have ugly images but still they diffrent.

1mfQCVV.png

Detroit: Become Human Kara Beacuse. Thats it.

z8JZgsh.png

God of War  Kratos. I wanted to vote for Witcher Geralt but no. Kratos deserve this better.

gnHxJFF.png

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition Like i wrote earlier, i love this game and i played for pure fun 7-8 times. And for sure its not last!

REO5sp8.png

Tom Clancy's The Division  Overhyped, repetive, boring. I want forget about this.

dhVbe0e.png

If its about game which is gonna come next year then its gonna be: Cyberpunk 2077. But if its game which it have already come, then i think gonna platinum next year Spider-Man.

Edited by A_KlR_A
placing gif
  • Like 3

Nice topic, should be a good way to review your whole year.

1. Piece of Cake Award: this one goes to BATMAN; yes, luckyly I have played a Telltale game this year, so literally no guide needed.
  2. It's like Dark Souls: definitely MONSTER HUNTER:WORLD, so sick with the crown hunting and Diablos.
  3. Bad Ass Award: I will go again with MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD, the combat actually feels really good, it feels amazing to broke the tails, horns and stuff. Specially when you master ther Charge Blade and you totally destroy Nergigante.
  4. Grind of the Year: here we go with FINAL FANTASY X. I spent half the summer on this platinum alone.
  5. King of the Internet: as usual, I had a lot of fun with DESTINY 2, specially with the last DLC. Raids is  one of those unbeatable experiences.
  6. Worst Online Experience: can I say RED DEAD ONLINE?
  7. Sleeper Hit of the Year: I would recommend VAMPYR, even though the battle is pretty simple, it really does a good work in the atmosphere and the story.
  8. Biggest Bomb of the Year: for me this was MIDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF WAR, I just didn't feel it as good as the previous one.
  9. Best Trophy Image:  1Lca7734.png
  10. Worst Trophy Image: 1L58bbbd.png
  11. Best Female Character: I liked KARA from DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN.
  12. Best Male Character: gotta be ATREUS from GOD OF WAR, love that kid.
  13. Best Plat of the Year: definitely GOD OF WAR, I just loved every single minute; got real hooked.
  14. Worst Plat of the Year: FINAL FANTASY X-2 (why is this game a thing)
  15. Most Anticipated Platinum of 2019: probably CYBERPUNK: 2077 or THE LAST OF US 2. I hope they are out by the end of 2019.

• Like 2

I think I am ready to participate in this. ^_^

Piece of Cake Award goes to: Storm Boy. To be honest, I only checked a guide to see if I was doing anything right, and I was. There was no challenge at all, it was just a "walk right, do a short no-fail game, and you get every trophy." I think the only trophy you could fail at is the one which requires you to re-enter every mini-game from the Remember mode, but even that's easy. To be fair, this is based off of a novel which I might pick up next year. ;)

It's Like Dark Souls: Alteric. The only game which I have ever decided never to plat. Only two trophies away and one requires you to complete the third world, which is impossible for me because one stage requires you to jump precisely on several switches. I am getting into middle age and my hands and eyes can't coordinate as they used to. Better to leave it. Also, the boss monster looks like a stoned Blackface. (I apologize to any Afro-Americans on this forum for the slur. :()

Bad A$$ Moment: When I finally got that one Gold Brick in LEGO Marvel Superheroes which requires you to parkour across zip lines. :D

Grind of the Year: While I didn't plat Final Fantasy XIV(though I would gladly do so in 2019 if I can figure out how to make a Square-Enix account for my current PSN account, that is, once I complete EVERYTHING in Maplestory - goodbye life xD), I can say the winner of this trophy is clearly Super Hero, Familiarologist and Mad Scientist from Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. If they ever remaster it for the PS5, I pray to DARKRAI that they add an item or buff that makes enemies drop rare items 90% of the time because spawning those damn golden familiars post-game SUXXOR.

King of the Internet: Can't nominate since I don't do multiplayer games, but I think everyone is going to blow it away with Red Dead 2. :D

Worst Online Experience: No comment.

Sleeper Hit of the Year: I think more people need to check out Celeste. I believe the reason that they didn't disable trophies by using the powerful Assist Mode was so that people could just get to the cutscenes and get the platinum without too much trouble. Not all of the trophies are easy - Assist Mode doesn't exist for the required PICO-8 trophies, which are basically 8-bit Celeste and hard to get as all balls.

Biggest Bomb of the Year: I didn't hate many games this year, so I can't comment on this. I'd say that I was disappointed by Spyro 3 not having a 100% trophy. While I would hate the game again if it forced me to complete the Super Secret Bonus Level, I got farther in the original Spyro 3 than I did in the remastered version, which really hurts. Also, Spyro 2's boss trophies stink too, but at least they kept the skill points because I loved firing a rocket into Ripto's ugly pants. (The original Ripto looked a lot cooler, the teeth don't suit his mouth.)

Best Trophy Image: I have to go with Castlevania Requiem. The image of Drac on his throne from the end of Rondo of Blood and his corny dub line in the original dub Symphony of the Night as the platinum name really brings the whole thing together. You don't have to be an artist to make a cool image.

Worst Trophy Image: I'd say Shadow of Loot Box but then again, it's a parody of online-only games so I forgive them for the lame image.

Best Female Character: Gonna put it out to Hat Kid from A Hat In Time, she is really cute!

Best Male Character: I put in Erik from Dragon Quest XI, a really cool thief character. (I haven't gotten any new characters, though. Need to get back to playing that game. xD)

Best Plat of the Year: Okay, A Hat In Time wins this. While it was also very frustrating getting all of the time pieces, the journey of Hat Kid as she recovers her hourglass fuel and the hilarious characters you run into really make the game worth a look(I might even hang myself with a short noose and buy the game on Steam with the Seal the Deal DLC just to hate myself since they won't port the Seal the Deal to PS4 xD).

Wurst Plat of the Yeer: Me and @Cassylvania are raising money to hire Agent 47 to bump off Phil after he sent us on his "epic adventure." xD Also, I want to send a dog catcher to put POWGI to sleep after he blatantly stole Disney's characters for his damn Word Search. Most of the games by Lightwood, don't suport their puzzle addicition. :P

Most Anticipated Platinum of the Year 2019: Well...

Sora.(Kingdom.Hearts).full.2336890.jpg

It's kinda obvious, isn't it? Expect me to cuss profusely as Sora is one-shot over and over forever in Critical Hit mode in worlds based on Pixar just for that "please kill me now" Critical Competitor trophy and wish I was dead to get the obvious mini-game trophies. ?

• Like 4