playing co-op by yourself

Chester-Fish

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet. You can play with multiple characters at once in co op. If you have 4 controllers you can level up 4 characters at once. All idle characters automatically teleport to the character you are actually playing as. The extra characters are mostly dead weight, unless they have minions they can summon like the voodoo shaman dude. The summoned minions are AI controlled and will still fight and tank damage for you.

Playing in co op still gives you the gold and exp bonuses you'd get from multiplayer. Made getting All that glitters is gold trophy a lot easier. I am not sure but I think when you use multiple characters from the same profile that every characters gold% and magic find item% is added up. Could be wrong.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

oh dude, it all stacks. You still get the bonuses of playing on higher difficulties, on top of getting the multiplayer bonuses. Keep in mind though, because your extra characters are gonna be mostly dead weight you probably won't be playing at the same difficulty as you would if you were using just one character. You might have to swallow a tad of pride going to a lower difficulty, but it should save you some hours of your life.  

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...