DLC affects main game

• 5 months later...
On 12/2/2018 at 6:58 PM, AUSTRALIANDJ said:

Hey all, 

Just in case this DLC goes on the cheap and a few ppl pick it up to get back to 100% it may be worth saving your money.

The trophy for extreme difficulty also relates to all the bosses from the base game. Making the difficulty quite significant.

not sure why you say that the DLC is not worth but to each his own.

for me, if you are buying the physical version off amazon, it's totally worth it since the game include the DLC all on disc for 20USD which is cheaper than 25USD digital. And the DLC is the same length as the main game. if it's trophies that you are so concerned about, isnt getting a 90+% better than leaving it at 70+% ?

9 hours ago, BuTTBR41N said:

not sure why you say that the DLC is not worth but to each his own.

for me, if you are buying the physical version off amazon, it's totally worth it since the game include the DLC all on disc for 20USD which is cheaper than 25USD digital. And the DLC is the same length as the main game. if it's trophies that you are so concerned about, isnt getting a 90+% better than leaving it at 70+% ?

Yeah man but some people would rather not start dlcs if they cant 100% them. The base game didnt require extreme mode. So that is my point. Not necessarily about the money as such. But some people may be annoyed not knowing this.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the heads up OP. I started this game a few weeks ago & made sure to keep the extreme bosses in the main game in mind. I got the platinum in a few days & was feeling pretty burned out so I spaced the DLC campaign out & got the 100% this morning.

I have to say that extreme mode is nothing to be worried about. In fact, since the main game makes you grind to max lvl I would find it quite inexplicable to learn that someone didn't grind the majority of these lvls out in extreme difficulty because the payoff is far more lucrative & it saves heaps of time. By the time I was max lvl I had naturally beaten every stage/boss on extreme ages ago. Also the extreme mode bosses give you epic ranked ships which definitely help a lot.

As far as the DLC I had thought it was a lot harder due to the loss of the double-drop crate ability which drags out already long boss fights & makes the game feel a lot worse as a result. It made things really boring & there are few things worse than being under-powered in a boss fight in this sort of game so motivation for me was really low in general but I did the grind for max lvl & it helped with the game but didn't help motivation.  Anyway a lot of this is just me being a sook, it's not actually any harder but that last DLC boss takes a horribly long time (7 minutes of 'that'!) & it was testing my patience like crazy after a few failures yesterday because I got sick of it while I was doing it. 

Anyway this morning I have a quick go at said last DLC boss & something happened. Towards the end I realised I was invincible & continued to be until the boss went down. You would think I'd be happy but it kind of pissed me off. I had grown & improved only for the game to impose a shortcut on me. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. I experienced a hollow victory. Sorry to paraphrase a meme but it's something I thought of as soon as it happened.

Update: I've uploaded a video of the glitch. You can see it happen about 2:08 in. I became possessed right at the point I died, the npc ship (with its invincibility tornado active) stepped up for me to control for a split second then I re-spawned, gaining the invincibility the NPC ship would have, but on the main ship. Anyway here is the video:

Spoiler

I can't do youtube at the moment, alternatives all had issues & the one that worked has some really sketchy content if you go looking around so be aware of that & please don't click the link while you're at work or around your woke friends. With that said my video has no commentary & is just game footage:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/GYLeqZdl3zm7/

Edited by Drag-On-Detritus
Added a better explanation & video of glitch
  • Like 2