aiming a gun sucks

blackburnfan19

am i the only one who hates that aiming a gun and shooting a gun are with the same finger? should i be using a lefty control setup cause im using the arcade setup and the aiming is the right stick and shooting is square which just doesnt make sense. it makes it impossible to shoot. i then changed the buttons through the ps4 but when i get grabbed and it says press square i have to remember that square isnt square and it makes the game near unplayable for me.

Aiming in the first game is absolute trash trust me, but in the later games they improve upon it greatly. From 2 on you can run and shoot at the same time. But here's the best tip I could give you, don't worry about guns. Get the small chainsaw (after defeating Adam the clown) and the engineer, entertainment, and criminal biography books and you have pretty much the most OP weapon in the game. 

• Like 1

Yeah! I recently picked up the bundle sale also. I love the Dead Rising games (I'm sad that we'll never get 3 though). Adam is actually pretty easy. Stock up on guns (you can actually find a good sub machine gun in the food court) and keep your distance from him, wait for him to blow up the balloons and then shoot the balloons which will stun him and give you an opportunity to attack all in. DO NOT shoot at him if he isn't stunned because he will always deflect the bullets. Defeating him also unlocks a shortcut between plazas (provided the survivor tied to this battle survives)

2 hours ago, Fallen_Chaos_ said:

Aiming in the first game is absolute trash trust me, but in the later games they improve upon it greatly. From 2 on you can run and shoot at the same time. But here's the best tip I could give you, don't worry about guns. Get the small chainsaw (after defeating Adam the clown) and the engineer, entertainment, and criminal biography books and you have pretty much the most OP weapon in the game. 

This right here is the best tip! Guns are almmost useless. Clown chainsaws with the right magazines are great.

• 2 years later...

Frank auto targets in TPV, don’t worry about FPV unless it’s a hunched over enemy because the auto targeting will miss. Focus in one direction, pop off shots, focus in the other direction, clear out any zombie flanking you.

That or Adam’s small chainsaw with three books.