Anyone else want a game similar to L.A Noire?

ObsiEez

Just like the title says, would anyone else be interested in another game like L.A Noire or would like to see a second L.A Noire? I can't be alone on this, I think L.A Noire was such an amazing game but there a very little games out there that are like it even now, the closest I could think on PS4 would be Sherlock Holmes but that's literally the only one I can think of. Shame we'll more than likely never see another L.A Noire but I really hope another studio makes a game similar to how L.A Noire played because it was so good

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Just like the title says, would anyone else be interested in another game like L.A Noire or would like to see a second L.A Noire? I

I try to get into LA NOIRE twice but it just didn't grab me. If there was another LA NOIRE then maybe I could give it a try. I've been wrong before on some first games in a series like Assassins creed. The first one was ass and I couldnt fininsh it also but as for AC2 I platinumed both the PS3 and PS4 versions.

So to answer your question YES. I wouldn't mind getting stuck into that era openworld.

I would also like a sequel or some kind of game like it. Definitely something in the 40's-60's, maybe a bit further but nothing too far where there's smartphones and stuff like that. Or just go with a futuristic setting and have something like Snatcher.

41 minutes ago, Feral said:

I'd definitely like to see more games like L.A Noire since it was one of my favourite PS3 games. Unfortunate that Team Bondi went bust so there won't ever be a sequel.

Well, it is possible for Rockstar to create a sequel. They did manage to develop the 3rd Max Payne game even though the other 2 were made by another company (albeit Rockstar published). 

Yes, I would love to see one and a sequel. A mix of open world and decision making plus combat. After Red Dead Redemption 2, let's just hope Rockstar makes the sequel and it doesn't even have to have the same characters or setting. Like the next one can be in New York around the 40s or early 50s.

3 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy is a good mystery/detective skills game. I 100% that back when I was on 360 years ago

I might check that one out!.

-----------------------

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments is a great game and similar to LA Noire, if you haven't played it yet (it is also on discount right now!)

7 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy is a good mystery/detective skills game. I 100% that back when I was on 360 years ago

I make sure to check that out thank you!

6 hours ago, FranciRoosters said:

I would, but a less repetitive and more diverse experience would be more fun.

Yeah I get that, the gameplay can be a bit repetitive sometimes and all the murder cases were roughly the same thing over & over again.

6 hours ago, DF007gamer said:

I try to get into LA NOIRE twice but it just didn't grab me. If there was another LA NOIRE then maybe I could give it a try. I've been wrong before on some first games in a series like Assassins creed. The first one was ass and I couldnt fininsh it also but as for AC2 I platinumed both the PS3 and PS4 versions.

So to answer your question YES. I wouldn't mind getting stuck into that era openworld.

Yeah the first AC wasn't that great but everything after that until Black Flag was amazing & Yeah I can get why it wouldn't grab you, L.A Noire is kind of a slow game & panders to a pretty small demographic

4 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I would also like a sequel or some kind of game like it. Definitely something in the 40's-60's, maybe a bit further but nothing too far where there's smartphones and stuff like that. Or just go with a futuristic setting and have something like Snatcher.

Yeah I'd like to see one around those times aswell since I always love the 50's-60's setting in video games & movies but yeah I get you on the futuristic thing since I'm not a huge fan of games set way into the future.

4 hours ago, Feral said:

I'd definitely like to see more games like L.A Noire since it was one of my favourite PS3 games. Unfortunate that Team Bondi went bust so there won't ever be a sequel.

Like the guy below you said, there is still an extremely EXTREMELY thin chance that it could still get a sequel

3 hours ago, ARH65512 said:

Well, it is possible for Rockstar to create a sequel. They did manage to develop the 3rd Max Payne game even though the other 2 were made by another company (albeit Rockstar published). 

Yes, I would love to see one and a sequel. A mix of open world and decision making plus combat. After Red Dead Redemption 2, let's just hope Rockstar makes the sequel and it doesn't even have to have the same characters or setting. Like the next one can be in New York around the 40s or early 50s.

Yeah I'm hoping Rockstar cracks down more on sequel's after the success of Red Dead, like Bully since that is forever my favorite rockstar game. I'm pretty sure Rockstar still owns the rights to L.A Noire so hopefully if they go on a sequel making binge they decide to make another L.A Noire, but if they do I hope they don't half ass it & stay true to the original & honor it.

3 hours ago, bpmotard said:

I might check that one out!.

-----------------------

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments is a great game and similar to LA Noire, if you haven't played it yet (it is also on discount right now!)

Yeah Crime's & Punishments, had it on PS3, it was pretty fun but I remember going for the plat on my old account & after you know what happen's in that case the game it's extremely boring imo. I might pick it up again since it's been awhile but I still remember most of the shit that happened in the cases sadly

• Like 1

Well there was a remaster of LA Noire so maybe we'll see a sequel. I would really love another detective game like LA Noire with some changes. Some more variation in gameplay would be welcome though and the last two desks story wasn't really my up of tea, although I respect for what they were going for with the last part of the story. I would say Condemened 2 had some detective like parts but it's not the main focus of the game as it's more a horror game although it started my interest in detective games.

4 hours ago, ARH65512 said:

It's possible sure but do you really think Rockstar would take the gamble of doing a sequel after the first one cost so much it sent a studio bankrupt, doubtful. Maybe they will who knows, they enjoy pulling rabbits out of their hat but I won't hold my breath.

2 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

turn on the menu music to LA Noir and turn the lights off while rain hits the window. Pour yourself a drink and its honestly one of the most relaxing things ever.

That does sound pretty awesome especially the drinking bit lol. Definitely give it a go.

29 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Like the guy below you said, there is still an extremely EXTREMELY thin chance that it could still get a sequel.

Yeah, never know Rockstar could be working on one now. They are more secretive than the CIA at times. Just very doubtful though unfortunately.

38 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

*raises hand*

Yep. L.A. Noire was pretty much the only Rockstar Game I actually liked/played.

I haven't played the PS4 version yet but I will once I get through .hack//G.U. Last Recode and Sonic Forces (curse my large gaming backlog. Seriously. 1f622.png)

But chances of it happening are clearly 0 now. 1f620.png

Damn I feel you on the backlog, I have about 20-30ish games in my backlog that I started & never finished & about another 30ish games I've bought & haven't played yet. I bought Final Fantasy 9 on release & still haven't played it, over a year later. Rockstar has quite a few good games but the main ones I love are L.A Noire & Bully (Bully being my all time favorite. & I'm currently going through .Hack aswell, I LOVED playing it on PS2 as a kid & have so many fond memories over it, but playing it again now I don't like it as much since it's really repetitive, especially because the volumes are heavily focused on the arena for all 3 (not sure about Volume 4, all I know is that it isn't long)

29 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I would like to see a sequel or something similar set in the same era as L.A. Noire. I am considering getting the PS4 version to play again. I would be on board for more games set in the 40's- 50's with the detective theme.

I agree, I love that setting so much, it's honestly just a shame that there aren't a lot of games with the 40-60's detective setting since I love it so so much.

1 hour ago, ObsiEez said:

Damn I feel you on the backlog, I have about 20-30ish games in my backlog that I started & never finished & about another 30ish games I've bought & haven't played yet. I bought Final Fantasy 9 on release & still haven't played it, over a year later. Rockstar has quite a few good games but the main ones I love are L.A Noire & Bully (Bully being my all time favorite. & I'm currently going through .Hack aswell, I LOVED playing it on PS2 as a kid & have so many fond memories over it, but playing it again now I don't like it as much since it's really repetitive, especially because the volumes are heavily focused on the arena for all 3 (not sure about Volume 4, all I know is that it isn't long)

Yeah I'm on Volume 3 right now so I'm almost to Volume 4 and I seriously can't wait. ?

But that's off-topic.

Yes another L.A. Noire-type game please.

i loved the la noire crime solving aspect, but didn't like that it was more or less impossible to fail since there was really only one main storyline and it would pretty much continue regardless. i'd love to see an la noire style game with a heavy rain/detroit style open narrative

Yes, I'd absolutely love to play a L.A. Noire sequel. It's one of my favorite PS3 games of all times, and after I finished it I searched for another similar game to fill in the gap L.A. Noire left but I couldn't find one. I even bought Murdered: Soul Suspect because I read it was also a good detective game but I didn't like it that much - L.A. Noire set the bar high for crime solving games, in my opinion.

On 12/3/2018 at 10:34 PM, AJC3317 said:

i loved the la noire crime solving aspect, but didn't like that it was more or less impossible to fail since there was really only one main storyline and it would pretty much continue regardless. i'd love to see an la noire style game with a heavy rain/detroit style open narrative

I highly agree. An easy way to do it would be have it how Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishment does it where you have to piece together the evidence yourself & you can end up piecing irrelevant clues together to point to the wrong person & end up accusing them or end up piecing together the right evidence & root out the irrelevant ones & accuse the right person, either way the story moves on. It also makes you put way more thought into what you're collecting & how they're connected rather than hearing a little ding & instantly knowing "hey this item is important". Another cool concept would be a VR detective game where it doesn't ding or give clues as to which items are useful to the case or not & it just throws you into a case & you have to go through scenes as if I real detective would where EVERY item is interactive & you have to write down or take pictures of the clues & they get added to your notebook etc. & anyone involved can be accused & it all just goes based off what you can figure out.

14 hours ago, claraidk said:

Yes, I'd absolutely love to play a L.A. Noire sequel. It's one of my favorite PS3 games of all times, and after I finished it I searched for another similar game to fill in the gap L.A. Noire left but I couldn't find one. I even bought Murdered: Soul Suspect because I read it was also a good detective game but I didn't like it that much - L.A. Noire set the bar high for crime solving games, in my opinion.

It sure as hell did & no one wants to touch the genre now sadly

• 4 weeks later...