2019 New Year's Resolution, video game style

IntroPhenom

1: Top 2018s count of platinum (so about 30 plats in 2019)

2: average completion of 65% (currently at nearly 58%, so not far away)

3: Reach 75 plat milestone (currently 54, so reachable if I manage goal 1)

4: Get my E ranks below 10

5: if possible cut down every backlog category to below 30 games (meaning at least 7 PS3 games and 30 PS4 games if I don't buy anything new)

A lot of goals but some of them should be no problem, I guess. Even though I want to cut down gaming a bit to concentrate on my other hobbies more again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

-Finish My Wii U Collection
-Finish my Nintendo Wii Collection
-Get more platinums then 2018(hopefully)
-Maybe finish my Nintendo 3DS collection

Those 3 systems are fairly close to the end of me buying games for them so probably after Kingdom hearts 3 releases I might not buy too many PS4 games and try to finish buying games for those systems. PS3 is fairly close to the end as well.
 There were more games I wanted on the Wii U, but a lot of them got ported to the Switch so I'll just buy them for that system whenever I get it.

• Like 1

1. Play all Yakuza games.

2. Finally find time to platinum both new gen Castlevania Lords of Shadow.

3. Git gut in Gran Turismo, prolly aiming to plat it in the process.

4. Platinum Code Veronica X, or at least make maximum what I can with EU version.

5. Enjoy RE2, Sekiro, Bloodstained and Lou 2.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

The things I really want to accomplish are to finish every game that I'll start next year and a few of the games that I started and abandoned throughout the years. I'm hoping to reduce my unearned trophies and to increase my completion rate this way.

• Like 1

Like a few people here, I want to buy less games/beat the games I own.  This year was pretty productive in that.  I'm in the positive of games bought: games beaten/completed.

On that note, complete more games.  I used to be better at sitting down and doing optional fights and getting the ultimate gear and abilities.  Now I'll just grab whatever makes my character a broken mess and steam roll the main story with that.

• Like 1

Hmm, New Year's Resolution for 2019? But gaming related... If there is one I could think of is, it would probably be, to manage to stay afloat in these hard economic times I'm living through in order to continue enjoying gaming. :)

2018 was a pretty good year overall. I managed to get back into the hobby and made a pretty decent amount of progress as far as Platinums and game collecting goes. Got lots of PS3 games for my shelves (when they were affordable to get locally...), got both a steering wheel and an arcade stick to enjoy two of the genres I love the most, finally got a Vita myself and, to really crown the year, folks here were exceptionally kind to get me started on a PS4, some games, and even a T-shirt too. Holy, now that I think about it, this has been my most glorious gaming year ever O_O

Yeah, I probably didn't reach the Platinums (125) and completion rate (85%) I was aiming for but I got great friends and a number of happy memories in the process. And I think that's much more important. I also did a pretty decent effort towards my Platinum count compared to previous years so hey, not all is lost. ;)

All in all, even if shit has hit the fan for the last few months and things are exceptionally brutal here economically speaking, I only want things to stay the same for me as far as gaming goes. It was a great year and I hope 2019 will bring even more exciting and cheerful memories for me. :D

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 1

I did some goals for this year that ended in varying levels of success (post here). For next year I'll try to strike a better balance between being realistic while still pushing myself. Let's see...

• Reach a total of 280 platinums
  • Reach PSN level 50
  • Raise completion to 94%
  • Have fewer than 750 unearned trophies
  • Complete all of the games in my PS3 backlog that I still want to play/get back to (this one is pretty vague, but I'll know if I've achieved this by the end of the year)

I could make more specific goals aimed at certain games or a series, but I don't want to limit myself too much. 

• Like 2