PSN Down?

DarkLordSHTR

Probably the reason why I got my PSNP purged. After attempting to update it, there was a message which just said "starting" for a few seconds which I found weird, since it usually just goes straight to being "in queue". Then it said that my profile is probably private, which it isn't. Guess the API returned an empty json or something, and now my trophies are gone in here. Well, should be alright once PSN is up again.

Edited by PetrCobra
typo

3 minutes ago, PetrCobra said:

Probably the reason why I got my PSNP purged. After attempting to update it, there was a message which just said "starting" for a few seconds which I found weird, since it usually just goes straight to being "in queue". Then it said that my profile is probably private, which it isn't. Guess the API returned an empty json or something, and now my trophies are gone in here. Well, should be alright once PSN is up again.

Yes, PSNP wouldn't be able to fetch trophy data while services are down, so it probably sees the 'undefined stats' as being 0 trophies. Fortunately, PSNP keeps backups of profiles, so you wouldn't be flagged when you trophies reappear. 

14 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Yes, PSNP wouldn't be able to fetch trophy data while services are down, so it probably sees the 'undefined stats' as being 0 trophies. Fortunately, PSNP keeps backups of profiles, so you wouldn't be flagged when you trophies reappear. 

I'm not really worried about being flagged, since the trophies are timestamped on Sony's side. However, the updating is now enabled and it still won't update my trophies anyway. That is a bit strange, I'll admit :-)

Why can't you earn non-online trophies when PSN is down. It should be loaded into the game.

I earn Vita trophies in Ad-hoc....

Sometimes the list is not up on the server, but you can still earn trophies even though you can't see em....

Edited by Kishnabe

2 hours ago, PetrCobra said:

I'm not really worried about being flagged, since the trophies are timestamped on Sony's side. However, the updating is now enabled and it still won't update my trophies anyway. That is a bit strange, I'll admit :-)

So, just in case someone gets a similar issue in the future and won't be able to find any clues like me, but happens to stumble upon this thread:

I just had to get some new trophies. Started a game I never played before, got some trophies real quick and after an update all my trophies are there. Not quite sure how exactly this works. I thought maybe PSNP requests just trophies earned since the last time it updated the profile, which would make sense. Why download the whole list every time, right? Then again, if that was the case, I wouldn't get the old trophies back. Maybe it also checks the level and redownloads the whole list if that doesn't match. Or maybe my previous attempts were just a bit too early and I could've just waited a bit longer.

Anyway, nice to see that such errors are self-repairable and no manual action is required.

• Like 1