DarkLordSHTR

PSN Down?

23 posts in this topic

can't play because i'm not connected :(. 

edit: can get back on. i'll have to fix it later to use the other console.

Edited by kingdrake2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see my friend list but at least I'm downloading some updates...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this won't screw a trophy I had earned during a session like an hour ago

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I hope this won't screw a trophy I had earned during a session like an hour ago

Probably won’t. Just can’t sync it until the server comes back up.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the reason why I got my PSNP purged. After attempting to update it, there was a message which just said "starting" for a few seconds which I found weird, since it usually just goes straight to being "in queue". Then it said that my profile is probably private, which it isn't. Guess the API returned an empty json or something, and now my trophies are gone in here. Well, should be alright once PSN is up again.

Edited by PetrCobra
typo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PetrCobra said:

Probably the reason why I got my PSNP purged. After attempting to update it, there was a message which just said "starting" for a few seconds which I found weird, since it usually just goes straight to being "in queue". Then it said that my profile is probably private, which it isn't. Guess the API returned an empty json or something, and now my trophies are gone in here. Well, should be alright once PSN is up again.

Yes, PSNP wouldn't be able to fetch trophy data while services are down, so it probably sees the 'undefined stats' as being 0 trophies. Fortunately, PSNP keeps backups of profiles, so you wouldn't be flagged when you trophies reappear. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Yes, PSNP wouldn't be able to fetch trophy data while services are down, so it probably sees the 'undefined stats' as being 0 trophies. Fortunately, PSNP keeps backups of profiles, so you wouldn't be flagged when you trophies reappear. 

I'm not really worried about being flagged, since the trophies are timestamped on Sony's side. However, the updating is now enabled and it still won't update my trophies anyway. That is a bit strange, I'll admit :-)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't view my trophies via ps4 about half an hour ago. Same with the psn store, from the ps4.

It's working again now though.
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

Playing but trophies won't pop

 

Yeah happened to me too. Two trophies didn’t unlock during the downtime. Only thing I can do is download an older save and do it again. :/ 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seemed to be fine when I was checking my PS4 earlier.

 

But as for now... no clue. 😓

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dell9300 said:

 

Yeah happened to me too. Two trophies didn’t unlock during the downtime. Only thing I can do is download an older save and do it again. :/ 

Sucks, doesn't it?  Bummed....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can't you earn non-online trophies when PSN is down. It should be loaded into the game.

 

I earn Vita trophies in Ad-hoc....

 

Sometimes the list is not up on the server, but you can still earn trophies even though you can't see em....

Edited by Kishnabe
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should have earned the PS4 trophies. I would reload the trophy list, sometimes it takes a time or two before it recognizes the offline trophies. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be okay now.

 

I was on my PS4 testing it with my Powerline Network Adapter and it seemed to work okay? 😓 (PSN I mean)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PetrCobra said:

I'm not really worried about being flagged, since the trophies are timestamped on Sony's side. However, the updating is now enabled and it still won't update my trophies anyway. That is a bit strange, I'll admit :-)

So, just in case someone gets a similar issue in the future and won't be able to find any clues like me, but happens to stumble upon this thread:

 

I just had to get some new trophies. Started a game I never played before, got some trophies real quick and after an update all my trophies are there. Not quite sure how exactly this works. I thought maybe PSNP requests just trophies earned since the last time it updated the profile, which would make sense. Why download the whole list every time, right? Then again, if that was the case, I wouldn't get the old trophies back. Maybe it also checks the level and redownloads the whole list if that doesn't match. Or maybe my previous attempts were just a bit too early and I could've just waited a bit longer.

 

Anyway, nice to see that such errors are self-repairable and no manual action is required.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.