SnowbellKitty

PS4 wishlist and other matters

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. So, I keep saying this, this is my third PSN ID, it's almost a year old now. I did this because I wanted a new nickname and for other reasons. That said, I've been trying to catch up to myself (to my former account), which has 32 platinums and about 3.000 trophies total (PS3 trophies). As you can see, I'm halfway there where totals are concerned. But I think I am too tired of the PS3 to go on, so what should I do? Do I just finish the games I've already started (and it will be a long time still even then to finish these last few ones) and finally migrate already, regardless of tying with my former totals/plats or not (besides, I'll buy some PS3 titles for PS4 just because they are good titles, meaning I'd get the same trophies twice for a few games I've replayed on PS3 on this account), or should I keep playing on PS3 for one more year even though I'm sick of it and most of the games?

I was thinking that maybe 25 plats and 1800 to 2000 trophies total would be an OK "catch up" to my former 32/3000, so then I could finally migrate. A lot of games won't be on my trophy history anymore, if I do this. Such as MGS4, MGS3, the Uncharted trilogy, Resident Evil (all of them, but I'll get all REs on PS4 again anyway, just wouldn't have some stacked trophies from different gens in this case). Anyway, let me know what you guys think,

I intend to go fully digital with the PS4, but with Sony's historically terrible moderation, and present time illnesses such as political correctness, SJW/femitard cultures, etc..., how safe is it really to buy everything digitally and not have your account unfairly banned later on?

Lastly, here's my PS4 wishlist. Let me know if I forgot something good/great, from all these past years:

Assassin's Creed Triple Pack:
Black Flag, Unity, Syndicate (if story DLCs are not part of this pack, I'll get each game separately with their respective Season Passes);

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ultimate Edition;

Assassin's Creed Origins Gold Edition;

Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection;

Batman: Arkham Collection;

BioShock The Collection (tired of them, but they are still incredible games);

Bloodborne Complete Edition bundle (I'm not sure I'll like this or the Dark Souls trilogy. Too dark for me, the combat system is still unfamiliar to me, and the infamous difficulty of these series might be too overwhelming for my tastes);

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection;

CONTROL;

Dark Souls: Remastered;

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin;

Dark Souls III Deluxe Edition;

Dead Island Definitive Collection (I'm not a big fan of this one);

Death Stranding;

Detroit: Become Human;

Dishonored: The Complete Collection;

F1 2018 (might change this to F1 2019 if they release it sooner or if I get too busy collecting cooler games first) ;

Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition;

Far Cry 4 Gold Edition (PS3 favorite);

Far Cry 5 Gold Edition (with Far Cry 3);

Far Cry: New Dawn (TBA);

Far Cry Primal: Digital Apex Edition;

Farming Simulator 17: Premium Edition;

Firewatch;

Telltale's Game Of Thrones;

Ghost of Tsushima;

God of War: Digital Deluxe Edition (not a fan of the originals, but this one seems to be a lot better);

Grand Theft Auto V;

Grim Fandango: Remastered;

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice;

Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition (I can't wait to finally play this one);

Indigo Prophecy;

inFAMOUS Second Son (not a big fan, even though I got the plats of the PS3 originals on my former PSN account);

inFAMOUS First Light;

Journey;

Just Cause 3;

Just Cause 4;

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Deluxe Edition;

LEGO Harry Potter Collection (I might pass on this one. Jurassic World and The Force Awakens are my PS3 favorites, and these ones are not);

LEGO Jurassic World;

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2: Deluxe Edition;

LEGO Marvel's Avengers: Deluxe Edition;

LEGO STAR WARS: The Force Awakens - Deluxe Edition;

Life is Strange;

Life is Strange: Before the Storm;

Life is Strange 2: The Complete Season;

Marvel's Spider-Man: Digital Deluxe Edition;

Mirror's Edge Catalyst;

Níer Automata IBM not into anime at all, but this game seems to have a good reputation);

Persona 5 (anime again, but it seems great);

Project Cars 2: Deluxe Edition (I am an ex Gran Turismo fan who became disappointed by it after its iterations GT5 and GT6. Trying to find something new and hopefully better. I'm not sure Project Cars fits the bill or not. I might wait on Project Cars 3 and see if it impresses more than this one);

Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition;

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Deluxe Edition;

Resident Evil 7;

Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 bundle (not a big fan of paralell-to-main-canonical-timeline RE games. For example, Survivor and Dead Aim were horrible, and so were Outbreak and Outbreak File #2. With that in mind, what do you guys think of Revelations?);

Resident Evil Triple Pack (4, 5, 6, I'm tired of them from playing too much the PS3 versions, but it's the Resident Evil collection);

Resident Evil: Deluxe Origins Bundle (at this moment, best games of the franchise in my opinion, specially the REmake. I had a GameCube though, so it's for the collection aspect again);

Resident Evil Code Veronica Ex (if 4 hasn't aged well, this one is even worse at that);

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration;

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Croft Edition;

Skull & Bones;

Telltale's Tales from the Borderlands;

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition (I am not sure about this one. Resident Evil spiders are worse, but in Skyrim, there are a lot more of them. I actually never fully played Oblivion because of the Daedra Spiders);

The Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls Collection (PS3 favorites);

The Last Guardian;

The Last of Us: Remastered (PS3 favorite. Tired of the game, but the story is timeless and awesome);

The Last of Us - Part II;

The Telltale Batman Bundle;

The Unfinished Swan;

The Walking Dead Collection - Telltale Series;

The Walking Dead: Final Season (if available);

The Witcher III - Wild Hunt: Complete Edition (just like it is with Horizon Zero Dawn, I can't wait to play this one. These two and RDR2 will definitely be my first three PS4 games);;

The Wolf Among Us (another PS3 favorite. Shame about Season 2, huh?);

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection;

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End;

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy;

Watch Dogs: Gold Edition (not sure I will get this one. I'll probably never get PS Plus, so I wouldn't be able to plat it again. And it's not a good game);

Watch Dogs 2: Gold Edition;

What Remains of Edith Finch;

Yakuza 0 (not sure I still like SEGA. I loved them back in their Master System and Mega Drive Eras, but I passed on the Saturn. Yakuza seems so crazy though, enough to catch anyone's attention, and the side activities, such as owning and managing businesses seem to be cool);

Yakuza Kiwami;

Yakuza Kiwami 2;

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life.

Edited by ShepardNMDY

It sounds like you made this account before Sony announced they'd let people have one name change for free, but... is there anything stopping you from reverting back to your old account and just renaming that one? I could understand not wanting to do that if you had made a new account to replay games for the trophies, but it sounds like you did it just for the name change (unless I misread something) and replaying everything is just a chore at this point.

Regardless, you should do what feels fun. If PS3 isn't fun right now, move on. When you get nostalgia for PS3, there's no reason why you couldn't go back, right?

As far as your list goes, the only ones I've played are The Unfinished Swan and The Wolf Among Us (though I played it on Vita), and they were both amazing. I don't think I have anything to recommend as our tastes seem different based on the things you've listed, but you can ask about anything on my profile if you're interested :D

And the only thing you'll have to do is make sure not to use slurs, offensive language, or threats in messages to people. I've heard people getting month-long bans just for calling someone a bitch...

But I haven't heard of Sony just banning people for controversy unless it involved the above. Should be fine... but the other thing is to make sure you don't do credit card chargebacks. They'll ban people immediately for that.

Edited by eigen-space

Thank you guys. I will do just that then, I won't be replaying the majority of my 88 PS3 games collection in this account. I'll just finish what I have already restarted, like Black Flag, Tomb Raider Underworld and Gran Turismo 6, and also maybe get the last three to five plats that I still can get, with two or three LEGO games I'm yet to replay, and AC3 Liberation and AC Rogue. I hate these ACs though, so I might skip them. I was also trying to accumulate UbiSoft Club points for the PS4, but UbiSoft changed the points policy now, they will expire on March 31, 2019, so screw UbiSoft then, the true new EA in my opinion.

Then there's the Mass Effect 3 plat, which I never tried to get before (and I think it's pretty much impossible to succeed at it too), but I'd like to try for it at least once.

All of these will still take a few months to do them, but then, I'll just migrate once I am done. I have to give my PS3 away once I am done, so that I pay less than 800 dollars on the PS4 Pro here where I live. So, with or without Mass Effect 3's plat (which would be cool, considering my ID... but at least I already got the plats on M.E. 1 and 2 😊), I'll just migrate when the time comes.

@Beyondthegrave07

I'll check out the games you suggested, and if they are good I'll add them to my list. Thank you.

I forgot to add Skull & Bones, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and CONTROL before myself, but these have been rectified now.

As for indie games, I am not much of a fan of the indie market, be it games or movies/TV, but I thought "Firewatch", "Journey", "The Unfinished Swan" and "What remains of Edith Finch" were indie titles. Maybe I was mistaken though.

Edited by ShepardNMDY

I noticed quite a few games on your wishlist that you noted you weren't a fan of. Focus on the ones you like, it'll make the experience more enjoyable that slogging through games you're   not stoked on playing. 

Good luck to you, I don't think I could start fresh like that.

@Sofa King

Thank you. Yeah I know. Like, I don't know if the combat mechanics of Dark Souls and Bloodborne are for me or not, or their infamous difficulty. I just put them there for when I run out of things to play/buy later on, and also because of the praise they have. I mean, the wishlist is pretty much 90% AAA games from what I have seen and heard from YouTube and elsewhere.

Stuff like The Ezio Trilogy, Arkham collection, BioShock collection, most of the Resident Evil games, The Last of Us Remastered and others are just PS3 favorites, so they'll be repeat purchases, and repetitive games ugh. It's always nice to have them though.

But my three first games will definitely be PS4 exclusives. I am already decided on Horizon Zero Dawn, The Witcher III and RDR2 (not an exclusive, but not one that is on PS3, so it's a PS4 game), in this order. I can't wait. 😊

Edited by ShepardNMDY

Guys, I was just reminded of the "Defender" trophy in Mass Effect 3. So, because it's an online trophy, it's multiplayer dependable (and I generally don't care about multiplayer trophies and multiplayer game modes for that matter), so even if I can/could beat the the game on Insanity, I will never get the platinum trophy anyway thanks to "Defender". And because I'm rushing to score the last few trophies with the PS3 before giving it away, maybe it's best to not even try Insanity in this game, as that would waste a lot of time, plus I think the banshees make this mode impossible. I'll just try the 5000 kills one and be done with my beloved series, which inspired the nickname of this account.

Also, "Defender" might be unobtainable by now anyway, considering Andromeda has been around for a longtime and the PS3 servers might not be active any longer, but this is just a guess.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Planning to have this PSN ID as my definitive one, here are some thoughts:

PS3 games I shouldn't have replayed on this account because they're on my PS4 wishlist, which means the unearned trophies will stack up:

AC4 Black Flag;

Far Cry 3;

Far Cry 4;

The Last Of Us;

Tomb Raider.

I was replaying UbiSoft games for the Ubi points too, but they will now expire, so this was a waste of time. As for the unearned trophies, if they are multiplayer ones for the most part, I really don't care about them. Stacking them up though is a bad move, but oh well, I'm (probably) not starting a new PSN ID over that matter.

Planning ahead:

PS3 plats I once had and that I'm probably going to postpone getting them later (but this time with the PS4 versions of the games) are:

BioShock (it was hard though, so ugh!);

BioShock Infinite (last battle is hard 🙄);

Assassin's Creed III Liberation (hate it);

Assassin's Creed Rogue (hate it);

LEGO Marvel Super-Heroes;

LEGO Harry Potter years 5-7;

Plats I won't get again due to lack of time, since I intend to give the PS3 away in February 2019, and also lack of patience, because these games are big chores and because I don't like some of them, are:

MGS3 Snake Eater;

Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time;

inFAMOUS (hate it);

inFAMOUS 2 (hate it);

Portal 2 (unobtainable state);

According to my PS4 wishlist, these plats will probably stack up with getting the PS4 version:

Assassin's Creed II;

Beyond: Two Souls;

Game of Thrones;

Heavy Rain;

L.A. Noire;

LEGO Harry Potter years 1-4 (not on my wish list, but because of years 5-7 missing from replaying the PS3 version, the first game will stack up, as you can't buy just one of the games without the other on PS4);

LEGO Jurassic World (favorite);

LEGO STAR WARS: The Force Awakens (favorite, although it has a terrible glitch in it);

The Walking Dead Season 1;

The Wolf Among Us.

So I guess in the end all of this will more than compensate my former 32/3000~ (plats/totals) score on the PS3, right? (Also considering that I am currently at 25/1589 on this account)

Edited by ShepardNMDY

So I have recovered pretty much all of my platinums now! Including what I've cited before, that I was yet to replay. And, what do you know, I got the Mass Effect 3 plat, so... WOO! 😊

My former totals were 32/~3000, now in my current PSN ID, they're sitting at 39/2195. So, that means I recovered my 32 plats and added seven new ones to boot. I had never gotten the plats in six of these before now. They are:

Gran Turismo 6;

Far Cry 4;

Mass Effect 3;

Alien: Isolation*;

F1 2014*;

Life Is Strange*;

*= "Last minute purchase". I was expecting to trade in my PS3 and all of its 88 games (for the PS4) back in February, (but it didn't happen 😥) and I bought these three new games on Xmas season 2018. I was done with all of these new games' trophies by January.

Plats I have not rearned/recovered, and why:

BioShock*;

BioShock Infinite*;

*= postponed. I got the PS4 versions of these games, so I can try them again at a later date, plus, this trilogy is a classic and a masterpiece, can't live without it.

Hitman: Absolution. I can't be bothered with this one. The hard mode is too hard, disguise system is a joke (you get recognized instantly), etc...;

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I got this PoP trilogy PS2 remaster and the Splinter Cell PS2 trilogy too... I just don't enjoy PS2 games anymore;

Portal 2. Platinum is now in an unobtainable state. Thanks Valve... not!

So, the BioShocks are hard, but I can try them again later. That means I virtually recovered all my plats, except for three of them (but compensated these with seven new ones anyway, for a total of four extra completed games). Mission accomplished? 😊 And my plat #40 will be a PS4 one, how cool is that? Now I just have to wait on some money to finally get the console, and yeah, no prediction as to when it will come by.

PS4 games I already own (physical medias):

Horizon Zero Dawn CE;

The Witcher III WH CE;

RDR2;

Persona 5;

Assassin's Creed - The Ezio Collection;

BioShock - The Collection;

Resident Evil : Origins (0 and REmake);

Resident Evil 4.

I hope the PS4 can help me get to at least the 5000 trophies mark, but I don't know if that is even possible. If with 2195 trophies I am at almost 40 plats, then with 80 plats I'd still be well under 5000 total. I guess we'll see what happens. 😊😎

P.S.: games I have not replayed on this account and that I wish I had, or had had the time to rearn most of their trophies:

Metal Gear Solid 4;

G.T.A IV;

I could still do these, but I don't know how much time I'll still have with the PS3. G.T.A IV + its DLCs would require months of gameplay to unlock all* trophies (minus the multiplayer ones).

Edited by ShepardNMDY