Greatest Disappointment of the Year 2018!

ARIXANDRE

We had some great games in 2018, but some, although not terrible, just weren't what we expected or wanted them to be.

What game let you down in 2018?

My personal choice is BATTLEFIELD V.

After logging in 1000+ hours in BF 1, I could barely get through BF V, I got plat and got out! 

ARIXANDRE.png

ps3baby.jpg

Edited by ARIXANDRE
Trophy card insert
  • Like 3

I'm with @DF007gamer, Red Dead 2.

Though tbh there's almost certainly something more disappointing that I'm forgetting, but then, unless they are an absolute affront to the medium, I forget most disappointing games pretty quickly.

I suppose NBA 2K Playgrounds not having any modes for like unlimited stamina and steals and arcadey over the top goodness was disappointing.

And Shakedown Hawaii STILL not releasing yet.

And Spider-Man not having the Raimi suit.

And Nintendo not getting a Virtual Console on the Switch.

And the PlayStation Classic is absolute trash.

Speaking of, the N64 Classic not yet being a thing is a disappointment too.

And they're all like the last month or two only. Shit. Never mind, there's a decent bit of disappointment, but nothing I'd be too likely to remember or give the most remote of fucks about in a few months. 

• Like 1

I'm never really with the gaming trends, because I think games are way too expensive at launch. So the only preorder I did was Far Cry 5 which I was very exited for.

In the end, I wasn't terribly disappointed in the game itself, but it was sad that they didn't do much with the story and the characters, there was a lot of potential that went unused.
The DLC could've been so much more than just stories that felt unconnected to the main game

The broken servers of Deus Ex Mankind Divided. The online game mode is in itself not bad (i only played a bit more than the "tutorial" though) but after 3 days i get an error the server would be offline. But it isn't. I tested 3 other accounts. Only the connection from my main acc to the server is broken :( i was so exited about the game and enjoyed the story mode too (haven't played much yet though either) :)

Kirby Star Allies. After the super fresh Planet Robobot, KSA is like a half-hearted attempt at returning to classic Adventure / Dreamland Kirby ... which was already nailed a few years ago by Return to Dreamland. Now I just want a co-op Kirby game modeled after Super Mario 3D World.

20 minutes ago, JimboUrbanian said:

Dude!!! 1f636.png

(it ain't even game from Y2018.)

Grip maybe? Expected too much I guess. 

I know it came out last year but I played it this year.

No, all I expected was a fun and interesting game which it is not.