Greatest Disappointment of the Year 2018!

ARIXANDRE

13 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Yes and the boss battles were too easy! Do you remember how hard the squid was or the genie in the first game? The scary dark magician Shazar, white wizards and the boss queen? First game was really epic.

I beat the first red dragon in NnK2 without problems. The rest were a joke too. Was ashamed of convincing my friend to buy NnK2 when I saw how easy this game was compared to the first

The difficulty plus the story made me believe I'm not part of the target audience (children) but I never had this impression while playing the first one. It was really weird.

8 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I didnt have high hopes for Fallout76 so it wasnt a dissapointment really.

Same here. The writing was on the wall early on, so the expectations were below low for me.

I would say Battlefield V. Even taking in account the poor marketing and community relationships, the game just looks awful and is unfinished. One would think they would have learned their lessons from SWBF2. First core BF game I will be passing on.

Damn this was truly a trash year.

Didn't like the direction Gow took, don't like the new Spiderman at all and feel it lives only on publicity, both from being a Sony exclusivity and Spiderman being an huge brand, RDR2 had o get the  usual cashgrab from the online, Fallout 76 and Battlefield 1 are a disaster and developers don't even care enough about it, conversely it's a disaster that a game like Let's go p/e who shits on the metagame got  this popular,  Dragon Quest  11 was good but it's hardly on par with DQ8 (especially the 3ds version)  Square Enix cancelled the dlcs from ffxv and it's on a terrible streak, especially with their Dissidia nt  horror,  and now we have to hope KH3 will be succesful and wait 10+years for another mainline FF 

I think I covrred anything? Wow, what a bad year. Oh Diablo stuff but I don't know much about the franchise.

Game wise I haven't had any disappointments this year, but I also don't play games at launch usually.  So I would have to say Sony's Censorship and the halting of vita cartridges.

For the first, I dislike censoring games at all.  The games I play are aimed at older teens/adults, so why not let them see what they want to see.

As for the vita, I massively prefer physical copies so I'm rather upset that my games won't have that option anymore.  Even for games like the Persona dancing games, I would love physical copies but no option.

Red Dead Redemption 2, In my opinion this game is as boring as F just like the original RDR. I bought it, put many hours into it and won't touch it again for probably years. Fantastic graphics and sound, however this doesn't make or break the content.

Marvels Spider-man, It's a lifeless city with a rinse and repeat game style. The combat is fantastic but really that's all we've got, I'm sure it's cute to some that Peter Parker acts like the victim with a mentality of a 14 year old boy but it made me want to puke.

16 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Sony's new censorship policy and any game it mutilated. 

This and the announcement of RE2 going from Remake to Adaptation. I only purchased a few games this year and none were really disappointing. But if i had to pick a game it would be Darksiders 3 because of the poor testing and the with-holding of Abyssal Armor for "dlc" not the game itself.

Though the new direction of God of War was not very impressive now that I think about it that was probably the biggest disappointment this year, glad I have Gamefly. Not a bad game just to generic in its execution, it is like every game wants to mimic every other game so we got God of Uncharted.

Edited by Void

1 hour ago, Hayades said:

Don't know what I'm more disappointed in. The state of AAA gaming nowadays or gamers themselves, who allowed companies that use psychological fuckery to nickel and dime them to thrive.

Most people are having fun as evident by sales and game activity. 

Don't confuse truth with social media outrage. 

• Like 2

I would also say I have been pretty disappointed at the latest big release games being broken, glitchy or unplayable when released. It feels like it has become a common thing nowadays to release an unfinished game and bombard it with patches the following days/weeks to fix issues

Everything i played this year has either met or exceeded my expectations to be honest. 

One of my favorite japanese places in town had to shut down though, they were the only ones selling saba-battera over here, i guess i’m pretty bummed out about that.

• Like 1

Haven’t played any games released this year. 

I guess my biggest gaming related disappointment this year was learning about Telltale Games and their closure.. especially since this year was the first year that I tried out some of their games (The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us) and really enjoyed them.. shame.

Edited by Uncharted_Baihh
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

Most people are having fun as evident by sales and game activity. 

Don't confuse truth with social media outrage. 

Most people are not having fun as evident by the stocks of companies that use predatory tactics, like Ea and activision, tanking fucking hard.

Don't confuse social media outrage with gamers just hoping on a hate bandwagon and being angry for no reasons.

By the way, go fuck yourself for defending what shouldn't be defended and helping turn this great hobby into a greed circle jerk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Sad attempt at trolling. This is why the forums on this site have turned into garbage because everyone just tries to piss people off and if you actually think all these masterpieces are trash then you're an idiot but I know what you're trying to do just go on somewhere else with that shit.

The giveaway is "Battlefield 1"

I truly don't like rdr2 or spider-man, that's for real. In all honestly I don't see much trolling here, I think psnp is by far the best trophy site around. Remember it's apparently cool to dislike popular products. I would never mention KH games because I don't like any of the ones I've played so it's kind of pointless to comment. With a thread titled "Great Disappointment" you're guaranteed to get some portion of trolling. Also, what qualifies a game as a masterpiece? I would think originality would take up a large portion of claiming that title. I think this year the 2 games I'm most interested in are DQ11 and Just cause 4.

But yeah that dudes post is a troll.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hayades said:

Most people are not having fun as evident by the stocks of companies that use predatory tactics, like Ea and activision, tanking fucking hard.

Don't confuse social media outrage with gamers just hoping on a hate bandwagon and being angry for no reasons.

By the way, go fuck yourself for defending what shouldn't be defended and helping turn this great hobby into a greed circle jerk.

The stock market is a mysterious and glorious place but stock price doesn't indicate what you think it does. Sales figures are up, people are playing more games than ever, and we have a new markets to expand on in  VR and streaming. Gamers are gaming this generation. 

We've seen companies go out of business and get delisted from various stock markets. Being down .5 or 5% isn't what an educated person would call "tanking" hard. Good thing that won't hold you back from your grandiose jabbering

Outrage away though troll. You needs it. 

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

Disappointed with the following:

1. Closure of Telltale Games 

2. The list of PlayStation Classic 20 preloaded games

3. No story DLC for God of War

4. No new announcement for FFVII remake from E3 2018 

5. Announcement of Diablo Immortal 

6. No announcement of 2nd expansion for Diablo 3 or Diablo 4 from Blizzcon 2018

7. Announcement of cutting PS3 and Vita games for PS plus IGC

8. Announcement of halting Vita games physical production

• Like 2