Greatest Disappointment of the Year 2018!

ARIXANDRE

The Vita version of Bloodstained being cancelled was my biggest disappointment. That, along with recent information about the issues in development have dramatically reduced my interest in a game I was really looking forward to.

Also, even though this drum has been beaten before, I would never have imagined completely skipping out on a Fallout game after I platinumed Fallout 4. Now not only do I have no interest at all in playing Fallout 76, but I will wait and see what reviews are like, before buying any future games from Bethesda Studios going forward.

My biggest disappointment this year is AC Odyssey. The graphics are beautiful and the story is decent, but I didn't like the game itself. The missions were so simplistic, that the game, for me, just seemed like a cash grab. I usually have fun playing Ubisoft games, but I cannot say many good things about this one. 

• Like 2

Without a doubt for me, it's The Crew 2.  I love the entire concept of the game, but the execution of that concept is horrible.  This is probably the worst racing experience I've ever had.  The cars drive like dump trucks, the nitrous basically doesn't do a thing, and pretty much everything in the game is so tedious.

• Like 1

For me, it was Far Cry 5. I have loved every Far Cry game to some extent, some have been a tad disappointing, but the story was so fucking piss poor. The graphics took a noticable dive too and some of the textures looked terrible. And the story was so disappointing, I was numb by the time of the ending. I hated it so much, it has negatively affected my feelings towards the entire franchise. 

Solid 3.5/10

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 2:24 PM, Lorajet said:

Not buying the PS4 Spiderman bundle for $199.99 US :facepalm:

THIS so much. My god. I had 400$ saved up for Black Friday, but I only managed to get into town by night... went to Gamestop first, figured I'd pick up the SpiderMan PS4 there... they were out, so I grabbed a VR instead. Checked Walmart and Target next... nothing. Ended up buying a 300$ regular early in December. But god, having wasted so much money (100$ extra and no game...) still pisses me off.

Literally had my Astrobot + Moss PSVR sitting on my desk for 1.5 months, not so much as opened. Lol.

• Like 1

Been a seasoned gamer I'm partly to blame for my biggest disappointed of 2018 due the fact I fell onto the hype train of RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2. I just found Arthur very boring and I love a good fast travel system especially later on in the game but this was one of the worst I've seen. I'm fine with traveling in a game early on but once you've seen the same area over and over that's when I use the fast travel. Besides the fast travel the control and shooting felt clunky as F@#k. Beautiful graphics don't bother me as some of my favorite games don't every have beautiful graphics. I also found myself rolling my eyes the amount of times Dutch says "ONE LAST TIME". It might just be me but I've played alot of better game with better storylines. I guess it's each to his own. 

• Like 2

cancellation of Bloodstained and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim for PS Vita was very sad news for me i was looking forward to both those titles especially since the latter was by Vanillaware :( 

Production of PS Vita cartridges being stopped in March 2019 

Liar Princess and the Blind Prince only getting PS4 version in the West no localisation of the PS Vita version so will import this one from Japan. Another disappointment.

So the summery is basically the last of the Vita games just being scrapped :( 

And Sony's censorship policy which i said earlier in this thread but forgot lol 

Edited by DarkSoleride
  • Like 2

New games and ect  in 2018 disappointment:

Far Cry 5 - Crappy MP, Ok SP. Yeah Ubisoft spent time more on MP than SP.

Mad Max - Like anyone who got it on release and found out the buggy trophies and game yeah it happened to me. Mad Max is my coaster of the Generation. 

Fallout 76 - Rush job big time it sounds like. Glad I avoided that.

• Like 1

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2. I mean, I didn't hate the game and I even wrote the guide for it on PST. But I absolutely loved the first game, so much so that I Platted it twice (PS3 and PS4)...it still stands as my favorite LEGO game. So needless to say I was super excited when the second one was announced...but it really didn't hold up. It felt like it was trying to be very ambitious and it didn't pay off...not to mention the roster being full of some of the most obscure characters in the Marvel Universe didn't help. I had fun with it, again I didn't hate it...but it wasn't the game it should have been.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War. Kind of the same instance as LEGO Marvel 2. I loved the first game, it was such a sleeper hit for me as I bought the GOTY Edition cheap and didn't expect much of it since I'm not a fan of LOTR and it was probably one of my top games of that year. But while Shadow of War wasn't terrible, and I still throw as much praise as humanly possible at the Nemesis System and can't stress enough how that needs to be an engine that branches out to other developers (it's literally a personality generator and in the right hands could be HUGE for the right game)...something about the atmosphere of this game just made it boring. Then you can throw tedium on top of that with how you really are just doing the same routine over and over again. I am glad I played this post patch where I didn't have to do as much with the Shadow Wars...so props to people who did it before as that was the most mind numbing part of the game, and I can't imagine what some people had to go through early on. 

Edited by Viper

On 1/2/2019 at 9:35 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

THIS so much. My god. I had 400$ saved up for Black Friday, but I only managed to get into town by night... went to Gamestop first, figured I'd pick up the SpiderMan PS4 there... they were out, so I grabbed a VR instead. Checked Walmart and Target next... nothing. Ended up buying a 300$ regular early in December. But god, having wasted so much money (100$ extra and no game...) still pisses me off.

Literally had my Astrobot + Moss PSVR sitting on my desk for 1.5 months, not so much as opened. Lol.

I feel your pain.  Now I'm checking the blog every day for another great deal hoping to redeem myself. :(