Breach and Clear still bugged.

Xelstrin

Soon as the servers went online again, a few buddies and I headed straight for Breach and Clear. The trophy still doesn't pop upon completion, so I'm guessing Scorched Earth is still the same. I won't know for sure until later on, but, oof. Here's hoping they fix this soon. Being plat-blocked by glitches is super frustrating. 

• Like 1

Bethesda have a terrible reputation when it comes to either not fixing buggy trophies at all or dragging their heels for months until they release a half arsed fix that only partially addresses the problem. If you care about your Completion %, don't buy this game as the odds are the trophy glitches will never be fixed.

Only tried breach and clear one before but it didnt pop, i've still got tons of the side stuff left to do for the plat so atm the glitch isnt as annoying for me, but gltiched plat deniers definitely suck.

Edited by jninja79
Editorial Sweep

3 minutes ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

I got in touch with their support. They directed me to Sony. So I told Sony and then Sony directed me back to Bethesda. I don’t have any hope 

They lied to you if they told you to contact Sony, Sony can't affect trophy unlocks in another developer's game, only the developer can do something about it. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

They lied to you if they told you to contact Sony, Sony can't affect trophy unlocks in another developer's game, only the developer can do something about it. 

Square Enix support tried to direct me to Sony, too, last month when I asked them if the Comrades trophies would be unobtainable after it's split into it's own game. They claimed that Sony implemented the trophies in their games.

Moral of the story is that game dev support is generally incompetent and doesn't even know basic stuff about the games they're supporting.

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

I had the exact same problem with both Sony and Bethesda's "Support" when I was trying to find a solution to an audio bug in DOOM but both parties disowned the problem and told me to contact the other, thus the issue remains unfixed because neither side would file an official bug report so the bug could be looked into and fixed :(.

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

It was like a never ending circle. I screenshotted what Sony said to me and sent it to Bethesda and did the same with Bethesda’s response. Still no response from either 

• Like 1

I tried submitting a ticket and followed their suggestions to sign out, power cycle, and try to resync trophies before reaching this last response. Nothing worked (tried "Breach and Clear" solo, with 2 players, 3 players, using ID card to unlock extra containers, not using ID card, looting as many containers as possible, looting just 1 item, looting no items) - all methods result in the completion of the event, but no trophy. I'm not sure how aware they are of the problem, but based on the last support response it would seem the more feedback tickets sent of the same bug the higher chance it may be prioritized.

Perhaps if we could get a handful of people to submit a feedback ticket about the same thing the issue could be resolved faster. I selected Product: Fallout 76/Category: Feedback/ Sub-Category: Quests

This is what I put for my feedback ticket:

Spoiler

What: "Breach and Clear" and "Scorched Earth" events. 

Expected Result: Attain trophy/achievement upon completing said events. 

Actual Result: Completing the "Breach and Clear" and "Scorched Earth" events give event rewards, but do not unlock the trophy/achievement associated for completing them. 

Description of Issue: There are two event quests that are not unlocking their respective trophy/achievement associated with them. These events are "Breach and Clear" and "Scorched Earth". Completing "Breach and Clear" at any of the 3 possible locations and completing "Scorched Earth" upon killing the Scorchbeast Queen does not unlock the trophy OR achievement on either PS4 or Xbox One. Repeated attempts on either event fail to unlock the trophy/achievement as well.

Support Response:

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Customer Support Team. My name is Amy, and it's my pleasure to assist you today.

I see you've tried quite a laundry list of troubleshooting by now! At this point, there really may be something wrong with the trophy being granted. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but customer support just doesn't have the tools to grant trophies and achievements; that process is handled by the console itself. You'll need to speak with Playstation Support if you want to ask them to retroactively grant these.

You should also report this as a bug, so our development team knows many players want this to be fixed, and prioritize this issue. To provide feedback select "Fallout 76" and choose the "Feedback" category under "Submit a Ticket" at the bottom of the help website. This feedback will be provided to the development team and you will not receive a direct response. We pass your feedback to the development team daily. 

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,

Amy

Bethesda Customer Support

Alternatively, seeing as Liontari86 (can't link directly for some reason) is the only one to have unlocked :bronze: Breach and Clear, maybe they can share how they obtained the trophy (would be appreciated). 

Edited by Aokyi

6 hours ago, Kolm14 said:

I would also advise one of us trying to get a post to the top of the r/fo76 subreddit for some added visibility, though I’m not sure how much they care about glitched trophies considering how much else is wrong with the game haha 

This^

It should be crystal clear now that contacting Bethesda's customer support is a waste of time, thus alternative methods of persuasion are needed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.