Game keeps crashing

Yup - Game crashes every time I open a treasure chest. Then sometimes when I try to restart it'll just infinitely stick on the loading screen.

It will also do this weird lag thing where the game will freeze and then catch up to where the main character is going. It's a fun game but the stability is awful at the moment.

Gonna wait for a patch before carrying on I think.

Insane to think that stuff like this is almost a standard for most game launches nowadays. I never learn.

• Like 1

Game was patched in the morning which was weird because it was like a 2 gig patch that forgot to make available for those who pre-ordered. It fixes the crashes but game will still randomly crash every few hours. Also the game has an awful stutter problem. Other forum posts say to lower resolution if you have a pro to 1080p but this does not fix it.

1 hour ago, Xtree said:

Game was patched in the morning which was weird because it was like a 2 gig patch that forgot to make available for those who pre-ordered. It fixes the crashes but game will still randomly crash every few hours. Also the game has an awful stutter problem. Other forum posts say to lower resolution if you have a pro to 1080p but this does not fix it.

Ah great, glad to see that they are at least patching it up step-by-step, I'll give it another shot tonight. Really really loved what i played. Some of it felt a bit like a visual novel mixed in with card game mechanics and some lite-top down world traversal & exploration. Definitely want to play more!

• Like 1

Update on my end - played some last night and the crashes I was getting when opening a treasure chest have stopped. But new ones have appeared haha.

• Game crashes intermittently when I finish a battle - it hasn't happened in puzzle battles so far, just the regular type battles - twice on battles which have a battle icon on the map and three times on side mission battles.
  • When I hit the touchpad button, sometimes the cursor doesn't appear, so i can't select any of the camp tents. Only fix i've found for that is to completely close the game down and re-open it

I might try deleting and reinstalling. Although i'm pretty convinced it has something to do with the way the game is connected to Gwent. Something to do with the way it's interacting or communicating with the F2P game.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

10 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Update on my end - played some last night and the crashes I was getting when opening a treasure chest have stopped. But new ones have appeared haha.

• Game crashes intermittently when I finish a battle - it hasn't happened in puzzle battles so far, just the regular type battles - twice on battles which have a battle icon on the map and three times on side mission battles.
  • When I hit the touchpad button, sometimes the cursor doesn't appear, so i can't select any of the camp tents. Only fix i've found for that is to completely close the game down and re-open it

I might try deleting and reinstalling. Although i'm pretty convinced it has something to do with the way the game is connected to Gwent. Something to do with the way it's interacting or communicating with the F2P game.

If you think it might have to do with online gwent, maybe it could help to turn off the internet connection? I'm also experiencing crashes after battles, never at opening a chest though.

I've lost the cursor once too. And the card selection and overall the camp menus freeze every few minutes... very annoying when building a deck

Edited by NanaCheese94

Good advice, i'll give that a shot! Thanks :)

I did notice another bug now - I collected 10 Golden Chests in Lyria - revisited all of them to make sure. But the game is only registering 9/10 so i think i've already locked myself out of the related collection trophy on that one because of it. It seems to be a widespread issue and there is no confirmation it'll pop the trophy when it's fixed.

I don't really want to push further into the game like this and have to replay it again to scoop up one or two minor things, so i'm going to wait for them to push out a few patches before I jump back in.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I did notice another bug now - I collected 10 Golden Chests in Lyria - revisited all of them to make sure. But the game is only registering 9/10 so i think i've already locked myself out of the related collection trophy on that one because of it. It seems to be a widespread issue and there is no confirmation it'll pop the trophy when it's fixed.

I don't really want to push further into the game like this and have to replay it again to scoop up one or two minor things, so i'm going to wait for them to push out a few patches before I jump back in.

Even the trophies are bugged? Wow, this is seriously a mess. I just stopped playing, it was too frustrating to have a crash after a won match. What a shame, I was so hyped for this game, I guess I'll have to wait until they fix all of this. ?

37 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

@Crispy_Oglop

let me know if turning off the interent fixed it.

I was able to collect all chests, maybe you didn't get the one by the waterfall behind the cloister, that one is on a treasure map

Also, beautiful kitty, I have two white ones too :D

Definitely got em all - 10 are visible on the map, all greyed out and went to each location to verify. Looks like it's a known bug that can happen in any area :( i'm definitely gonna platinum this, but i think i'll wait for a while :)

My kitty is currently shouting at me because he wants his dinner, but he's too early hehe

• Like 1

@Crispy_Oglop lol, i know how that sounds like xD
on the bright side, you don't miss out on anything in game for missing the golden chests, and I think it is very easy to speedrun the game on the easy playthrough, because you can skip battles and all dialoge. But I understand the frustration that comes with the crashes... :/

Edited by NanaCheese94

On 6.12.2018 at 8:03 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

This happened to me too...all 10 pieces on the Map are grey and i had only 9/10 ...so now i must wait for a patch...:(

On 6.12.2018 at 8:03 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

I did notice another bug now - I collected 10 Golden Chests in Lyria - revisited all of them to make sure. But the game is only registering 9/10

That went smoothly for me in Lyria.
But in Aedirn I encountered that same type of glitch. It says I've opened 8/9 chests, even though I have opened and double-checked all 9.

@Crispy_Oglop

Hm you don't get the trophy for killing the dragon, but for defeating it in the battle. I let Kelltulis live because I don't care about Eyk and I got the trophy. 

Sounds like it glitched bad for you :( Or did you perhaps ignore the fight when you entered the village? 

Edited by NanaCheese94
  • Like 1