Oooh, another Powgi game

DrakeHellsing

1 hour ago, luckydonut said:

Surprised to see these trophies so early - it's not even fully approved yet. I'm afraid the release date we're aiming for isn't until December 18th, and that may still slip in NA.

That's not a bad date, another game for my Vita... even though I still need to finish off the Word Sudoku sometime, just been lazy with that xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I am curious on this one, especially based upon how the trophies are and in turn, the type of game this one is suppose to mirror, if it's like a crossword, but only one word to find?

There actually is a cross-word game, http://www.powgi.com/kriss-kross/ 

Expect it to be ported eventually. 

1 minute ago, Armored Squirrel said:

There actually is a cross-word game, http://www.powgi.com/kriss-kross/ 

Expect it to be ported eventually. 

Ah... well I realized I was not meaning crossword, but word search (it's got the word, well, "word" in it xD ).  But regardless of that, this is also good to know, hopefully soon enough we get that as well, especially since I very much like those puzzles as is, very fun ones :)

Feels like the devs have sold out with this and Word Sudoku. You used to have to do every puzzle in the game, and even some time trials and misc objectives, but now you only have to do a few puzzles.

It's like they recognized trophy whores were buying the game and have dumbed everything down to accommodate, and I'm not sure how to feel about it. I love Picross but seeing how these games have evolved has me steering clear of supporting it.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone. I love this community, and I'm so glad we decided to bring games to PlayStation. Really wish we'd looked into it sooner, but I wasn't sure how well it would be received. (We tried to publish on Steam one time... and that did not go down so well).

Anyway... as it looks like I set the wrong date to release one of the trophy sets, I may as well start hyping it up!

Here's the preview video: https://youtu.be/oLipZ64fu0Y

Each quote has between 3 and 8 words missing, which are the words to find in each puzzle. It plays like word search, except there's only one word in each grid, and the letters it's hidden in are only the letters that make up the target word. It's more challenging than it sounds, but I'm sure someone will make a guide almost instantly :)

There are 120 quotes to complete, which is twice as many as in other versions of the game. Each trophy is one specific quote. You'll get the platinum naturally by working through the game, but for those inclined to short-cut things, you only actually need to reveal 32 specific quotes for the platinum.

On PS4, up to four can play, each logged in to their own PSN Profile. Trophies are awarded to all players - same as Word Search by POWGI.

7 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Also do you guys have some good high-res art for this game (without logos) similar to what we did for the last game?

How's this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p5o8q3i2ypt766/MainImageNoLogo.jpg?dl=0

• Like 4

1 hour ago, luckydonut said:

By the way, the next Pic-a-Pix game (early next year) has no short-cuts. You'll have to solve everything again - there's just no time trials!

Yes! Keep the Pic-a-Pix coming!!

I am truly addicted to the first one. Thank you very much for developing entertaining puzzle games. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, luckydonut said:

Sometimes trophies don't fit all that well into the puzzle structure we've already established. It's just not possible to have 120 trophies - one for every puzzle.

Yes indeed, love your trophy list..... however you can also push up to 60+ bronze, 1 or 2 silver, and 1 gold.... could work also and it's cool to earn many trophies :)

• Like 1