THE LAST REMNANT Remastered Trophy Thoughts

• 2 weeks later...

The requirements for the Candle formation trophy are different from the 360 version, since this one is based on the PC version:

1- Obtain "Union of the Golden Chalice Rank 1" by completing Guild Task 14: Kill rare monster Dominator, found in Blackdale/The Speckled Chasm.

2- Obtain "Union of the Golden Chalice Rank 2" by completing Guild Task 16: Kill rare monster Prometheus, found in Lavafender/Depths of the Underworld.

3- Obtain "Union of the Golden Chalice Rank 3" by completing Guild Task 18: Kill rare monster Ore Cruncher, found in Numor Mine/The Great Tunnel.

4- Obtain "Union of the Golden Chalice Rank 4" by completing Guild Task 20: Kill rare monster Death Tank, found in The Aqueducts/East Waterway Control.

5- Obtain "Union of the Golden Chalice Rank 5" by completing Guild Task 10: Kill 2 Brynhildr, found in Mt. Vackel/Pearly Peak or The Ancient Ruins/Metopon Tier: Notus.

6- Obtain "Candle" by completing Guild Task 24: Kill rare monster Falak, found in The Sacred Lands.

Edited by ZetGamer

On 20/12/2018 at 3:25 AM, Melar20 said:

I can't get the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle trophy for the life of me. I'm close to 1000 equipment taken apart and no luck :dunno: Am I doing something wrong? Just taking apart cheap shields.

Im on the same page, i did more then 300 equipaments for sure too and no trophy, im on the end game, just need this trophy and the absolute conquerer to plat, and this trophy dont unlock for nothing. On Xbox we can disassemble the same equipament 300 Times to get the achiavement, is there something diferent on the ps4?

On 12/20/2018 at 4:25 AM, Melar20 said:

I can't get the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle trophy for the life of me. I'm close to 1000 equipment taken apart and no luck :dunno: Am I doing something wrong? Just taking apart cheap shields.

It was glitched for me too, infact the trophy for dismantling 500 monsters is glitched in very much the same way. I'm not really sure what's causing this, but this is what I noticed: while I was sure to have dismantled more than 300 items, I checked the trophy page on the PS4 itself and even tried to manually sync the trophies, in case I missed it. This lead to an error in syncing the trophies, the error is NP-32114-1. Googling offered no solution, but I found a way to unlock the trophy anyway after some time. I made an extra save where I was sure I met the trophy requirements, then I completely shut down the PS4, not just restart but shut down. Then start the PS4 again, don't do anything in the Main Menu of the PS4, just boot up the game, nothing else. Dismantle another 10 items and the trophy should unlock with a long delay, maybe 5 minutes. The delay is quite long because my final trophy was for dismantling 500 monsters and it unlocked in the middle of a battle, which is obviously impossible without a delayed unlock.

For the dismantling 500 monsters I also made sure to shut down and reboot my PS4 after 3 runs of fully clearing the Vale of the Gods. But trophies not unlocking properly is not the only bug in this version. Mob aggro is bugged, especially for insects, which means aggroing many mobs and chain linking them is much harder than on PC and Xbox 360.

On 22/12/2018 at 10:57 PM, Wesker188 said:

Well i got ir, in fact i allready got it in a while, i had the trophy in the notificaciton but not on the thophy list,i had to go to the notificaciton to force it to sinc, 1st time this happen to me..

Yeah I had to dismantle like 1000 pieces of equipment until the trophy unlocked, didn't have problems with the monsters one though.

I had the same issue with Reduce, Reuse, Recycle trophy. I dismantled about 350 pieces of equipment and it didn't pop. I said screw it and went to bed. Woke up, turned the game on and dismantled one piece of equipment and then the trophy finally popped. Whatever, I guess.

Does anyone know if trophy progress carries over into NG+? I started a NG+ and kind of hoping the 100, or so, monsters I dismantled on my first play through will carry over, but I don't know if it will or not. I tried testing it with the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle trophy (I didn't have it yet), but of course that trophy takes awhile to pop, and I didn't know that at the time, so I ended up dismantling more than 300, because I figured that meant the progress doesn't carry over. But then I found out that it can be kind of glitchy, so that made that test a bust. ?

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2018 at 8:26 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Sounds like poor game design to me. I think I'll pass.

EDIT: I think Square is shaping up to be the next Konami. As a developer, they've done so little lately (gussied up FF Versus to make FF XV, and re-re-re-released past Kingdom Hearts games to yawns).

They need just to move to mobile at this point. It's clearly where their interest lies.

Interested in mobile, except for when it comes to FF8 (A *very* sore subject with me: FF8 was always one of my faves).

But yeah, Square has seemed pretty clueless ever since FF15's developmental period. The FF7 remake is gonna be the next Duke Nukem vaporware - never, ever to be released... until 15 years down the road! (Hint to Square: Resident Evil 2 Remake, anyone? Announced - I think…? - shortly after FF7 was...? Now *there's* how a remake gets (re)made! Acceptable developmental time. Adhering tightly to the original,.whilst possessing a great deal of originality all to itself. Eagerly awaited and beloved by fans now that it's here.)

Methinks they're more into being the publisher and mobile company, now far less into developing original games for original IPs all to themselves. With Life is Strange alongside others, a journey into the episodic seems to have suited them. New quality games, on the other hand? Not so much.

Even so!!! Don't you dare compare them to Konami (*spits on Konami's cold, dead rotting corpse*)!!! Those asshats have sat on Silent Hill, my very all time ever favorite series and IP, for countless GDed years now. All the more, they taunt the fanbase by giving just a fleeting taste of PT - received to some of the highest acclaim *ANY GAME EVER!!!* had received. And for a DEMO! But then, Konami fu©ks everyone over. And then, for the MGS fans, kicks Kojima to the curb like a cheap hooker. Why? All to make glorified slot machines for their destroyed IPs. Seriously: They've devalued their IPs in Castlevania, Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid *SO* much, that good luck ever trying to recoup some cash in any future fire sale intellectual property auction.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 3:10 AM, Coladar said:

Interested in mobile, except for when it comes to FF8 (A *very* sore subject with me: FF8 was always one of my faves).

But yeah, Square has seemed pretty clueless ever since FF15's developmental period. The FF7 remake is gonna be the next Duke Nukem vaporware - never, ever to be released... until 15 years down the road! (Hint to Square: Resident Evil 2 Remake, anyone? Announced - I think…? - shortly after FF7 was...? Now *there's* how a remake gets (re)made! Acceptable developmental time. Adhering tightly to the original,.whilst possessing a great deal of originality all to itself. Eagerly awaited and beloved by fans now that it's here.)

Methinks they're more into being the publisher and mobile company, now far less into developing original games for original IPs all to themselves. With Life is Strange alongside others, a journey into the episodic seems to have suited them. New quality games, on the other hand? Not so much.

Even so!!! Don't you dare compare them to Konami (*spits on Konami's cold, dead rotting corpse*)!!! Those asshats have sat on Silent Hill, my very all time ever favorite series and IP, for countless GDed years now. All the more, they taunt the fanbase by giving just a fleeting taste of PT - received to some of the highest acclaim *ANY GAME EVER!!!* had received. And for a DEMO! But then, Konami fu©ks everyone over. And then, for the MGS fans, kicks Kojima to the curb like a cheap hooker. Why? All to make glorified slot machines for their destroyed IPs. Seriously: They've devalued their IPs in Castlevania, Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid *SO* much, that good luck ever trying to recoup some cash in any future fire sale intellectual property auction.

You do realize of course Square Enix is mostly a publisher, and their development usually revolves around 2-3 major titles for themselves. Recently it's been Kingdom Hearts 3 which has finally released and Final Fantasy 7 Remake, which I am sure they are taking their time. There is also no doubt they are working on FF 16, as well they support their MMO, FF14, which gets free and paid content on a regular basis.

Besides this, they front the money for the Just Cause series, the Tomb Raider series, as well as games like Nier Automata and Life is Strange, which have sold extremely well. To say they are anything like Konami is laughable. And I know you agree, this was more geared towards the crybaby that doesn't know a damn thing about Square Enix except apparently except Final Fantasy.

Also, they just released a game in their other major franchise which gets more love in Japan, Dragon Quest XI.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 6:24 AM, AllanGronkjaer said:

Anyone have a good guide or walkthrough for this ? Really wanna Play it again . Loved it on 360

Id say follow the Wiki's and the PC guide. The PS4 build is based off of PC, not the 360.

- Know what characters you wanna use and how you want to build them before you get them.

- It is ESSENTIAL to follow a guide for the side quests. I didn't realize it back then, but like 75% of this game is missable areas and side quests lol missing one will screw you over and have to do NG+

- The BR overleveling isnt as bad as it was on 360, but it can be an issue if not managed properly. There are plenty of sources out there for places to safely grind for Stats and arts.

It just takes a bunch of planning, but it was super amazing to finally plat this game, I loved it on 360 even tho it was a janky mess, and I was excited to get to play it again and finally make progress in it. Hope you enjoy it!

• 1 month later...

Is this game any good? Is it comparable to some other JRPGs?

I’ve watched a few reviews on Youtube but I still don’t know what to expect from this game. So any info is welcome.