The Worst Films of 2018 (Including My Top 5 Worst Ones)

Crzy Minus

2018 is coming to a close pretty soon so it is now time to reflect on the movies this year has given us. I will make a thread for the best films of 2018 at the end of the year, so for now how about we start on a low point? That's right, let's talk about the worst ones first.

Making the thread for worst films first since this is the last month of the year, I rather focus on watching good movies so I'm pretty much done watching bad movies through out 2018 either on purpose or if I happen to watch something I didn't know it was gonna be bad that came out this year (which I doubt).

Also I usually don't go my way to watch terrible films, mostly I avoid them. But this year I happen to encounter at least five that I've seen in the theater that really got to my skin and not in a good way. So with that said, here are my top 5 worst movies of 2018:

-

5. Uchiage Hanabi, Shita kara Miru ka? Yoko Kara Miru ka? (or just: Fireworks)

What is this anime film exactly? It's pretentious garbage it's what it is. This movie is dumb, cheesy, melodramatic as hell and by the end of it all it makes no god damn sense of everything that I've seen from it. The film may trick you into pretending that it's something beautiful, when on reality it really isn't. Having "from the producer of Your Name" on this trailer as a selling point is a straight out insult. This movie sucks real hard.

4. Solo: A Star Wars Story

If there was a word I could use to perfectly describe this movie as it would be: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG. I was seriously dozing while I was trying to watch this. At least Uchiage Hanabi was so stupid that I managed to get some good laughs out of it, this gave me nothing. So by the numbers, there's never a feel of consequence, fan service galore which is already bad for a Star Wars movie, fucking bland and dull. People say The Last Jedi is bad but at least The Last Jedi didn't feel like a mediocre cash grab on this level. This movie was unnecessary before it was even made, but now that it's been made it really feels unnecessary and I'm glad that I don't have to ever watch it again.

3. The Cloverfield Paradox

When I first saw this (which was on a comfy night on my television) I thought it was really dumb but also not that bad. But upon further thought and more so I came to realization that this movie straight out isn't good. Why is this a Cloverfield movie? Or a better question: Does the fact that it's a Cloverfield movie make it worse? First Cloverfield was a good movie on it's own. 10 Cloverfield Lane was great expect for those last 10 minutes, which happen to be it's connection to Cloverfield. This movie being titled "The Cloverfield Paradox" makes me realize that it has absolutely nothing to do with Cloverfield, except for the ending of course. It's the one that has less to do with Cloverfield, it's the worst Cloverfield movie if we can still consider it as a Cloverfield movie and if this came out to theaters, nobody would've seen it which is why it's where it's at and has the name Cloverfield attached to it. It all makes perfect sense now. Cloverfield was just a movie about a giant monster attacking the city, we don't need any of this padded shit.

2. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

This movie is dogshit. The first Jurassic World movie was really, really dumb but hey at least I had fun with how dumb it was, Fallen Kingdom is really, really dumb but without the fun part. Full of moronic story choices, more obnoxious and loud, the saving grace is that at least the director is trying to make something good out of it and the special effects are solid, but it doesn't help when the film itself is already an angering experience. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom can fuck right off.

1. Venom

I've said the word "dumb" through out this whole list and I'm sorry that I have to say it again, this movie isn't just dumb, it's a straight out comedy in all the wrong ways.

So generic and poorly executed at first, to then turn into the Sony cash grab that I've been expecting it to become. The movie is really funny, yet so inept at the same time. Sure it wasn't as infuriating as Jurassic World 2 but the effort on the filmmaking on this is so much worse. The whole purpose of this movie's existence is to make money, just like a lot of the comic book movies from the early 2000's which this is very reminiscent off. So yeah it is what it is, if you like this movie more power to you. To me this is a huge step back of what movies can be today, which is why Venom is the worst movie I've seen in 2018.

-

That's about it for me, what about you guys? What bad movies have ya'll seen in 2018?

Edited by Crzy Minus

10 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Yeah, Venom was pretty bad. Special shout-out to Happytime Murders and Crimes of Grindelwald too. Also didn't care for Black Panther.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I actually saw any good movies this year...

Have not seen Happytime Murders and prolly never will, same with Crimes of Grindelwald. I've seen the first Fantastic Beasts movie and I thought it was just mediocre, so it's not surprise I haven't seen the new one.

Black Panther isn't really bad, it's fine but it definitely is overrated.

Edited by Crzy Minus

Unfriended 2 was dogshit. Hated it.

The only good movie to come out of 2018 was Halloween 2. Oh no wait, it's called just Halloween. But the first film in 1978 is also called Halloween. So it's the sequel to Halloween that is titled Halloween? So if they make a sequel to Halloween that is a sequel to Halloween, will THAT sequel be just plain Halloween too? Or will it be called Halloween 3? A real brain tickler right there. 

I'm just wondering if you know what true bad films are.. They may be bad.. But it always amazes how Hollywood films make it into a top 5 bad, cos at least the production value is there. I'm seen some horrifically bad films this year lol.

6 hours ago, Cobby said:

I'm just wondering if you know what true bad films are.. They may be bad.. But it always amazes how Hollywood films make it into a top 5 bad, cos at least the production value is there. I'm seen some horrifically bad films this year lol.

Again:

These are just the ones that I’ve seen and that are in my opinion. Your opinion can be totally different than mine and that’s okay

I dont go my way to watch bad movies, so of course the ones that are obviously bad are not gonna be there. I’m not gonna have a movie like Show Dogs on my list because it looked like an obvious bad movie that I skipped, it’s probably way worse than the five I mentioned but you do get my point.

Sure you may see them as big budget movie bad, to me they’re just bad.

Edited by Crzy Minus