Ubisoft Club Units Will Now Expire

bigrake1

I didn't see a post on this matter, but Ubisoft Club Units will now have expiration dates. What's changed:

• On March 31, 2019, all unspent units you earned before March 31, 2017, will expire.
  • Beginning April 1, 2019, any unused Club units acquired 2 or more years from their acquisition date will expire.

A bummer because I've used Club Points amassed from older games to purchase good loot to enhance my experience in other, later-released games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/uplay/comments/a2rsq7/ubisoft_club_units_will_now_expire/

https://www.pcgamesn.com/uplay-points-expiration

Thoughts?

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

That was the only good thing about Ubiclub and earning points. You could have points from having played Black Flag on PS3 and then spend them on Odyssey to get an early game boost, or some cosmetics. It was pretty awesome and rewarded for long time loyalty. Now they want to hold people hostage with the points. "You gotta buy our game or your free stuff will expire". There's an old saying that nothing is as expensive as free. I probably have enough to buy entire stock of club items out of a new game, but I'm not going to care about Ubi anymore.

• Like 2

so points received are linked by date? are they finally updating/upgrading their system? about damn time. Though it does suck a bit as I have a quite a bit of points still, guess Ill try to see what goodies they got for games I dont have yet.

34 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Their site is very difficult to navigate. Does anyone have any suggestions on items that are actually useful to spend points on? I remember Grow Home! had a diamond metal detector that was super helpful. 

With each ubisoft game I just get mostly all rewards they have available since I'll just earn that xp right back 9nce I'm done with the game basically. Lol

• Like 1

@malachi1987That worked in the past...Ubisoft games provided all the Club points you'd need to earn the rewards. However, for games like Creed Odyssey and Origins, you'll need additional Club Units beyond what is available in the game to purchase all of the rewards. This is where hoarding units without expiration from other games helped. It's a bummer to think, for example, that the 200 Club Units you'd earn from completing something very tough--for instance, Far Cry Primal's Classic Challenge "Survival of the Fittest" (finish the game in Survivor mode [expert difficulty] and the Permadeath option activated)--would have an expiration date.

Edited by bigrake1

22 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

@malachi1987That worked in the past...Ubisoft games provided all the Club points you'd need to earn the rewards. However, for games like Creed Odyssey and Origins, you'll need additional Club Units beyond what is available in the game to purchase all of the rewards. This is where hoarding units without expiration from other games helped. It's a bummer to think, for example, that the 200 Club Units you'd earn from completing something very tough--for instance, Far Cry Primal's Classic Challenge "Survival of the Fittest" (finish the game in Survivor mode [expert difficulty] and the Permadeath option activated)--would have an expiration date.

I can never spend all of of mine even with getting all the neccessary 8n game items

• 2 weeks later...