Ice Cream Surfer question.

BrettyBoy

• 2 months later...
On 2018-12-05 at 4:54 AM, BrettyBoy said:

Do the difficulty related trophies stack on Ice Cream Surfer? I haven’t played the game yet but getting it at some point.

Late to the game here, but no the difficulties do not stack. That said (and the guide here doesn’t really make much of this clear), after you finish the game on easy, you can choose level select then replay the last level on medium and hard for the trophies. Clearing it on hard will not pop the medium trophy though, just the hard one.

Also works for the different character trophies. Just redo the last level. 

Lastly, for collecting letters you can again use level select. Note that the game doesn’t track which levels you have collected all 8, so you have to track this yourself, but you can replay just the levels you didn’t get a complete set. You do not need to replay the game and collect all letters from all levels in one go. You do need to complete the level fully though, without using a continue. Letters (and gems) only register at the end of a level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

Late to the game here, but no the difficulties do not stack. That said (and the guide here doesn’t really make much of this clear), after you finish the game on easy, you can choose level select then replay the last level on medium and hard for the trophies. Clearing it on hard will not pop the medium trophy though, just the hard one.

Also works for the different character trophies. Just redo the last level. 

Lastly, for collecting letters you can again use level select. Note that the game doesn’t track which levels you have collected all 8, so you have to track this yourself, but you can replay just the levels you didn’t get a complete set. You do not need to replay the game and collect all letters from all levels in one go. You do need to complete the level fully though, without using a continue. Letters (and gems) only register at the end of a level.

Thanks for the info.

8 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Is it unplayable on Vita? I see its on sale now and I am mildly interested in it, but only if I can complete it there. It's not a game I want to play in the limited amount of time I can spend on my PS4 Pro lol.

Not sure. Never played the game myself. 

On 2019-02-26 at 3:48 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

Is it unplayable on Vita? I see its on sale now and I am mildly interested in it, but only if I can complete it there. It's not a game I want to play in the limited amount of time I can spend on my PS4 Pro lol.

All accounts I have read seem to suggest that trophies aren’t working properly on Vita. I did not try it myself. I did remote play it,  but that was using the PS4 version obviously.

Its not a very long game. 5-10 hours max. I swear though, the 8k in gems took way longer than my mental tracker suggested it should have. I did video guides for the levels showing all letters after completing a full easy and medium play through, collecting all letters myself, and doing all the characters final level trophies.

I then did  several hard runs for fun (managed 4th on the global leaderboard) and still didn’t have 8k. 

It it has popped now though, but I really feel like it doesn’t track well.

• Like 1