Horrific Motion Blur

ObsceneSociopath

Just wondering if any of you are having any issues with it? I don't get motion sickness or have any issues normally but I'm finding that I can only play for short bursts before I feel funny, ,my fiancee who does suffer with motion sickness can't even watch me play which is unfortunate considering my PS4 is in our living room & she usually enjoys watching whatever I happen to be playing when she's in the room.

Everything is fine during the tutorial mission in the snow but as soon as that's over & you begin the game properly, it becomes an issue. The slightest camera movement sends the entire background & environment around Rico into a horrific blur until the movement stops.

I've seen loads of complaints about it on other forums including the Square Enix forum, Just Cause forums, Gamefaqs etc so I'm surprised no-one here has mentioned it.

It's not exclusive to PS4 either, I've seen PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One & Xbox One X owners all complaining, in fact it's only PC owners I've not seen complaints from.

Edited by Rattamauled

9 hours ago, Rattamauled said:

I played 3 & all if it's DLC with no issues at all. This one I can't play for anymore than 45 minutes to an hour before I have to turn it off.

He's probably refering to before they fixed it, JC3 was a performance trainwreck at launch and JC4 seems to be the same - on the base PS4 at least. I agree with you about the motion blur, especially at highspeeds in land vehicles the entire screen turns into an unfathomable mess.

9 hours ago, Sarutoshi said:

He's probably refering to before they fixed it, JC3 was a performance trainwreck at launch and JC4 seems to be the same - on the base PS4 at least. I agree with you about the motion blur, especially at highspeeds in land vehicles the entire screen turns into an unfathomable mess.

Ah fair enough, I didn't play JC3 until the Gold Edition with all the DLC already released was out.

I've seen complaints for it for all formats bar PC. One of my work friends is having the same problem aswell & he's got in on Xbox One rather than PS4.

• 11 months later...