GT5 Platinum Trophy in 2018

Shyanji

• 2 months later...

I think the question was meant to address ppl who were lately successful in finding solutions for other games too like creating own servers to make trophies possible again.

I am not deep into techy topics so I totally don't know what I am talking about ;) just followed few of the topics about that.

In this case I am one of the ppl affected by the server shutdown and I'm interested in a solution too, but I guess if no one found one, there is no way.

unless the game was forgotten bc it is too old?

• Like 3

I think it was the best GT of the franchise, and I wouldn't say they forgot about it.  Just that they have released 2 more versions of the game, GT6 and GT Sport, so really no reason to keep the servers open. As others have stated, the servers closed in 2014.  I personally felt Sony should of kept them open longer than they did.  So anyone who loves this franchise should buy GT Sport and knock out as many server trophies as they can before those servers close.

I've never seen a legitimate way of obtaining the (2) GT5 trophies since the closure.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I personally don't support any pirate/ hack/ screw/ fcku/ bypass/ glitch/ steal/ lie/ etc...  methods to do this! 

Sadly that we (last ones) lost some plats for some amazing games like these, but that's the life... For good or bad.

Otherwise, I apologize for that Q's in old topic here, but can any1 explain me what's exactly the difference btw these 4 versions of the game and which one to pick up (will buy it on retail disc, phisicaly, from local friend on ultra cheap price), because I want to get max possible trophies up to date and enjoy the game on full time:

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
Gran Tursimo 5
Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition
Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition

@Vynzen Prologue is a Tech Demo/Vertical Slice basically. A couple tracks and a hundred or so cars. Not the same game as Gran Turismo 5.
Collector's Edition and Academy Edition most likely has downloadable cars either on disc or on code. Downloadable cars for GT5 are not available to buy anymore.

So just get either GT5, Collector's or Academy and you aren't missing anything. 

Edited by totallycrushed
  • Like 1