List of Games You Should Play Unpatched

12 minutes ago, Trope Hore said:

does Surgeon Simulator v1.00 re-enable the A++ glitch?

Unless you purchased Surgeon Simulator before the future updates were released and haven't connected your PS4 to the internet since then, there isn't any way to re-enable the exploit, as because it's a digital only game it will always download onto your console with the latest patches and there's no option to remove them.

Edited by SlimSanta94

3 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Unless you purchased Surgeon Simulator before the future updates were released and haven't connected your PS4 to the internet since then, there isn't any way to re-enable the exploit, as because it's a digital only game it will always download onto your console with the latest patches and there's no option to remove them.

did you see this thread i linked? maybe i should've mentioned it's for digital games too

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67810-guide-how-to-get-100-digital-games/

that's how i was able to personally test out v1.00 of LBP3 and Mercenary Kings so far

Edited by Trope Hore
  • Like 2

If you're including trophies rendered downright unobtainable, you can include Rack N Ruin, which has one trophy (Dependency) that you cannot get on the latest patch (1.02). I've been unable to get the 1.01 patch link, so you have to go 1.00 for that trophy alone.

Battlefield 1 has (had?) a trophy (Taking down giants) that was made much harder through patches. If you have the disc it's very easy to unpatch and obtain, but it hasn't been possible with the digital version till recently.  Just saw that the last post of this thread suggests it has been fixed, so perhaps no need to list.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale has a trophy (Character Mastery) that was much easier pre-patch (not sure which version). Again, disc versions have it easy. Not sure if we can down rev PS3 (or Vita) games, but it fits your question otherwise. No fancy methods needed to down rev PS3/Vita games.

Edited by RNumbers

6 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale has a trophy (Character Mastery) that was much easier pre-patch (not sure which version). Again, disc versions have it easy. Not sure if we can down rev PS3 (or Vita) games, but it fits your question otherwise.

Brookhaven Experiment and the Executioner trophy was broken with patch 1.07

Mortal Blitz added a new harder difficulty in patch 1.03 that also has to be beaten in order to unlock True Hero trophy.

I don't believe that exploit for the trophy in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (digital) is broken unless a new patch came out after online servers shut down a month or two ago?

I could still find a character, switch to their last combo challenge, and do that to unlock the trophy.

Edited by KyonKuchiki

11 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

As Trope mentioned, this is not longer correct.

1 minute ago, KyonKuchiki said:

I don't believe that exploit for the trophy in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (digital) is broken unless a new patch came out after online servers shut down a month or two ago?

I could still find a character, switch to their last combo challenge, and do that to unlock the trophy.

Duh, on PS3 you have the option to down rev by default. Brain fart, you can ignore that one. Probably same for Vita.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KyonKuchiki said:

Yep, after downloading PASBR PS3 it is ver. 1.00. You need to patch it to 1.12 to go online.

With 1.00 "Character Mastery" is a breeze.

Edited by Smashero

The "Love and war" trophy in Black ops 3 on ps4 where the player has to complete the Easter Egg for the Gorod Korovi map (the one with dragons in Stalingrad). A few people have been able to obtain it recently but the majority haven't been able to unlock the trophy. It is because for most, the game crashes before the cutscene ends, preventing the trophy from popping. Activision says they are working on it, but I am 70% sure that it is not going to be patched.

The "Run like the Wind" trophy in Grand theft auto 5 where you have to survive 48 hours with a bounty on the Ps3 is also unobtainable without modders hacking your account (which I think is the only way to get it now). Rockstar removed the bounty function in April 2017 and has not brought it back into game yet. Though I need someone to confirm if you can still get bounties on yourself from hijacking non players cars. 

Edited by wackt1

1 hour ago, Trope Hore said:

Star Wars Battlefront II  |  Occasional XP exploits allow 'There Has Been An Awakening' and 'The Force is Strong With This One' to be earned mere hours apart. For instance, in this video my buddy accrues 2+ mil XP in a single match – a feat that normally takes 20+ hrs.

now let's see some more exploitable games :pimp:

Actually this would be beneficial in my favor but...i don't want to cheat. I'll see how far the grind will wear me down

solid work so far; updated everything except U4 – i'll do that after breakfast cuz I know there's probably a lot to write

1 hour ago, KyonKuchiki said:

Mortal Blitz added a new harder difficulty in patch 1.03 that also has to be beaten in order to unlock True Hero trophy.

do you know anybody that's earned the trophy yet on v1.00? couldn't find anything on PSNP nor PST. Just wanna make sure it's not glitchy or anything

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trope Hore said:

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale  |  On PS3 and VITA, you can simply reject the patches and play on v1.00 to obtain 'Character Mastery' faster – you only need to complete the final combo for the trophy to pop.

Just to clarify, the "final combo" thing is true regardless of version; the difference is that one specific character's (Drake's) final combo is much simpler in the unpatched version.

Another one that falls under "potential": according this this thread, the difficulty of the Bozak Horde DLC for Dying Light was increased with a patch. This would affect a few trophies, probably most notably Things That Go Ka-Boom, which requires you to complete the trial within a certain time limit. Reverting to a lower patch may or may not help (and would force you to play single player). I'll likely try this at some point in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

In Uncharted 2: Remastered, the only way to enable the tweak glitch is by using version 1.00 of the game. Furthermore, it has to be the version included in the Nathan Drake collection, since the standalone Uncharted 2: Remastered came out a year after the Nathan Drake Collection and already comes pre-patched.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trope Hore said:

As of Dec 2018, you must follow this guide to revert to v1.26 and do the trophy offline for it to pop.

Technically XBSLink might work to connect users to others via LAN to do the easter egg in coop. 

2 hours ago, Karlsson89 said:

In Uncharted 4 you can skip the speedrun, just completing the game somehow gave you that trophy - but I don't remember the specifics, hopefully there are others who have a better memory.

You can also do the glitch to get crushing difficulty and accuracy done in like one level. Would still need to have completed the game beforehand though. 

2 hours ago, RNumbers said:

If you're including trophies rendered downright unobtainable, you can include Rack N Ruin, which has one trophy (Dependency) that you cannot get on the latest patch (1.02). I've been unable to get the 1.01 patch link, so you have to go 1.00 for that trophy alone.

Battlefield 1 has (had?) a trophy (Taking down giants) that was made much harder through patches. If you have the disc it's very easy to unpatch and obtain, but it hasn't been possible with the digital version till recently.  Just saw that the last post of this thread suggests it has been fixed, so perhaps no need to list.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale has a trophy (Character Mastery) that was much easier pre-patch (not sure which version). Again, disc versions have it easy. Not sure if we can down rev PS3 (or Vita) games, but it fits your question otherwise. No fancy methods needed to down rev PS3/Vita games.

The Airborne Cannons Codex is much easier with the latest patch installed, because the 1.24 (or was it 1.25?) patch buffed the AA Gun so it's now much more powerful than it was with the 1.05 patch installed.

5 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I forgot to mention it on @Mako's thread when I did it, since it was 5am and I went to sleep straight after, but Surgeon Simulator can be downgraded with the method that was posted. I haven't tried to get trophies for the game on version 1.00 as I'm not in the mood to work on the game yet, but the link @Trope Hore posted is the method that I used and it worked. Anyone else is free to try it with that information, the game goes on nearly every sale so it's worth waiting for the next one for any serious trophy hunter to find out. 

2lsLYZf.jpg

• Like 1

There has been a great exploit which made We need to go Deeper - Gold for Gauntlet a lot easier. Sadly, it has been patched a while ago. It might still work if you use the "revert to v1.00"

method.

31 minutes ago, Trope Hore said:

i've been suggested some more games to add like Orc Slayer and Claire (NA), so i'll look into those tomorrow

The PS4 version of Claire has been patched in the NA but not in the EU store. If you downlod the game from the EU store, you still can use the Nightmare exploit.

When a developer change the requirement of a trophy does it change because of a new patch on a game or do they directly change the requirement on the trophy list ? 

Because if the change is on the trophy list itself, Mortal Blitz wouldn't be possible even if the game is unpatched. I'll play the game "soon" anyway but it would be nice to know if I can avoid to unpatch the game for nothing since I've never done it and I'm not really good at these kind of thing.

15 hours ago, itachi-destroyer said:

When a developer change the requirement of a trophy does it change because of a new patch on a game or do they directly change the requirement on the trophy list ? 

Because if the change is on the trophy list itself, Mortal Blitz wouldn't be possible even if the game is unpatched. I'll play the game "soon" anyway but it would be nice to know if I can avoid to unpatch the game for nothing since I've never done it and I'm not really good at these kind of thing.

The game will recognise whatever caused the trophy to unlock on the version of the game you're playing. If you do those requirements on the old patch for the game, the trophy will unlock regardless of how PSN itself has been programmed. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Trope Hore said:

added Beat Saber thanks to @enaysoft 

Beat Saber  |  A Dec 2018 patch (v1.03?) removed an exploit that let users easily achieve S ranks via modifiers (source), making 'Hope' significantly harder. Users should be able to simply revert to v1.00 for this trophy.

Hey man, thanks for the crosslink, this affects not only Hope, but the "Precision" trophy as well.

• Like 1