List of Games You Should Play Unpatched

On 05/12/2018 at 8:21 PM, Trope Hore said:

Mortal Blitz  |  v1.03 introduced "Extreme" difficulty which became required to achieve 'True Hero'. Reverting to v1.00 should net you the trophy just by playing on Nightmare difficulty. (pending confirmation)

I can confirm that it works. 

I played the whole game (apart from the final mission) with patches to benefit from the various improvements brought by the patches. For the last mission on nightmare difficulty I played the game in his V1.0 version and I obtained the trophy after that. 

The whole game should be doable in 1.0 but the patches are really worth it and make the game much more enjoyable. (Graphics improved, bug removed, faster loading screens...)

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I tested out A Long Dark (US), and the debug menu doesn't seem to work in v1.00. A source tells me that the v1.00 EU version doesn't have it either ?

added Race The Sun thanks to @PvtVoid :pimp:

Race The Sun  |  v1.00 has a major exploit (detailed in this trophy guide) that keeps your trophy progress persisting through death & even different game modes, thus trivializing all trophies. This can be done on VITA/PS3/PS4. Note that this game has a stackable LRG platinum (PH) that is pre-patched, meaning you'll need to earn its trophies legitimately. There is cross-save between the 2 stacks, but only the level-up trophies seem to autopop (source).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is some really great information, thanks for linking my isaac thread. I would just personally remove the Star Wars BF2 mention since that can't be reverted to as the game won't allow you to play without the proper patches, so it's not really that important to be mentioned, imo.

• Like 1

You could add "Mental Unblock" from Need for Speed, the 2015 game. I read somewhere that v1.03 update allowed to get that trophy by getting 350000 points in "Mental Block" with Ken Block's car WITHOUT having to finish the race in time. It has been fixed since then.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Thank you for sharing these.

Is there any way to revert The Binding of Isaac? I can’t seem to make it work but I’d love to. Bloodborne and Surgeon Simulator both reverts to 1.00 automatically

The Binding of Isaac reverted to 1.00

1) Start the download and pause it as usual

2) Make sure you download on pc the appkgo link (base game)

3) Once downloaded put it in DataFiles folder (in psx folder)

4) Then on the Log page of psx press (Local:) Select under the appkgo link and add the downloaded game that you put in DataFiles folder

5) Try resume download, it should be still within patch

6) Delete download, close and restart PSX

7) Try downloading it again and it could work (if it’s 500mb it worked) on the Log page of psx you should see 4 links, there should be just appkgo links, no pkgo links this time

To me it’s happened after I’ve tried many times without restarting psx and I’ve did the 4th step for the pkgo links too (desperation lol) I was downloading Bloodborne too and while retrying an error occurred on Ps4 and I wasn’t able to download TBOI anymore, then the same happened for Bloodborne, psx crashed and I’ve restarted it, I’ve tried to download TBOI again, it wasn’t paused, I started a new download and it worked

I hope you will figure out a method to have it to always work

Edited by Eremine088020
Reverted
  • Like 1

@Trope Hore, I believe Redout, a small indie racing game a bit like wipeout, was completely changed after a patch. The trophies weren't changed but the ingame requirements for the trophies were changed. So you have to win so many events. But the requirements for winning were changed from doable to really difficult. This happened with patch 1.03.

And for Flatout 4, this works but not if you already had a save file. For me i discovered it pretty late, removed the patch but the two extra cars didn't appear so i can only get the platinum with removing my entire save file and starting over

• Like 1

Thanks for the contributions, fellas :pimp:  I've opted to remove irreversible online exploits, since they're probably not interesting to most people

Anyway, here's a recap of new additions since my last post:

Constructor  |  v1.09 patched an exploit that made 'BUILT LIKE A THUG' easier to achieve; the trophy would pop from killing 5 zombies or cockroaches, not just workers. Details in trophy guide. Reverting to v1.00 should re-enable it.

Metro Exodus  |  v1.00 has this exploit that lets players achieve 'Hardcore' and 'Eternal Voyage' by essentially just replaying the 1st mission. This means you only need 1 playthrough instead of 2, and can enjoy the game on an easier difficulty. Note that this has only been tested on disc, but should work the same digitally.

Need for Speed  |  The DLC trophy 'Mental Unblock' has allegedly become harder after a late-2018 patch. Apparently, "v1.03 allowed you to get that trophy by getting 350,000 points in 'Mental Block' with Ken Block's car WITHOUT having to finish the race in time". So if you're having serious difficulty with it, try reverting to v1.03.

Redout  |  Patch v1.03 arbitrarily made the Career medal time requirements much stricter, drastically increasing the difficulty of 'Pile Up Trophies'. You can simply delete the patches and breeze through the Career on v1.00.

Shadows: Awakening  |  Patch v1.08 made 'Got Gud' unobtainable, but users confirm (here) that the trophy pops normally on v1.00.

Table Top Racing: World Tour  |  There was an exploit to achieve 'Gold! Always Believe In Your Soul!' much easier by just drifting in a donut pattern to accumulate the required drift points. Check out this thread for details (scroll down to Special Events). Multiple patches have crippled/removed this exploit, but deleting the patches to play on v1.00 should do the trick.

(thanks to @TheYuriG for summoning me to the Metro Exodus exploit thread!)

Edited by Trope Hore
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Trope Hore said:

Need for Speed  |  The DLC trophy 'Mental Unblock' has allegedly become harder after a late-2018 patch. Apparently, "v1.03 allowed you to get that trophy by getting 350,000 points in 'Mental Block' with Ken Block's car WITHOUT having to finish the race in time". So if you're having serious difficulty with it, try reverting to v1.03.

But the game is online-only with no downloadable updates, it simply downloads the latest version.

Also that thread you linked has nothing to do with the trophy, that final race is easier, it's a case of "git gud".

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

good catch Lance, I forgot NFS is always online.

Removed NFS

Added Sheltered

Added Titan Quest (thanks to @grifteskymfning for summoning me in the relevant thread)

Sheltered  |  v1.02 made 'CORRECT CODE' unobtainable, but deleting the patches should make this achievable again on v1.00.

Titan Quest  |  This duplication exploit worked on v1.03, but doesn't work on v1.07. It made all trophies quicker & easier. Players should test whether this works on v1.00; if it doesn't, you'll have to find the corresponding patch URL to revert specifically to v1.03.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Sephinova said:

@Trope HoreI found this after I had a run in with FFXV being shit. Now I thought I'd do the Isaac one but when I click on the link for the list of URL's it says the website is unavailable. Can you re-up this perhaps or has someone somewhere linked to another list of URL's?

the link still works for me; here are the 3 links associated with CUSA01344 (Binding of Isaac: Rebirth EU)

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/appkgo/prod/CUSA01344_00/1/f_20a5ef83137a2934bc565c2cfbbee85da07b395c7ae98f48dd729b95e45e9f09/f/EP2103-CUSA01344_00-BINDINGOFISAACP4.pkg

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA01344_00/18/f_654bff285d7de0988c6b6c779d0503f4277052b2287ff507e9449a3ca4a388f4/f/EP2103-CUSA01344_00-BINDINGOFISAACP4-A0107-V0100-DP.pkg

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA01344_00/18/f_654bff285d7de0988c6b6c779d0503f4277052b2287ff507e9449a3ca4a388f4/f/EP2103-CUSA01344_00-BINDINGOFISAACP4-A0107-V0100.pkg

A patch for Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality (I believe 1.03) fixes a bug for the shooting mini-game related to the Beaurocratic Nightmare trophy. Before the patch you could hide in the floor and the trophy was a breeze (the trophy guide even includes this method), but after the patch this is fixed and the trophy is extremely difficult to do legitimately.

• Like 1

Hand of Fate, they added more trophies to base game, so you could potentially have the plat without all the base trophies and some of these are pretty damn difficult without a certain exploit. More importantly, they added "base characters" or whatever, where a complicated exploit is not possible outside of the "easy character", and most of the trophies don't unlock on "easy character". This essentially made the game go from a 3-4/10 (when abusing the exploit) to like 8-9/10 (IMO). This affects like almost all the trophies, and changes the difficulty of most of them drastically.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

I have not read through this entire thread so forgive me if someone has already mentioned this. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare has some glitches you can use on the disc version 1.00 only (digital version won't work). They are all over YouTube if you are interested. These glitches will make the "20/20" trophy as well as the "Flip Flop" Trophy cake. As I said there are a ton of YouTube tutorials on how to use these glitches as long as you are running the downgraded disc version. 

• Like 2

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US - ULTIMATE EDITION is patched, which makes Ultimate Battler trophy extremely difficult to get, 'cos com is reading every move & always uses counter attacks & does 50+ hit combos (especially when playing The Max & Impossible! battles).

Vanilla version can be played without patches, which makes com much, much easier.

Hope it helps?.

• Like 1