List of Games You Should Play Unpatched

On 27/06/2019 at 5:05 PM, Trope Hore said:

the link still works for me; here are the 3 links associated with CUSA01344 (Binding of Isaac: Rebirth EU)

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/appkgo/prod/CUSA01344_00/1/f_20a5ef83137a2934bc565c2cfbbee85da07b395c7ae98f48dd729b95e45e9f09/f/EP2103-CUSA01344_00-BINDINGOFISAACP4.pkg

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA01344_00/18/f_654bff285d7de0988c6b6c779d0503f4277052b2287ff507e9449a3ca4a388f4/f/EP2103-CUSA01344_00-BINDINGOFISAACP4-A0107-V0100-DP.pkg

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA01344_00/18/f_654bff285d7de0988c6b6c779d0503f4277052b2287ff507e9449a3ca4a388f4/f/EP2103-CUSA01344_00-BINDINGOFISAACP4-A0107-V0100.pkg

Much appreciated! I wonder why I got a "Not available" screen a few days ago, it does work now tho as I get a list of URL's.

Now one more thing I'm curious about is how this exactly works cause in the FFXV case you had to replace the .json file. Are .json and .pkg similar? I couldn't even find a .json in Isaac's case so I'd assume so but stil unsure.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 3:53 AM, Sephinova said:

Much appreciated! I wonder why I got a "Not available" screen a few days ago, it does work now tho as I get a list of URL's.

Now one more thing I'm curious about is how this exactly works cause in the FFXV case you had to replace the .json file. Are .json and .pkg similar? I couldn't even find a .json in Isaac's case so I'd assume so but stil unsure.

from what i can tell, you just edit the extension from "pkg" to "json". At least that's how it worked for Mad Max

On 6/27/2019 at 11:17 AM, MMDE said:

Hand of Fate, they added more trophies to base game, so you could potentially have the plat without all the base trophies and some of these are pretty damn difficult without a certain exploit. More importantly, they added "base characters" or whatever, where a complicated exploit is not possible outside of the "easy character", and most of the trophies don't unlock on "easy character". This essentially made the game go from a 3-4/10 (when abusing the exploit) to like 8-9/10 (IMO). This affects like almost all the trophies, and changes the difficulty of most of them drastically.

can you link these exploits so I can reference them?

On 6/27/2019 at 11:30 AM, UGZ-GHOSTFACE2 said:

The easter 200 events trophy trick in portal knights has been patched in the update that came out today 1.60

I actually platted this game last week with a couple friends, and the easter event exploit still worked for us  :dunno:

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2018 at 2:13 AM, Sergen said:

I forgot to mention it on @Mako's thread when I did it, since it was 5am and I went to sleep straight after, but Surgeon Simulator can be downgraded with the method that was posted. I haven't tried to get trophies for the game on version 1.00 as I'm not in the mood to work on the game yet, but the link @Trope Hore posted is the method that I used and it worked. Anyone else is free to try it with that information, the game goes on nearly every sale so it's worth waiting for the next one for any serious trophy hunter to find out. 

2lsLYZf.jpg

Hey which method did you use, I'm trying method 1 but it doesn't work, I tried restarting multiple times but game always downloads with a patch. Can you tell me what exactly did you do.

I know this thread is more than a year old lol 

You can add Tera to the list if you want. Two of the trophies are more difficult in the latest patch, but it's an MMORPG so there's no downgrading.

Arun Boss - two of the bosses were made more powerful so you pretty much can't do them solo anymore.

Shara Boss - used to be you could kill one of the enemies on the list (gluttonous fangspawn) over and over and this would pop, but they fixed the glitch so you actually have to do the requirements now.

No idea what patch fixed/changed these. Tera (AS)'s version started with the "fixed" trophies. Interestingly, Arun Boss used to be the easier one, but now Shara Boss is the easier one.

• 1 month later...

Borderlands 3 can go on the list, because the Hot Fixes and patches have made various nerfs to XP and Eridium gain, legendary drop rates and certain weapons. The Hot Fix and patch download can be circumvented by playing offline but due to the presence of online trophies, you will have to play online at some point if you want your Platinum. Also note that both the Hot Fix and Patch, fix various progression blockers and stability/performance problems so avoiding them might be a bad idea - it just depends on what you value more.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 2 weeks later...

updated with R6 Siege and BL3

I'm only going to include games & exploits that will/can work, so I've held off on adding ones that require always online (Tera), or a friend to help online (Warhamer Chaosbane)

Borderlands 3  |  Patch v1.02 and various hotfixes have nerfed XP & Eridium gain, drop rates, and some equipment. There are various v1.00 exploits that you can try abusing, like this God mode. Be wary of potential progression glitches that might force you to update.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege  |  A patch changed most of the trophies, making some harder and some easier. You can revert to v1.00 and use this thread to get 12 trophies easier in Situations mode, saving you potentially dozens of hours.

• 2 months later...

Precursor Orbs glitch in Jak 3 has been patched some time ago(there are still glitches but they are less effective and harder to pull off), making all 3 Precursor Orbs trophies longer and harder. If you downgrade to 1.00, the glitch will work again with no problems. I just got the platinum a few hours ago.

I noticed lots of people has problems with downgrading, if you're sure that you did everything correctly and it still doesn't work try checking the name of the file that you download with the link from cmd, if you downloaded it more than once, all files will have the same name but the second, third,...downloaded file will have number at the end. These files will not work when you put them in the data folder. Just use the original one or rename and delete the number the other. Idk if this only happened to me lol but yeah..check this if you think everything else works. Note that this only applies to the second method described here.

79905008_536176780300888_7415940740888395776_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=z7U-hNV-9WoAQm6HJWxQqELINpI56PDdh5HfQmd-D4lA4YgExhXxiSy0g&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1.fna&oh=f95c17cc8cbd73335b57125716a18ec1&oe=5E682A8A

• Like 1

Since my last post, Borderlands 3 is now on v1.08 and received many more significant nerfs to guns and equipment - plus several prominent exploits have been nuked. If you choose to play offline without any patches or Hot Fixes then you won't have access to any of the DLCs, plus the game is much more unstable and certain missions are prone to bugging out so you can't finish them.

Jurassic World Evolution has received 31 patches since launch, some of which have added additional tasks to the requirements for certain trophies and made the Platinum harder and more tedious to get.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 11:08 AM, Trope Hore said:

thanks, i've added pretty much everything

let me know if y'all find a Dying Light dupe exploit video that currently works. I checked a few videos, but there's many complaints of game crashes  @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

It still works, I duped up to legend 250 in june of this year, the game only crashes if you try to dupe more than 1 stack of items at a time or if you move too slowly through your inventory. I did bolter livers in the following dlc though as they give way more exp than the care packages, plus they can stack over 100,000

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Minecraft entry needs updating, because Sail the 7 Seas has been fixed but the Bedrock Update (v1.96 upwards) has trashed the game by making it very unstable, randomly glitching multiple trophies, screwing up the netcode and worst all, locking out the Legacy version for new players :(. You can fix the trophy and Legacy Edition problems by obtaining an Original Retail copy (the one with Diamond Armour Steve on the cover) and updating that to the latest patch. The stability and connection problems will need a dedicated patch so there's nothing you can do about that, unfortunately :(.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The Minecraft entry needs updating, because Sail the 7 Seas has been fixed but the Bedrock Update (v1.96 upwards) has trashed the game by making it very unstable, randomly glitching multiple trophies, screwing up the netcode and worst all, locking out the Legacy version for new players :(. You can fix the trophy and Legacy Edition problems by obtaining an Original Retail copy (the one with Diamond Armour Steve on the cover) and updating that to the latest patch. The stability and connection problems will need a dedicated patch so there's nothing you can do about that, unfortunately :(.

At least you can join the achievement island if you know someone with the windows 10 version and pop all of the trophies there in under 3 hours(minus the pvp ones)

Edited by SnowxSakura

On 17/12/2019 at 2:43 AM, timpurnat said:

Precursor Orbs glitch in Jak 3 has been patched some time ago(there are still glitches but they are less effective and harder to pull off), making all 3 Precursor Orbs trophies longer and harder. If you downgrade to 1.00, the glitch will work again with no problems. I just got the platinum a few hours ago.

I noticed lots of people has problems with downgrading, if you're sure that you did everything correctly and it still doesn't work try checking the name of the file that you download with the link from cmd, if you downloaded it more than once, all files will have the same name but the second, third,...downloaded file will have number at the end. These files will not work when you put them in the data folder. Just use the original one or rename and delete the number the other. Idk if this only happened to me lol but yeah..check this if you think everything else works. Note that this only applies to the second method described here.

79905008_536176780300888_7415940740888395776_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=z7U-hNV-9WoAQm6HJWxQqELINpI56PDdh5HfQmd-D4lA4YgExhXxiSy0g&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1.fna&oh=f95c17cc8cbd73335b57125716a18ec1&oe=5E682A8A

"Precursor Orbs glitch"? AFAIK there's multiple variants of them, and the one I know and personally tested back when the games launched was the one that requires you to restart a "golden orb" mission while holding the L2 button so that you collect the orbs while turning into Dark Jak. May I ask which method has been patched?

Furthermore, does using debug mode to earn 1000 orbs still give you the trophies about those with the current latest patch? (Implying latest patch hasn't removed debug codes)

Edited by crashratchet
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, crashratchet said:

"Precursor Orbs glitch"? AFAIK there's multiple variants of them, and the one I know and personally tested back when the games launched was the one that requires you to restart a "golden orb" mission while holding the L2 button so that you collect the orbs while turning into Dark Jak. May I ask which method has been patched?

Furthermore, does using debug mode to earn 1000 orbs still give you the trophies about those with the current latest patch? (Implying latest patch hasn't removed debug codes)

Yeah they patched the Dark Jak glitch, it still kinda works but it's more annoying. Also, people said that you can still use 2 controllers to get 300 orbs. Sorry, I couldn't give more info but I never played the game on the latest patch. You can see the new methods for the latest patch here but it's probably easier to downgrade to 1.00: 

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, Mako said:

The Witness works fine on 1.00, assume previous report of it not working are due to corrupt download.

So you can play The Witness on v 1.00 with no issues?

• 2 months later...

You can add Wipeout HD on PS3 to the list. You can completely stop the AI from taking pick-ups and shooting at you by downgrading. Credit goes to Prtmcluescrol from playstationtrophies.org.

How to do on EU version

1. If you got the lastest patch installed then delete game or patches
2. Update the game
3. If you got the digital version, install the first 3 patches then you cancel the update when its at 4/6. if you have the disc version, stop at 3/4. If done correctly you should be on version 2.30
4. Start a race against AI and you will notice AI will no longer shoot... patch 2.30 makes the AI no longer shoot weapons, use turbos etc making the elite campaign much easier
5. Enjoy your platinum smile.gif
If you have the NA version, patch 2.40 is the glitch where the AI wont fire at you
Stop at 5/7 to get Version 2.40

Can confirm this works as I've done Elite Campaign Legend this way. It's still difficult since you will need to do time trials and speed laps the usual way. And the races will take a while to complete even with downgraded AI. But it helps A LOT when you don't have to fear AI shooting you in the back every time you get the lead.

Edit:

Actually there is another trophy you can cheese with downgrading. If you delete all patches completely, you can get Zone Zeus, one of the most difficult trophies in the game auto-pop when you crash in a wall in a certain spot.

Edited by Silver-I-Chariot
Added something
  • Like 2

Good shout; I used that AI glitch to speedrun the campaign to do that 1 online trophy, but forgot to include it

also added some OC:

Override: Mech City Brawl  |  The current patch requires a paid DLC skin to unlock 'Elevated Look', but this can be bypassed by reverting to v1.00; see this post for details.

On 2/26/2019 at 4:55 AM, FrenchDevil54 said:

Shadows: Awakening trophy "Got Gud" is bugged and unobtainable with the latest version (1.08) but can be obtained with the version 1.00. This is confirmed for NA and EU versions.

LOL man did we go through shit to get this trophy buddy!  ?

Appaling that they never even bothered to fix this shit yet they still want to charge 30 fucking dollars for it!

On 9/26/2019 at 1:57 PM, grifteskymfning said:

Warhammer Chaosbane.

In a previous patch you could cheese the "complete the game with x character" trophies by having a max level friend boost you through a Relic Hunt and you would pop the trophies. This does not work in the newest patch.

I had to do this legit and it was MIND NUMBING!!! Ugh!

Edited by MrTacoNinja